What to do next ....

Patrick Kennedy

Patrick Kennedy

Audioholic
I am usually the trouble maker here, so I will just say it. :D

It seems like you are saying the subs are the SALIENT components in your whole system.

More important than your front Left, front Right, and Center speakers?

They say 50% of the soundtrack is in the Center speaker. I bet the other 40% is in the front Right and Left.

You already have a sub. It might not produce as much earthquake bass and quality as a $1500 sub. But it does shake your walls? You don’t have any ceiling speakers for Atmos.

But some people can’t do ceiling speakers. So it’s understandable not to do ceiling speakers.

But if I were “upgrading”, I would focus on my front speakers first. Then the subs. Because as much as I love subs, they are NOT the salient components.
Do you have good recommandation for the center chanel speaker? I already know what i would buy for the left and right.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
But if I were “upgrading”, I would focus on my front speakers first. Then the subs. Because as much as I love subs, they are NOT the salient components.
@Patrick Kennedy
If you go back to one of my first posts to you here, I recommended subs because you expressed, at some point, general contentment with your overall system.
If you are happy, in general, with the overall SQ you experience, I would stand by that recommendation.
If you are not, and you would prefer a better overall experience in terms of SQ, then your Front 3 should be the focus. I agree with @AcuDefTechGuy and his recommendation, too.
I recommended the subs based on your reply when I asked about HT vs Music, and how much critical listening you do. I think you can find some great speakers for your Front 3, without dropping the whole budget. But if you choose to go speakers first, I strongly advise taking more than just a half-step forward. We can drop recommendations all day, but only you can decide what is right for you.
Sub(s) will improve your HT experience pretty significantly, especially if you have taken care in setting up your Front 3 and are getting from them the best performance you can.
Then there is the flip side. ;)
For now, I will just say I agree with Shady's earlier assessment that you can find better speakers. My preference in 90% of cases would be to look for 3-way Mains and Centers.
I'll leave it there for now.
Cheers!

Patrick Kennedy

Patrick Kennedy

Audioholic
What are you interested in? Staying with Klipsch?
I love klipsch but i am willing to explore other possibility. I was very interested by the RP-8000 from klipsch. It has some good review, but am open to suggestion. For the center chanel i have no idea.

Go a head an show me what you think could be a good investment without breaking the bank

Patrick Kennedy

Patrick Kennedy

Audioholic
@Patrick Kennedy
If you go back to one of my first posts to you here, I recommended subs because you expressed, at some point, general contentment with your overall system.
If you are happy, in general, with the overall SQ you experience, I would stand by that recommendation.
If you are not, and you would prefer a better overall experience in terms of SQ, then your Front 3 should be the focus. I agree with @AcuDefTechGuy and his recommendation, too.
I recommended the subs based on your reply when I asked about HT vs Music, and how much critical listening you do. I think you can find some great speakers for your Front 3, without dropping the whole budget. But if you choose to go speakers first, I strongly advise taking more than just a half-step forward. We can drop recommendations all day, but only you can decide what is right for you.
Sub(s) will improve your HT experience pretty significantly, especially if you have taken care in setting up your Front 3 and are getting from them the best performance you can.
Then there is the flip side. ;)
For now, I will just say I agree with Shady's earlier assessment that you can find better speakers. My preference in 90% of cases would be to look for 3-way Mains and Centers.
I'll leave it there for now.
Cheers!
One way or the other i will upgrade both of them. I am taking my time to collect information before making my final decision.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
One way or the other i will upgrade both of them. I am taking my time to collect information before making my final decision.
FWIW, I spent about 6 months researching before I auditioned any speakers. I had my Marantz connected to some old school Rat Shack Optimus Pro LX5s for a while, as well as my old Onkyo HTIB speakers, too.

Look at Monitor Audio (imported for all of Noth Ameroca through Canada)... these were my favorites until I auditioned the speakers you see in my signature. Also, PSB and Paradigm, both Canadian, seem well liked and gey some good press. There is so much more out there, too. If you have easy access to SVS, look at there gear, too. :)

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
WOW... i am getting overwhelm by all the information i am getting.

Yeah, take your time. You don’t want to have to upgrade multiple times like some of us. :D

Make the upgrade really count.

Keep researching.

Why did many of us change speakers and subwoofers and the whole systems multiple times?

Should you stay with Klipsch or change? Why?

I don't know if this bothers you, but there's plenty of brand bashing of Klipsch, Polk, DefTech, GoldenEar, B&W, Wilson, Zu, Tekton, etc.

They may still sound great to many people, but just letting you know the bashing and dissing is out there. :D

Are you willing to do trial-and-error?

I guess what I’m saying is that for now, the questions should be less “what” and more “why”.

Last edited:
D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I love klipsch but i am willing to explore other possibility. I was very interested by the RP-8000 from klipsch. It has some good review, but am open to suggestion. For the center chanel i have no idea.

Go a head an show me what you think could be a good investment without breaking the bank
I owned the Klipsch RP8000f's and loved them. In a room that size they would do very well. You'd need to pick a center that would go with it should be from that rp line you do want as perfect of a timber match as you can across the front 3

But as @ryanosaur mentioned there are other options out there take your time and explore.

As many have posted try to make an upgrade that isnt going to want you upgrading again in the future too soon

Although that's hard for all of us that have the itch!!!!!! Lol I love collecting speakers :D

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Yeah, take your time. You don’t want to have to upgrade multiple times like some of us. :D

Make the upgrade really count.

Keep researching.

Why did many of us change speakers and subwoofers and the whole systems multiple times?

Should you stay with Klipsch or change? Why?

I don't know if this bothers you, but there's plenty of brand bashing of Klipsch, Polk, DefTech, GoldenEar, B&W, Wilson, Zu, Tekton, etc.

They may still sound great to many people, but just letting you know the bashing and dissing is out there. :D

Are you willing to do trial-and-error?

I guess what I’m saying is that for now, the questions should be less “what” and more “why”.
Ok so why did you upgrade so many times?

And how long have you had the RBH setup?

:)

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Ok so why did you upgrade so many times?

And how long have you had the RBH setup?

:)
Well, you're going to have to buy my book to find out. :p:D

I believe I've had my RBH SX-T2/R MODULAR towers for probably close to 5 years now. My SVT MODULAR towers are about 2 years old.

I bought many speakers and subs because I was just listening to people telling me WHAT I should buy and that this one speaker is better than the other.

But it has to come down to the individual digging deep, being 100% honest with himself and finding out what kind of speaker they truly want.

If they can't answer that question YET, then I don't think they're ready to upgrade and spend thousands of dollars.

As for me, you're not going to find me buying many bookshelf speakers or single-box towers.

Why? Well, because I.....FOUND MY THRILL..... :p:cool::D

Patrick Kennedy

Patrick Kennedy

Audioholic
I owned the Klipsch RP8000f's and loved them. In a room that size they would do very well. You'd need to pick a center that would go with it should be from that rp line you do want as perfect of a timber match as you can across the front 3

But as @ryanosaur mentioned there are other options out there take your time and explore.

As many have posted try to make an upgrade that isnt going to want you upgrading again in the future too soon

Although that's hard for all of us that have the itch!!!!!! Lol I love collecting speakers :D
Any suggestion for the RP serie for the center chanel? Or have you read any good review on some center chanel.

I was thinking a paradigm also.

Patrick Kennedy

Patrick Kennedy

Audioholic
Well, you're going to have to buy my book to find out. :p:D

I believe I've had my RBH SX-T2/R MODULAR towers for probably close to 5 years now. My SVT MODULAR towers are about 2 years old.

I bought many speakers and subs because I was just listening to people telling me WHAT I should buy and that this one speaker is better than the other.

But it has to come down to the individual digging deep, being 100% honest with himself and finding out what kind of speaker they truly want.

If they can't answer that question YET, then I don't think they're ready to upgrade and spend thousands of dollars.

As for me, you're not going to find me buying many bookshelf speakers or single-box towers.

Why? Well, because I.....FOUND MY THRILL..... :p:cool::D
What book?

I wish i could try in my home many different speaker and subs, and compare them. Its very hard to make a choice on something you cannot listen before buying

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
What book?

I wish i could try in my home many different speaker and subs, and compare them. Its very hard to make a choice on something you cannot listen before buying
I was joking about a "book". :D

It's not the same, but the next best thing is to locate dealers in your areas that have some speakers. The more speakers and subs you can hear, the better.

After you've heard about 10 different speakers and subs, you will know what I mean. Maybe. :D

Any Best Buy Magnolia stores near you?

Patrick Kennedy

Patrick Kennedy

Audioholic
Alright i just contacted HSU for information about there subs and shipping in Canada. This is what i got for anwser.

So do i go with two VTF-2 Mk5 or a single VTF-15H Mk2?

Thank you for your interest in our VTF-15H Mk2 satin black and VTF-2
Mk5 vBlack subwoofers from Hsu Research. Here is the quote FedEx
has given us to ship to your location:

Product Name Qty
------------------------------------------------------
VTF-15H Mk2 Satin Black 1 899.00
Sales discount -50.00

Subtotal 849.00
Shipping 378.22
Taxes & Duties 132.41
Total 1359.63 USD

Product Name Qty
VTF-2 Mk5 vBlack 1 539.00

Subtotal 539.00
Shipping 207.76
Taxes & Duties 88.08
Total 834.84 USD

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Alright i just contacted HSU for information about there subs and shipping in Canada. This is what i got for anwser.

So do i go with two VTF-2 Mk5 or a single VTF-15H Mk2?

Thank you for your interest in our VTF-15H Mk2 satin black and VTF-2
Mk5 vBlack subwoofers from Hsu Research. Here is the quote FedEx
has given us to ship to your location:

Product Name Qty
VTF-15H Mk2 Satin Black 1 899.00
Sales discount -50.00

Subtotal 849.00
Shipping 378.22
Taxes & Duties 132.41
Total 1359.63 USD

Product Name Qty
VTF-2 Mk5 vBlack 1 539.00

Subtotal 539.00
Shipping 207.76
Taxes & Duties 88.08
Total 834.84 USD
Man shipping taxes and duties are hitting you hard what are some other options available that you have that we could look at there products and see if they are up to the level of the HSU

Patrick Kennedy

Patrick Kennedy

Audioholic
Man shipping taxes and duties are hitting you hard what are some other options available that you have that we could look at there products and see if they are up to the level of the HSU
Monolith 15 thx ultra

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
What is the cost comparison if you ordered Monos... 12" or 15" vs the Hsus you spec'd above?

Patrick Kennedy

Patrick Kennedy

Audioholic
What is the cost comparison if you ordered Monos... 12" or 15" vs the Hsus you spec'd above?
Monoprice Monolith 15" THX Ultra Certified 1000 Watt Powered Subwoofer
CDN$ 2,017.61 & FREE SHIPPING

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis