What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I also like that I didn’t have to program I’m the remote to run volume on my Marantz.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
You can't just get one of the many Bluetooth remotes off amazon? I know I was able to pair my old Nexus Player remote with just about anything, and it was just a simple remote.
It says there are apps that can control it as well, I might just do that. The only issue is the navigation wheel gets stuck and sometimes doesn't work. Since I bought the PS5, I moved the PS4 to the second system and use that as my media hub now, but the PS4 controller isn't as simple to use as a small remote.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
Was due for a new phone but I have a significant investment in two pairs of Bose earbuds and don't want to go wireless, so options with a headphone jack are limited. Decided to go with the Pixel 5a which has 128GB of memory and is 5G ready. Transferring data from the old Galaxy S7 was fairly straight forward with the included cord and adapter. Just had to fill in some passwords where needed and add a couple apps that couldn't port over. It's taller than the S7 and sticks out of my pockets, but I'll get used to that.

I did manage to save $150 on the purchase. I found an importer called GadgetWard that imports electronics direct to you and pays all of the duty. The phone shipped from HongKong via DHL and arrived within 5 days of my order, so great service. They paid the duty before it arrived. The phone is the international version and came with a North American power cube and a European adapter, brand new in the box. (Note that some phones may not be compatible with certain American carriers.) They get good reviews on Trustpilot and I would deal with them again.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Was due for a new phone but I have a significant investment in two pairs of Bose earbuds and don't want to go wireless, so options with a headphone jack are limited. Decided to go with the Pixel 5a which has 128GB of memory and is 5G ready. Transferring data from the old Galaxy S7 was fairly straight forward with the included cord and adapter. Just had to fill in some passwords where needed and add a couple apps that couldn't port over. It's taller than the S7 and sticks out of my pockets, but I'll get used to that.

I did manage to save $150 on the purchase. I found an importer called GadgetWard that imports electronics direct to you and pays all of the duty. The phone shipped from HongKong via DHL and arrived within 5 days of my order, so great service. They paid the duty before it arrived. The phone is the international version and came with a North American power cube and a European adapter, brand new in the box. (Note that some phones may not be compatible with certain American carriers.) They get good reviews on Trustpilot and I would deal with them again.
I've been using pixel phones for a bit, and I've got a 5a like yours and love it. Simple phone that does what it's supposed to and is FAST if you have 5g available in your area. Battery is great too. All the pixel niceness is there too, which is great.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi

I am due for an upgrade too. I am waiting on the S22 Ultra. Currently have S20+ and the S21 wasn't a compelling upgrade.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
5G is available in major centers and should be coming to my home town soon. Love the improved battery. I can go 3 days on a charge instead of 1. I also went for the Pixel because of the high rating the camera receives.

I probably would have stayed with Samsung if their top phones had headphone jacks, but it's only available on one of the lower end models. I tend not to go with the very top of the line as those phones are well over $1000 through our carrier (and they lock you in for 2 years), although the Pixel 6 is only C$800 direct from Google. At C$650 the Pixel 5a was good value and I'm no longer locked in.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
5G is available in major centers and should be coming to my home town soon. Love the improved battery. I can go 3 days on a charge instead of 1. I also went for the Pixel because of the high rating the camera receives.

I probably would have stayed with Samsung if their top phones had headphone jacks, but it's only available on one of the lower end models. I tend not to go with the very top of the line as those phones are well over $1000 through our carrier (and they lock you in for 2 years), although the Pixel 6 is only C$800 direct from Google. At C$650 the Pixel 5a was good value and I'm no longer locked in.
Yep. All good things. I personally think getting a flagship phone, but not really using the features is just a massive waste of money. $1k for a phone every two years or so is crazy. You'd have a nice speaker budget in a few years if we just got something cheaper.

I'm lucky enough to get phones for free from work, but they're usually not flagship models.

S

Slipkids88

Junior Audioholic
Panasonic blu ray player ub9000, a few access points and some atmos and surrounds by Revel.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I went for my flu shot today at Shoppers Drug Mart . And to lessen the traumatizing effect of being injected with a foreign substance, I bought this at Shoppers.

IMG_6063.jpg

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
A slightly used Taylormade M2 3 wood to go with my M1 driver. If I like it I may have I might have to add a M2 5 wood.

Attachments

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis