What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

isolar8001

isolar8001

Audioholic General
My wife broke her 65W USB C notebook charger so she borrowed my spare one while her replacement arrived.
Her Replacement arrived

My son broke his 65W USB C notebook charger so she gave the one she was borrowing from me to my son.

Today I bought 2 65W USB C notebook chargers.
Look into getting one/some of these....best thing I've ever found for the money, and there is a "C" port too.
And the surge protection is actually very good !! Gene recommended product!!

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Deadwing Deluxe Edition showed up today. It is an LP size 100 pg picture book with 4 discs. Have to find some time to listen to it.

Ran out of my Jay Leno's Radiant protectant, which helps keep the ceramic coating looking good. Picked this up from the same company that makes the Ceramic I used.

Last edited:
John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
These are arriving today - got a good price from our Amazonian overlords. My AKG N400’s left earbud won’t charge, and therefore won’t connect/play. A shame, really as they sound utterly fantastic. I was going to see if I could purchase another pair ($50 from the AKG site was a screaming deal) but they have been discontinued. In-the-know sellers are charging a premium so I’m going a new direction. I’ve read some good reviews on the Technics and thought I would give them a try at 1/2 off…
View attachment 61545
Just an update/wee review/comparison. The Technics AZ70Ws sound really good and have a slick, functional app, would recommend at the (discounted) price BUT the AKG N400s sound much better to me and, oddly enough, the noise cancelling works better in my experience. The Technics sound like their nameplate; clear, detailed, maybe a tad clinical and/or sterile. If you like that, they should be a great fit. The AKGs, on the other hand, have a warmer, more organic sound that appeals more to me. It is not as if I dislike the Technics, quite the contrary; I just enjoyed the AKGs more. Man, I wished they worked! Anyway, will be on the lookout for a discounted pair (they are being offered from a Korean Ebay storefront for around $80 [and in various colors!] so that is tempting).

crazyfingers

crazyfingers

Full Audioholic
Purchased and downloaded the ALAC from May 23 at Phoenix.

2023 05 23 Phoenix AZ.jpg

25 more shows left to the summer tour and I'll be getting all of them.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Upgraded to Amplifi Alien mesh setup. Son in law upgraded his network for work so I got his hand me down lol. My old Asus router was having issues since I upgraded my modem. Now it is super stable.

bigbassdave

bigbassdave

Full Audioholic
In the last 6 months:
Upgraded from:
Denon 4300
Vizio 75”

Upgraded to:
Epson LS11000
125” screen
Separates

Figured it would be easier to show in a video

Last edited:
crazyfingers

crazyfingers

Full Audioholic
Panasonic Streaming Blu-ray Player UB820K, 4K Ultra HD, Dolby Vision 7.1

My previous player freaked out on me last night and wouldn't do anything. A basic 4K Panasonic 150.

I got this hoping for improved video quality across my oldest DVDs and newest HD Blue rays. It also has more outputs connections than the older one.

It will plug into the LG C2 OLED 65" and the audio is 2 channel with PSB powered speakers and an REL sub.

I don't need the streaming capability. The TV or the NAD preamp that goes to my 2 channel stereo can do that.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I snagged 27 of these bad boys for $150 . That equates to $5.33 per cassette which is absolute bargain.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Bought 4 of these. My brand new tire that I got went flat within a few days, so I think the rim has an issue (Rays 57DR). I have the stock set and my friend was selling a basically unused set of Nitto Invos cheap so I bought them and will swap them out so I can have that one rim checked.

Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Audioholic Chief
A pair of SVS SB-1000 PROs for my 2 channel system. $450 each with an open box deal. Look like new, have the full 5 year warranty and bring my system down to 20 Hz and lower with room gain.

crazyfingers

crazyfingers

Full Audioholic
I snagged 27 of these bad boys for $150 . That equates to $5.33 per cassette which is absolute bargain.

Those were the good ones when I used them but what do you use cassettes for these days?

I think I still have some unused XL II S's around.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Those were the good ones when I used them but what do you use cassettes for these days?

I think I still have some unused XL II S's around.
I record to tape what I can't find digitally so I can play them in any of my other two systems that don't have a turntable.

-Jim-

-Jim-

Audioholic General
I was looking around for a new Blu-Ray Concert Disk as I'm a bit of a junkie for them and I stumbled across these on Amazon for less than $40 (Canadian $) for the pair with free shipping.

Freddie Mercury Tribute Concert (Blu-ray)

The Allan Parsons Symphonic Project: Live in Colombia [Blu-ray]

I have the Freddie Mercury on DVD but wanted to see how the DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 soundtrack up-mixed on my Dolby Atmos system in the Games Room. Too bad delivery isn't until July 2nd on this one. I've been looking for an Alan Parsons concert disk and this one was a steal, and it'll be here by Sunday.

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis