What to do next ....

Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai
I don't have a theater room, just my living room. I'm more a music guy than theater, but I like my movies and TV too.

View attachment 30189View attachment 30190

All in all with openings into the kitchen/dining room behind me, a room and a hallway I'm pressurizing over 5000^3 of area. The 15's do a very nice job, but if I fall into a pit of money I wouldn't mind having even 2 more (I'd put them in the kitchen behind me)!
As good as this system looks, it sounds even better. I have heard it in person and it rocks.
Nearfield systems are usually done as a compromise to the room or furniture layout. I don't know if many people choose a nearfield setup if they can do as @Pogre has done and use a traditional golden triangle approach.

My music room is small. As in 10x10x10 small. My only choice for great sound is a nearfield setup. When I'm in my listening chair and I recline it back, my feet are almost between the two front speakers. My sub is sitting behind my listening chair and actually touches the chair sometimes. You absolutely can't tell where the sub is from a listening point of view. It integrates perfectly. Nearfield (at least in my case) is also a game of inches. The sweet spot is truly a wonderful sweet spot but it is tuned for just one person.

I love my little room. If I had a bigger room, I would probably choose a more traditional approach and layout.
Love the one you're with.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
As good as this system looks, it sounds even better. I have heard it in person and it rocks.
Nearfield systems are usually done as a compromise to the room or furniture layout. I don't know if many people choose a nearfield setup if they can do as @Pogre has done and use a traditional golden triangle approach.

My music room is small. As in 10x10x10 small. My only choice for great sound is a nearfield setup. When I'm in my listening chair and I recline it back, my feet are almost between the two front speakers. My sub is sitting behind my listening chair and actually touches the chair sometimes. You absolutely can't tell where the sub is from a listening point of view. It integrates perfectly. Nearfield (at least in my case) is also a game of inches. The sweet spot is truly a wonderful sweet spot but it is tuned for just one person.

I love my little room. If I had a bigger room, I would probably choose a more traditional approach and layout.
Love the one you're with.
Your room is smaller than mine, but I'm lucky enough that corner loading my little sub worked out quite well (didn't have a choice).

Patrick Kennedy

Patrick Kennedy

Audioholic
Looks like your AVR supports 2 subs without needing a Y splitter. It should explain in your manual but from the picture, looks like sub front and sub back outs. You probably want to use the setting where you make both mono.
I when trough the manual of my AVR. But it doesnt mention anything if this is 2 independent subs output OR just a Y splitter incorporated inside the AVR. I was warching one of the videos of audioholics with Gene, and he mentionned that sometime AVR have 2 subs output, but in reality there are only a Y splitter and are note independant.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
I when trough the manual of my AVR. But it doesnt mention anything if this is 2 independent subs output OR just a Y splitter incorporated inside the AVR. I was warching one of the videos of audioholics with Gene, and he mentionned that sometime AVR have 2 subs output, but in reality there are only a Y splitter and are note independant.
I can check on Wed or Thurs on my AVR but my week is super busy. I might have time to double check the online manual before that though.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
I can check on Wed or Thurs on my AVR but my week is super busy. I might have time to double check the online manual before that though.
Ok so if you are able to set distance of the subs independently then it definitely isn’t a Y splitter.

Navigate thru menu:

On screen button/setup/speaker/manual setup/configuration/

Subwoofer1/Use. (Phase normal)
Subwoofer2/Use. (Phase normal)

Layout/Subwoofer/Monaural x2

manual setup/Distance. (Feet or Meter)

I’m able to set different distances

:)

Patrick Kennedy

Patrick Kennedy

Audioholic
Ok so if you are able to set distance of the subs independently then it definitely isn’t a Y splitter.

Navigate thru menu:

On screen button/setup/speaker/manual setup/configuration/

Subwoofer1/Use. (Phase normal)
Subwoofer2/Use. (Phase normal)

Layout/Subwoofer/Monaural x2

manual setup/Distance. (Feet or Meter)

I’m able to set different distances

:)
Cool, your awsome. Thank you. BTW if i need i will probably put 1 sub in the front right corner and the other subs in the back left corner diagonaly from the other one, behind my couch.

Question is i will need a long wired to plug my second sub because i will conceal the wire in the ceiling. Is 25 feet of wire too long to connect a sub to AVR?

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Cool, your awsome. Thank you. BTW if i need i will probably put 1 sub in the front right corner and the other subs in the back left corner diagonaly from the other one, behind my couch.

Question is i will need a long wired to plug my second sub because i will conceal the wire in the ceiling. Is 25 feet of wire too long to connect a sub to AVR?
25ft of wire is fine

They also have wireless sub kits too.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord

No. 25’ is fine. I have a 50’ run going to my third subwoofer in the rear corner. It’s not 50’ from my LP, but the cable runs along 3-1/2 different walls. I had at one time been using a 50’ section of rg-6 with rca ends for that sub. It was only 15 bucks.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I think you're in for a pleasant surprise. Keep us posted! We love reading first impressions.

G

Grant.M

Audioholic
2x 12 inch monolith utlra THX.

I wasnt going at all to buy a subs and 2 was out of the question... but i guess only crazy people never change there mind
Sweet choice, I haven’t had the chance to hear them but they look beastly!

Patrick Kennedy

Patrick Kennedy

Audioholic
Back from my 7 day hiking, on my way home... my subs are waiting to be unboxed

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Priorities, Man... Subwoofers or long walks?!?!

I say Subwoofers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(was that enough exclamation marks")
Agreed. I like long walks on the beach with mine. So romantic...oh wait wrong forum! Actually 2 of my subs are cylinders so I could log roll em!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis