What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I bought the following BluRays to replace my DVD copies. I take the DVDs to the trailer in the spring/summer/fall season and watch them when its raining or the GD black flies and m
Amazon.com: X-Men 3-Film Collection 4K UHD / Blu-ray | X-Men / X-Men 2 /  Last Stand | NON-USA Format | Region B Import - Australia : Michael  Fassbender, Hugh Jackman, Patrick Stewart,
osquitoes are too thick for camp fires.

X-Men Origins: Wolverine Blu-ray (United Kingdom)

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
Just bought the rest of my parts for my brake upgrade on Black Friday sales: Stainless lines, 2 pieces rotors front and back, street pads, race pads, and various other goodies. Shipping and taxes pretty much ate up the cost savings form the sale. :confused: Merry Christmas and Happy birthday to me! :D

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Let the Apple Hate begin :D:eek::pI

I had a very high end gaming PC that was not being used for much more than work browsing and streaming. I decided to sell my system, and wanted to try out the new MacBook Pro 10 core CPU/32core GPU/32gb/1TB.

I wanted to do do some video editing of my drone footage, etc. It is an expensive curiosity, which I could have used my PC for, but I like learning something new.

My gaming rig had a 3090 RTX Evga card, so for what I sold it for, I was able to get the MAC and still have a few bucks to build a micro ATX machine with mid level vid card which I am currenlty spec'ing out and will have to stand in line at Microcenter early AM again.

MacbookPro.png

Last edited:
KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Replaced the new S.M.S.L. SU-9 DAC that had a non-functioning remote with a $75-cheaper Gustard X16 DAC that better matches the silver of the Luxman L-505uX Mark 2 integrated amp.

The Schiit Mani phono amp on top of it is infrequently used, only for the few monaural records I have. The internal phono amp in the Luxman is far better for the other turntable.

This Gustard X16 sure seems smoother in the high frequencies than the somewhat shouty S.M.S.L. one.

Attachments

Last edited:
j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Ordered a pair of piano black Prime Elevations for Atmos. Wanted to get a pair on the Cyber Monday deals, but there was only ONE, so had to order the second one at full price.

Last edited:
3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I took advantage of Black Friday sales on Amazon.

These are new to my collection
IMG_6036.jpg

These are replacing existing DVDs

IMG_6035.jpg

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
1638223131903.png

TaylorMade M2 3 fairway wood to go with my M1 driver. Now I'm gonna have to find a matching 5 wood.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord

King Sully is over it. But I’m super pumped! Cutting the invisible satellite cord. Pretty much had dish for the last 20ish years. Looking forward to lots of Atmos content, and spacial music(dumb name) plus all my local stuff for at least half price.
Watching war for the planet of the apes from my library in Atmos. So far, excellent.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja

King Sully is over it. But I’m super pumped! Cutting the invisible satellite cord. Pretty much had dish for the last 20ish years. Looking forward to lots of Atmos content, and spacial music(dumb name) plus all my local stuff for at least half price.
Watching war for the planet of the apes from my library in Atmos. So far, excellent.
Nice!

Also they do have a newer Apple remote that you can purchase that works easier. I think it was $50 in the Apple store. It’s compatible with both versions.

marticus

marticus

Audioholic
The courier just delivered my Xmas present early, a 3d printer (ender 3 Pro).

I know its not Av related but some of the things I use it for might be!

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Nice!

Also they do have a newer Apple remote that you can purchase that works easier. I think it was $50 in the Apple store. It’s compatible with both versions.
I remember reading about that before I bought this last night. In my haste, I bought a first gen not realizing it. Apparently despite the A12 chip, the biggest reason to get the 2nd gen looks like the remote! Lol
So far I don’t mind this one, but the jog wheel design and added buttons might be in my future.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I remember reading about that before I bought this last night. In my haste, I bought a first gen not realizing it. Apparently despite the A12 chip, the biggest reason to get the 2nd gen looks like the remote! Lol
So far I don’t mind this one, but the jog wheel design and added buttons might be in my future.
I sort of have this issue with my old FireTV. Remote is damaged and there is no replacement since it is a 1st gen. So I bought a new Stick for $20 just for the new remote which has more functionality and it isn't compatible lol.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I sort of have this issue with my old FireTV. Remote is damaged and there is no replacement since it is a 1st gen. So I bought a new Stick for $20 just for the new remote which has more functionality and it isn't compatible lol.
Lol. I guess that worked out huh?

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Ya the original remote takes a bit to get used to. My GF flat out refused to learn it but she has no issues with the newer remote. The newer remote keeps the touch pad movement in the center of the circle so you still get that ability. The remote is backwards compatible. I have the older AppleTV 4K.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
You can't just get one of the many Bluetooth remotes off amazon? I know I was able to pair my old Nexus Player remote with just about anything, and it was just a simple remote.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Ya the original remote takes a bit to get used to. My GF flat out refused to learn it but she has no issues with the newer remote. The newer remote keeps the touch pad movement in the center of the circle so you still get that ability. The remote is backwards compatible. I have the older AppleTV 4K.
I can see why she wouldn’t like it. The new one I think would seem like it has bumpers around the track pad giving you some kind of reference point. I don’t look at most of my remotes. I just feel where the buttons I need are so I definitely think the new remote will be in my stocking this year! Still, this old one seems pretty well designed.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis