Xbox 360, PS3, or Nintendo Revolution

Which console??

• Total voters
N

no man

Audioholic
Which, out of the three soon-to-be-released consles would you get any why???

Last edited:
N

no man

Audioholic
no man said:
Which, out of the three soon-to-be-released consles would you get any why???
I'd go for xbox 360 because the PS3 overinflted it numbers-biased number-and i've lost trust in Nintendo because the gamecube was a failure-they said that there would be full online servers and stuff-like xbox and ps2- but there were only 4 online games. I've played xbox many times and although for the first few months there were many reported cases or them crashing, they fixed the glich, and the graphics were stunning. another reason why i want to get it is that halo 3's coming out next spring :D :D :D. Most people will just go for the console that their previous one was made by (gamecube-revolution or xbox-xbox 360 or PS2-PS3) just because they already know the system. I have a gamecube and i want the xbox360 because it has a remote to turn it on so i dont have to get up ;) and because it has an embedded 10MB EDRAM which puts it above the rest. The main reason is that Microsoft has really been obsessed with xbox and less enthusiastic of computer and has been releasing far more games for xbox than computer. if this trend continues, i want to be a step ahead and take adventage of it, also my computer is getting old and soon wont be able to support the newest games (256 ram). I dont know why but ive never like the PS or PS2...i kind of think of them as i rip off of the xbox, with isnt correct but...i dont know i just dont trust PS. What happened to dreamcast or whatever it was (that wierd console that had a two year battery??? sega dreamcast wasnt it???) anyway...that my opinion and my choice. its up to you which you want and if you want. My advice is...check out the specs and up comming games and dont rely on past console for you whole opinon.

Rob Babcock

Rob Babcock

I'm more excited for the P3, as it's considerably superior to the 360, technically, but of course it will be a long wait. Actually, both will be a long wait. I basically have no respect for Nintendo at all, but depending upon the price I may buy their new toy.

I'll end up buying all three, in all probability. Each has their strengths, and they'll each probably have exclusive games I'll want to play. Unless you can't afford to buy them, only the diehard fanboys need to have only one.

N

no man

Audioholic
Ive noticed that people are voting but not stating why...o well :p

Rock&Roll Ninja

Rock&Roll Ninja

Audioholic Field Marshall
Nintendo: has (historically) controllers shaped for inhuman hands. Plus the family-friendly stereotyping tends to make me apathetic.

MicroSoft: XBox had 1 great game (and its sequel). I didn't even like it. If X-Box 1 couldn't make a single game I wanted to play, I dont have alot hope for 360

Playstation: If the rumoured Blu*Ray drives can play movies in all their HD glory I'll buy regardless. If all my PS1 & PS2 games work on it, I might pick one up even if it doesnt show BR movies (PS has the most games I like).

Really I have yet to be wowed or amazed (the fact these are all pre-production vaporware isnt helping) by any next-gen system. I'll save my money until great titles are released (who knows, Nintendo may make a comeback in my house..... not seen since the famicom).

M

MAX661

Audioholic
I chose the Xbox360 because unlike the previous poster I enjoy many xbox exclusive games like:

1.Dead Or Alive 4 "Best martial arts series ever created"
2.Ninja Gaiden
3.Halo 3
4.Shenmue Series
5.Forza Motorsport
And the list could go on.

After stating that, I am also waiting for the PS3 for it's exclusive games like:
1.Grand Theft Auto
2.Tenchu Series
and also it's extra capabilities "Blu-Ray mostly", 1080p and so on...

I think there should also be a section in the poll for people who plan to buy both. The only reason I bought a gamecube also was for mariokart, so if a new version comes out I think I will have to try that to.

C

Catdaddy

Junior Audioholic
Ill buy both the XBox 360 and PS3, probably the Nintendo too. I have the gamecube, too .. need to add that to my sig.

I was intially more excited about the new xbox but after reading the specs on both I have to say im more excited about the PS3 now. It isnt rumored anymore, it will have a blu-ray drive and will be able to output at 1080p.

N

no man

Audioholic
ALthough PS3 may have a minor technical advantage, it cant compete with Xbox's user friendly system. ive heard that the numbers are over exadurated, but never the less will be able to support 1080p (wich burns me up because i feel that microsoft is just being a cheap-***), but the xbox360 will have better processors (three 3.2 gh processors). The 360 has three 3.2GHz PPE cores. The PS3 has one 3.2GHz PPE core with seven SPEs (and one redundant SPE). "The 2 TFLOPS number for the PS3 is a misnomer as well as it assumes only single-precision calculations, which are often error prone. When it comes to the application of the Cell within the bounds of producing game graphics, A.I, audio, physics, etc, the Cell and GPU must produce double-precision calculations which results in a 10:1 hit in performance. So the realistic output of the PS3 is reduced significantly." (nick_danger)
aside from that just because sony says they'll have dual 1080p output doesnt mean they will

N

no man

Audioholic
who knows...there's still a good wait untill they come out...also the xbox360 has 10MB embedded EDRAM which will put it above PS3 and the online abilities are far better (and way more cusomizable :D)

C

Catdaddy

Junior Audioholic
My feeling on it is regardless of the advantage one might have over the other, in terms of games, game titles will be more than likely produced for one over the other .. except for the exclusives .. which both pretty much get their own. Both will run the games relatively close in graphics, one machine having the edge over the other.

If the Xbox 360 runs the games with the same kind of edge in graphics as the Xbox currently runs them over the PS2 .. with the PS 3 having 1080 P and blu-ray, personally, it will have a much greater appeal to me.

I dont have ANY machine that is capable of outputting or displaying 1080p and the only HD playable devices I have are my firewire STB and my JVC D-VHS player and a HD DVD player will move both of those machines down the list as my most favorite device.

Even if the blu-ray doesnt get much support from other studios, Sony itself has enough movie content to make the blu-ray viable by itself, and just like with the PSP and their uni-disk, they wont have a problem making a buck on content for that format.

Microsoft is requiring content makers for the X360 to make their games run at 720p or 1080i only, which is nice .. and im betting most of the content for the PS 3 will follow suit, though i havent heard that Sony is requiring that.

This one isnt even close. If at release the xbox 360 will not be capable of 1080p output and will not have a HD optical device I dont think it will be winning any console wars with Sony.

N

no man

Audioholic
I personally feel that sony's waisting their money on the dual 1080p output...not many people have TWO of em...the majority of people who own a tv that can support it only have one. and as said before the PS3's controlls are alll skrewed up...they look like a gayass boomarang...now im not all that into tv (which is proven by the fact that ive only got two standard tvs-20" and a 28"-they 28" gets the xbox (of cource..)) but once i get my box that'll probably change. Although there may be a growing popularity for 1080p i think it will be more emphisized for the xbox 3 or whatever (the next next generation of gaming consoles) by then i think 1080p will be more popular and there may be somwthing better (2160p possibly???time will tell...) i think that microsoft should make the box support 1080p but...then again i wont care...actually i think its good the way it is...so what if PS3 has dual output...i doubt people will drag both their 1080p tv's in the same room just to play sum game...ps is more for sport games as ive noticed...more e-t ratings....anyway i think its awsome that the xbox will be able to hook up with your computer...ill be looking forward to that....ill need a long cable tho...two rooms down to it...hmm ill just drill a hole thu the wall so its all good

I'm guessing this is a misunderstanding of how that power and technology can be used. Also, they stated that controller was a mockup and may not be final.

I would think that it's safe to say they don't expect people to haul two large HD projectors or televisions into the gaming room. ;)

Tom Andry

Tom Andry

Speaker of the House
I would think that it's safe to say they don't expect people to haul two large HD projectors or televisions into the gaming room.

Though I know a guy that would do it.

N

no man

Audioholic
i still say those companies should wait untill hd is more popular...

S

slmcdonald7

Junior Audioholic
no man said:
Why? I see nothing wrong with ushering in the HD era. With more people wanting HD equipment, manufacturers will race to provide them at cheaper costs. This way, everyone wins. I have no concept of what a tetraflop is, but I know that I want about seven of them . . .

C

Catdaddy

Junior Audioholic
The current generation xbox already supports HD, There are several 720 p games out there already.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
no man said:
Yeah, I keep trying to find HD televisions... Just so hard to find. :cool:

Really, I can see a PS3 in a PC area hooked up to separate 1920x1200 23" LCD displays pretty easily for some serious head-to-head gaming.

Otherwise - Blu-Ray Disc + an incredible arsenal of games that will be out right away make PS3 the only way to go in my opinion.

b_panther_g

b_panther_g

Audioholic
I really like this thread.

For me it's all about the games. I like several games on the X-Box, so I'm looking forward to the X-Box 360. I'm not into sports games so, from a gaming standpoint, the PS3 doesn't make me want to rush out and buy it.

From a technology standpoint, the PS3 has it all over the X-Box 360. The cell processor looks like it can handle the physics in real time while the rest of the system handles everything else. Thats exciting.

But, like someone else mentioned, at this time MS is requiring that everyone to make games in HD. Sony isn't and I think that it's a mistake. It's been my experience that, even on non-HD TVs, HD content looks better than standard material.

But for me it's about the games and I like the X-Box games.

Enjoy,
Panther

JohnA

JohnA

Audioholic Chief
PS3 for me...Backwards compatible with all my current games (PS1 and PS2) ...need I say more ;)

C

claudermilk

Full Audioholic
Agreed. I'll stick with PS. When I got my PS2 I had exactly one game for about a year: GT3. The whole reason for getting that box & the racing sim everyone else has been chasing. Besides, I've already lined Bill's pockets enough.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis