What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

G

Golfx

Full Audioholic
If you have always been willing to work hard and practice, golf will slowly slowly reward you with complicated satisfaction that it takes away often only to return it just before you quit. I’ve been playing for over 20 years and have a 2 handicap. I live in fear it will vanish before die.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
You are playing to a 2? Congrats man that is impressive. I think back in the day I might have been a 13 or 14. Nice.:)

G

Golfx

Full Audioholic
Oh well thank you. Like I said, I fear my low handicap will evaporate and I will become suicidal. Addictive hobby—kind of like this one.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Oh well thank you. Like I said, I fear my low handicap will evaporate and I will become suicidal. Addictive hobby—kind of like this one.

I know. Two of my favorite addictions and I can add tropical fishkeeping to the mix.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
You guys who enjoy golf, great, just so damn boring, especially at that kind of cost to be bored (and frustrated :) ).

Just got a used DVD-A of Billy Cobham's Spectrum, which I've wanted for a while. Not as good as I imagined but still quite nice.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Autumn of Communion's complete digital discography.

Mick and Lee are celebrating 10 years of making music together in this particular collaboration (AOC) and are offering 50% off using the code AOC10 at checkout. (Offer expires today.)
I first stumbled on them a few years ago exploring some music by Pete Namlook, recommended by @shadyJ in the Subwoofer Candy thread.
AOC is pretty firmly in the Ambient/Berlin category as their musical center, but move around through aspects of IDM and some flirtations with a little Acid, too.

Good stuff if anybody is interested!

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Picked up a new-in-unopened-box pair of KEF Ventura 6 outdoor speakers for $300. That's (almost) 1/2 price. They'll be a retirement gift for my boss, who is calling it quits in early February '22. Obviously, I wouldn't if I thought he was a jerk. My 3 coworkers (under the same boss) are being made aware, but I'm not asking for them to contribute. That's up to them to offer.

These will replace a pair of 15 to 20 year old Yamaha outdoor speakers that he mentioned over a year ago as he saw and heard the KEF Q150's I use on my workbench in the machine shop he (distantly) supervises. Apparently toe old ones are OK, but he was wondering what new, better speakers would cost. When I mention options from Monoprice and Accesories4Less, he remarked that he wasn't sure his wife would agree to buy new even at $79 a pop because the old ones work. I think they're in for a pleasant surprise.

Attachments

Last edited:
3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I won a Yamaha KX-1200 off of Ebay yesterday. The seller reported that it just stopped recording recently. Once I get it, I will drop it off at the technicians shop which I used before and does great work. If he fixes it and replaces all the belts, it will have easily doubled its price that I have payed for it. If it cant be fixed, I have a parts deck for my working KX-1200.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I picked up the following CDs from Value Village. The CD in the middle, a band called Filter I bought off of Amazon

IMG_6088.jpg

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I picked up the following CDs from Value Village. The CD in the middle, a band called Filter I bought off of Amazon

View attachment 52280
Filter album is good. I had that exact copy when it came out a LONG time ago.

They have some random, but good, songs on a few movie soundtracks as well. The Crow City of Angles is one that comes to mind.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
You guys who enjoy golf, great, just so damn boring, especially at that kind of cost to be bored (and frustrated :) ).

Just got a used DVD-A of Billy Cobham's Spectrum, which I've wanted for a while. Not as good as I imagined but still quite nice.
But it is a GOOD boring. :)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis