Yamaha AVENTAGE 2021 AV Receivers Bulk Up on Power and 8K Features

Majorusa

Majorusa

Junior Audioholic
What info is missing? It does look like it's accounting for a pair of atmos enabled speakers on top of your towers.
Yes but it does not show the angles. It does not calibrate them. I did want to see how is looking should you have other type of speakers.

J

jakkedtide

Audioholic
@OldAndSlowDev def get 7.2.4.

I have r Atmos speakers and rain sound soooo real. Literally like you are standing outside getting rained on. Can't localize the sound either. It's literally everywhere lol

It's an experience, not just something that sounds amazing.

Falstaff

Falstaff

Audioholic Intern
So, this weekend I decided to stop playing with set-up options and just enjoy the A8A. I’m very pleased with it. No issues, just good sound. I’ve also left Surround AI on and been impressed by it. Based on by what I’ve heard, it may stay on indefinitely. I will say the YAPO has most certainly handled my sub set-up with a lot more finesse than my Denon did, but given that the 4520CI was 8 years old, that could simply be due to advancements in the technology. My bass response is smooth, not boomy. It’s there, I feel it in my feet when I’m meant to, but it no longer rattles the light fixtures.

VASKION

VASKION

Audioholic
@OldAndSlowDev def get 7.2.4.

I have r Atmos speakers and rain sound soooo real. Literally like you are standing outside getting rained on. Can't localize the sound either. It's literally everywhere lol

It's an experience, not just something that sounds amazing.
Exactly. Most people say that 5.x.4 sounds better than 7.x.2. That's why I proposed to @OldAndSlowDev to try and see for himself which he would like better. The Auro-3D upmixer is also said to be excellent even on Dolby Atmos soundtracks. It seems worth trying at least.

Last edited:
OldAndSlowDev

OldAndSlowDev

Senior Audioholic
I have identified that my subwoofers are humming when the amp is off. If I unplug the coaxial the humming stop. Could it be an amp defect ?
Edit : I found the origin of the humming: it’s my PC hdmi input

Last edited:
Majorusa

Majorusa

Junior Audioholic
Mine is connected to the amp with trigger cable. So, when the amp starts, the sub starts, when the amp is tyrning off it turns off the sub. A cheap 5 EUR mono jack cable from amazon.
Concerning the humming, check that the sub cable to be far from a power source. If it is not properly shielded can induce humm.

OldAndSlowDev

OldAndSlowDev

Senior Audioholic
Mine is connected to the amp with trigger cable. So, when the amp starts, the sub starts, when the amp is tyrning off it turns off the sub. A cheap 5 EUR mono jack cable from amazon.
Concerning the humming, check that the sub cable to be far from a power source. If it is not properly shielded can induce humm.
It’s nice to be able to do that with your subs. Mines are always on, there’s no standby and no way to automatically switch them off.

OldAndSlowDev

OldAndSlowDev

Senior Audioholic
Some pretty nice speakers too!

Okay, your trim levels. The 707s have a sensitivity of 84 dB and the 702s are 88 dB. That's a 4 dB difference, and they look to be roughly the same distance from mlp. I would expect the trim to be 4 - 5 dB higher for the surround speakers just based on specs and it looks like YPAO nailed it.
I checked and you are right, the 707 S2 are 84db, the 704 90dB, so there is actually a 6dB difference but as the surround speakers are closer YPAO got a +4.5dB correction which sounds not too "stupid"

Last edited:
Majorusa

Majorusa

Junior Audioholic
It’s nice to be able to do that with your subs. Mines are always on, there’s no standby and no way to automatically switch them off.
You can do this by purchasing two slave trigger 12V power supply devices. A8A has two trigger exits that can be connected to the power supplies and these will cut the power to your subs. Like the one below. Rel does not have trigger input or auto on/off as I could see from their page.

OldAndSlowDev

OldAndSlowDev

Senior Audioholic
You can do this by purchasing two slave trigger 12V power supply devices. A8A has two trigger exits that can be connected to the power supplies and these will cut the power to your subs. Like the one below. Rel does not have trigger input or auto on/off as I could see from their page.

Made in France, no way !!!

I am joking, I am French...
If I found something similar for 110v it can be a good solution. Thank you

J

jakkedtide

Audioholic
Exactly. Most people say that 5.x.4 sounds better than 7.x.2. That's why I proposed to @OldAndSlowDev to try and see for himself which he would like better. The Auro-3D upmixer is also said to be excellent even on Dolby Atmos soundtracks. It seems worth trying at least.
Not too much difference between 5.2.4 and 7.2.4.

I think the source makes the biggest difference. Just a bit more full in the back

VASKION

VASKION

Audioholic
Not too much difference between 5.2.4 and 7.2.4.

I think the source makes the biggest difference. Just a bit more full in the back
Comparison I am mentioning is 5.x.4 (4 height speakers) vs 7.x.2 (only 2 front height speakers).

OldAndSlowDev

OldAndSlowDev

Senior Audioholic
Right now I found both 3D location and sound space to be perfectly filled with my setup. I have the above sound feeling with my front speakers. But if some day I find some good looking speakers for the height presence, I think I can manage to get a not too ugly setup for back height presence. Right now I try to understand why a switched off PC can send some noise that can be hear in subwoofer while even the AVR is switched off. No way I get this noise interfering with my music listening so I just unplug this hdmi right now.

VASKION

VASKION

Audioholic
Right now I found both 3D location and sound space to be perfectly filled with my setup. I have the above sound feeling with my front speakers. But if some day I find some good looking speakers for the height presence, I think I can manage to get a not too ugly setup for back height presence. Right now I try to understand why a switched off PC can send some noise that can be hear in subwoofer while even the AVR is switched off. No way I get this noise interfering with my music listening so I just unplug this hdmi right now.
I guess there is still some current floating around and/or ground loop issue with your PC <-> AVR connection.

clone1008

clone1008

Full Audioholic
Sounds like a ground loop issue.

VASKION

VASKION

Audioholic
If I recall correctly you had some device hooked up to your HDMI connection to maintain strong signal because of the distance. If you plug some HDMI cable directly from the PC into the AVR do you still hear the sound? If yes, it is the PC. If not, it is the other device.

OldAndSlowDev

OldAndSlowDev

Senior Audioholic
I would and maybe if you have an extension cord try an outlet by itself
Sounds like a good way to find if it's the power outlet, or the extender, or something else. I will try to isolate things one by one to at least understand the weak spot. Not sure I will be able to fix this but I want to understand.

clone1008

clone1008

Full Audioholic
Sounds like a good way to find if it's the power outlet, or the extender, or something else. I will try to isolate things one by one to at least understand the weak spot. Not sure I will be able to fix this but I want to understand.
What extender are you using?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis