Xbox 360, PS3, or Nintendo Revolution

Which console??

• Total voters
N

no man

Audioholic
online specs for xbox 360 (from official site):

Instant, out-of-the-box access to Xbox Live features with broadband service, including Xbox Live Marketplace for downloadable content, gamer profile for digital identity, and voice chat to talk to friends while playing games, watching movies, or listening to music
Built-in Ethernet port
Wi-Fi ready: 802.11a, 802.11b, and 802.11g
Video camera ready

N

no man

Audioholic
how much do you think the remote for the x360 will go for? think it'll be universal or just for the box?

N

no man

Audioholic
no man said:
online specs for xbox 360 (from official site):

Instant, out-of-the-box access to Xbox Live features with broadband service, including Xbox Live Marketplace for downloadable content, gamer profile for digital identity, and voice chat to talk to friends while playing games, watching movies, or listening to music
Built-in Ethernet port
Wi-Fi ready: 802.11a, 802.11b, and 802.11g
Video camera ready
hah i quoted myself...about the camera ready thing..do you think a person could hook up their webcam through a usb port?

N

no man

Audioholic
i just found out that the xbox 360 controllers have a start up (for the console) button in the certer of the controller, no extra remote is necacary for the start up function.

N

no man

Audioholic
the first game i'm getting for my box is NEED FOR SPEED MOST WANTED!! because i love N4S Underground 2, in the new one, you get to evade cops too!! its like hot persuit and under ground 2 colided to creat a super game! :D

Tsunamii

Tsunamii

Full Audioholic
no man said:
where can i pre order an xbox 360??
To pre order you will have to go into a store like EB etc. Its $50 to pre-order.

N

no man

Audioholic
i just found out that ps2 has free online, xbox has pretty cheap pricing for their online (about 7-8 dollars a month-CND dollar). I dont know about ps3, anyone have the missing piece? Will ps3 have free online? or will you have to pay? (should be free for what they're charging for the system...)

although i'm definetely going with the xbox 360, i do not exclude facts and/or questions relating other systems (see, i dont have a bitter hatred for sony, ripoff artists..-i just dont like them :) )

N

no man

Audioholic
hmm, Ive been watching the polls, and so far, no system has reached 40%, I'd call the system that has 50% or over the winner, because it would hold the majority of the votes, but the highest is held by the Xbox 360, and its at 39.42%, the highest I've seen is about 39.78%. Not many updates regarding specific dates and solid specs..next 3 months'll be packed with them, as november nears

N

no man

Audioholic
Will the xbox 360 be backwards compatible with the original xbox??? WILL I BE ABLE TO PLAY VICE CITY ON THE XBOX 360?!!

N

no man

Audioholic
I'm asking because I don't own vice city, but I'm a fan of it, and my friend has it, I could borrow it from him.. I don't have an xbox.. get it?

J

Jedi2016

Full Audioholic
Wait a minute... all this talk about how great the Xbox is and you don't even own one?

To answer your question, the 360 will be partially compatible with Xbox games. Only a few at first, and apparently more will be added to the "list" later, probably through some sort of download or install. No telling where GTA will be on that list, you may be waiting a while.

That's one thing both Sony and Nintendo have covered.. both of their systems are 100% backwards compatible right out of the box, all the way back.

Tsunamii

Tsunamii

Full Audioholic
Jedi, Though I have read the same about backwards compat, id say I am not beleiving anything until they are out in the stores. There was an read this week from J Allard saying there will be more then one flavor X360, so who knows. Sony has already said they are waiting to see how X360 perfroms to finialze its stradgey on entering the market so im sure everything is fluid at this point.
I hope to have both machines but if PS3 is over $500 I doubt I will spend the extra untill it comes down. The Amsterdam show will wrap up most of the speculation on Xbox id say.

N

no man

Audioholic
I agree with Tsunamii, nothings for sure yet. When the console are one week from release, that'll be concrete information, plus once I get my box I'm getting xbox live so I won't mind downloading extra stuff

Spiffyfast

Spiffyfast

Audioholic General
I just wanna play Halo 3 in 1080i and 5.1 sound, that is gonna be sooo cool

N

no man

Audioholic
hell ya!.. but I'll probably just have it in 5.1 surround...no hd tv for me

Spiffyfast

Spiffyfast

Audioholic General
no man said:
hell ya!.. but I'll probably just have it in 5.1 surround...no hd tv for me
If you have a decent stereo system, I'd go with HD first and then get surround later, its amazing how much more you can see when playing games that have a lot of dark areas

WndrBr3d

WndrBr3d

Full Audioholic
Re: Backwards Compatibility

Microsoft has come out and said that only "top-selling" XBox titles will be backwards compatible with the Xbox360 at time of release. The main reason for this is the complete overhaul of the XBox hardware.

Emulating an x86 CPU (733mhz Celeron in original XBox) on a faster platform is no big challenge. What is going to be the issue is how different games called the GPU differently. The XBox platform had a graphics API similar to that of DirectX, but in order to squeeze more power and FPS out of the aging hardware, over time game developers had to write their own API and device wrappers to interface with the nVidia GPU directly.

Because of this, Microsoft cannot simply deploy one global "CPU and GPU" emulator to emulate every XBox game. What they're doing is releasing "profiles" that you can download. These "profiles" will be specially crafted Emulators that address the specific issues within each game.

This is nothing new for the EMU community, who has been catering to custom code for ages (NES mappers come to mind).

Sony hasn't revealed how they're going to handle backwards compatibility for the PS3, but you might expect something along the lines of how they handled PS1 compatibility within the PS2..... they just slapped PS1 hardware in there, and when you play a PS1 title, it'd use the PS1 CPU/GPU.

N

no man

Audioholic
thanks for the info WnDrBr3d, vice city was a top selling game, so I should be able to play it before I get live.

I would get a HDTV before the new sound system, but... HDTV's have a larger price tag, so I'd have to save up some more, and I think I just bought vice city by accident over future shop..

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis