What to do next ....

Patrick Kennedy

Patrick Kennedy

Audioholic
What is the cost comparison if you ordered Monos... 12" or 15" vs the Hsus you spec'd above?
Monolith 12 Inch Powered Subwoofer - Black | THX Select Certified, 500 Watt Amplifier, 12 Inch Driver for Studio & Home Theater
CDN$ 1,271.87 FREE shipping

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
In Canada, we usually get fair prices (shipped, and relative to USA's) for KEF, Focal, SVS, Infinity and may be Polk Audios speakers too.
Curious about JBL since Infinity is on the list, I would expect all of Harman Audio to be.

Patrick Kennedy

Patrick Kennedy

Audioholic
Alright i made half my decision. I will upgrade my subs first. I know i want to go with monolith also. But what i dont know is should i go with a powerfull 15 inch or maybe 2x 12 inch or perhapse 2x 10 inch.

Considering that my room id about 2000'3. What would be the best option?

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Alright i made half my decision. I will upgrade my subs first. I know i want to go with monolith also. But what i dont know is should i go with a powerfull 15 inch or maybe 2x 12 inch or perhapse 2x 10 inch.

Probably dual 12in. HSU or Monolith if you have room for 2.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan

Always dual your room is 2000'3 but I believe you mentioned it's open to another area. Regardless with your room open or not I know me I'd go with the 15 that monoprice 15 is a steal at that price. It gets great great reviews but that's just me If rather go big or go home! :eek:

Patrick Kennedy

Patrick Kennedy

Audioholic
Always dual your room is 2000'3 but I believe you mentioned it's open to another area. Regardless with your room open or not I know me I'd go with the 15 that monoprice 15 is a steal at that price. It gets great great reviews but that's just me If rather go big or go home! :eek:
The things is... one monolith 15 is huge in my room so... no way i am going with two... but maybe i can get instead 2x 10 inch or 12 inch subs.

My room is close. You can see my room plan in my original thread.

Btw i dont have multi row, just one couch.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
The things is... one monolith 15 is huge in my room so... no way i am going with two... but maybe i can get instead 2x 10 inch or 12 inch subs.

If size is an issue then monolith 12 inch dual will do just fine in there. If SVS isn't expensive the PB 2000 or PC 2000 for the same price would look great

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord

I agree that 12" subs as duals would be the best option. Nothing wrong with bigger, but even in my 2000'3 room, those two Outlaws lake up some real estate.
Weigh closely the cost (as you already have) of SVS vs Hsu vs Monolith vs Paradigm Defiance. Re: the Paradigms, I recall Shady gave the recommendation for those... they are Canadian, and performance looks good. I like the X12 over the V12 but if budget is an issue, two v12s will probably do you quite well in that room. ;)

Best!
R

Patrick Kennedy

Patrick Kennedy

Audioholic
If size is an issue then monolith 12 inch dual will do just fine in there. If SVS isn't expensive the PB 2000 or PC 2000 for the same price would look great
Are SVS avaible in Canada? Whats the difference between the PB and the PC?

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Are SVS avaible in Canada? Whats the difference between the PB and the PC?
I don't know the monolith from monoprice and SVS from PB 2000 at the 12 inch size run pretty identical
The only difference between the 2 is the is the PB 2000 is your standard big box and the PC 2000 is a cylinder which is taller but only has a 16.5 inch footprint.There performance is identical but I believe the PC 2000 can extend just a touch deeper then the PB 2000. They are the same price as the monoprice monolith 12 and if SVS isn't too expensive in Canada they are worth looking into especially the PC 2000 if size is an issue. Contact SVS customer support they have outstanding customer service. They can let you know if they are setup in Canada

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Yes, upgrade that sub! You sound like me (don't need all that bass) when I first started looking to upgrade and now I have two 15" subwoofers, lol. I think you'll be surprised at how much a good sub will elevate your entire system. As far as speakers go, I'm a huge fan of SVS' Ultra line of speakers. It's hard to beat their performance/cost ratio. Plus I love how they look in piano gloss.

If I were you I'd upgrade that sub first. If you decide to upgrade your speakers, take a look at SVS' Ultras.

Patrick Kennedy

Patrick Kennedy

Audioholic
Yes, upgrade that sub! You sound like me (don't need all that bass) when I first started looking to upgrade and now I have two 15" subwoofers, lol. I think you'll be surprised at how much a good sub will elevate your entire system. As far as speakers go, I'm a huge fan of SVS' Ultra line of speakers. It's hard to beat their performance/cost ratio. Plus I love how they look in piano gloss.

If I were you I'd upgrade that sub first. If you decide to upgrade your speakers, take a look at SVS' Ultras.
What brand do you have for subs?

Patrick Kennedy

Patrick Kennedy

Audioholic
Everyone has their own preferences. I am 6 mos in to the ownership of my subs. I love them. I listen mostly to music, but also some HT. My room is about 2000'3, and I have 2 subs that could each handle a 5000'3 room. Maybe its a sickness. ;)
You are mostly HT... keep in mind the LFE channel goes down into infrasonic territory. That sub is rated at 28Hz. Of course it will have some output below that...
But if anything can offer immediate improvement to your experience, it will be the sub.
Any idea if my AVR is able to connect two Subs. I think there is two connection for it, but just want to make sure.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I don’t remember what AVR you have. Looking at the back of the AVR, your user manual, or a quick google search will answer that too.
:)

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord

My room is a little smaller than yours and I have two 15" ported subs in it. Now that I've heard the difference I would not even consider going back to anything smaller. It is, imo, absolutely worth saving/spending the extra for a pair of 15's.

*Edit: Oops, my room is much larger than yours. You might be okay with a pair of 12's.

Patrick Kennedy

Patrick Kennedy

Audioholic
I don’t remember what AVR you have. Looking at the back of the AVR, your user manual, or a quick google search will answer that too.
:)
IF i got this correctly i can plug one sub in front 1 and the other in front 2?

gif.jpg

Patrick Kennedy

Patrick Kennedy

Audioholic
My room is a little smaller than yours and I have two 15" ported subs in it. Now that I've heard the difference I would not even consider going back to anything smaller. It is, imo, absolutely worth saving/spending the extra for a pair of 15's.

*Edit: Oops, my room is much larger than yours. You might be okay with a pair of 12's.
can you send me a picture of you theater room with both your subs?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis