What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
More new movies and upgrades to my collection!
Searching For Bobby Fischer (1993) DVD
The Out-of-Towners (1970), DVD, replaces VHS tape
Rebel Without a Cause (1955) 4k UHD, replaces DVD
The Day of the Jackal (1973) replaces DVD
The Lady Vanishes (1938) Criterion Collection, replaces DVD, my goal is to upgrade my Alfred Hitchcock collection if possible.
The Getaway (1972) replaces DVD.
The Thomas Crown Affair (1999) replaces DVD, already have the original 1968 McQueen version on blu-ray.
Key Largo (1948) replaces DVD
IMG_4745.JPG

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Ready..........Set............Wait! about 5 months. Which is fine.

2024 BMW M440i xDrive Artic Race Blue Metallic Nicely optioned
  • After an 18' X3 21' M40i and X5 M40i X Drive, tired of SUVs and I wanted a Coupe
  • Took 3 months to negotiate a deal, if you can call it that
  • Was going to get the S5 Audi, but this just drives better IMO

M440iXdrive.jpg

The Artic blue color looks really nice, better than this image.
  • Went with the 2024 because it has the newest Idrive version (same as I450 and 24 M340i)
  • laser front headlights. The only option I didn't go with is the 5G, because I never used it on the other two SUVs, and the cooling high performance tire package, because I use all season tires.
(better picture of the color - it's last year's model (old cockpit and I went with block w/blue contrast leather)
Tour the 2023 M440i in Arctic Race Blue | 4K - YouTube

Last edited:
NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
Ready..........Set............Wait! about 5 months. Which is fine.

2024 BMW M440i xDrive Artic Race Blue Metallic Nicely optioned
  • After an 18' X3 21' M40i and X5 M40i X Drive, tired of SUVs and I wanted a Coupe
  • Took 3 months to negotiate a deal, if you can call it that
  • Was going to get the S5 Audi, but this just drives better IMO

View attachment 61914

The Artic blue color looks really nice, better than this image.
  • Went with the 2024 because it has the newest Idrive version (same as I450 and 24 M340i)
  • laser front headlights. The only option I didn't go with is the 5G, because I never used it on the other two SUVs, and the cooling high performance tire package, because I use all season tires.
(better picture of the color - it's last year's model (old cockpit and I went with block w/blue contrast leather)
Tour the 2023 M440i in Arctic Race Blue | 4K - YouTube
Welcome to the coupe life! You'll be my engine twin. Had you gone with Portimao Blue you'd also be my color twin. lol

The 4 series is one of the better looking BMW coupes out there right now. I test drove an M4 competition and it was a hell of a ride. Just more than I can spend honestly. The 2 series coupe just looks too much like a sedan with 2 doors instead of an actual coupe to me. And the new M2 is just downright hideous. One reviewer called it a waterlogged Scion TC and I don't think he's too far off the truth there. :D I think the 8 series is absolutely gorgeous, but way out of my price range.

crazyfingers

crazyfingers

Full Audioholic
My wife broke her 65W USB C notebook charger so she borrowed my spare one while her replacement arrived.
Her Replacement arrived

My son broke his 65W USB C notebook charger so she gave the one she was borrowing from me to my son.

Today I bought 2 65W USB C notebook chargers.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Welcome to the coupe life! You'll be my engine twin. Had you gone with Portimao Blue you'd also be my color twin. lol

The 4 series is one of the better looking BMW coupes out there right now. I test drove an M4 competition and it was a hell of a ride. Just more than I can spend honestly. The 2 series coupe just looks too much like a sedan with 2 doors instead of an actual coupe to me. And the new M2 is just downright hideous. One reviewer called it a waterlogged Scion TC and I don't think he's too far off the truth there. :D I think the 8 series is absolutely gorgeous, but way out of my price range.
My friends wife has the M2 on Order, she loves it, I need x-drive because I live in the Midwest. BMW did the driving expereince mini by me at a local private racetrack I was able take the M8 Competition out on the Track with a instructor who I had to follow in another car. First part of the day was race class. M8 is an awesome car. This is my 5th BMW. 323 / 330XI / X3 m40i X5 m40i (current)....I know what I like :) . If I went back to SUV I would go smaller and get the X3 M series. Next round I will be going electric, Could not get the deal I wanted on the I4 50.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
My wife broke her 65W USB C notebook charger so she borrowed my spare one while her replacement arrived.
Her Replacement arrived

My son broke his 65W USB C notebook charger so she gave the one she was borrowing from me to my son.

Maybe you should buy a third, just saying :) Spare might not be a bad idea lol

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
My friends wife has the M2 on Order, she loves it, I need x-drive because I live in the Midwest. BMW did the driving expereince mini by me at a local private racetrack I was able take the M8 Competition out on the Track with a instructor who I had to follow in another car. First part of the day was race class. M8 is an awesome car. This is my 5th BMW. 323 / 330XI / X3 m40i X5 m40i (current)....I know what I like :) . If I went back to SUV I would go smaller and get the X3 M series. Next round I will be going electric, Could not get the deal I wanted on the I4 50.
I moved to the Midwest and have been buying RWD cars ever since. o_O The Supra will be my first Toyota and my first BMW. lol I've actually never owned a German car before. I always swore that if I did it would be a Porsche, but for the money the Supra is in a class of it's own on the track.

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
Added some vinyl re-issues.
Julie London sings Latin in a Satin Mood, first released in 1963
Led Zeppelin first released 1969
Led Zeppelin CODA first released in 1982
On the screenshot below the numbers on the right are number of tracks & time.
2014 is the year they were re-released and / or re-mastered.
Screenshot 2023-05-12 at 11.07.54 AM.png

isolar8001

isolar8001

Audioholic General
Her Replacement arrived

Look into getting one/some of these....best thing I've ever found for the money, and there is a "C" port too.
And the surge protection is actually very good !! Gene recommended product!!

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Deadwing Deluxe Edition showed up today. It is an LP size 100 pg picture book with 4 discs. Have to find some time to listen to it.

Ran out of my Jay Leno's Radiant protectant, which helps keep the ceramic coating looking good. Picked this up from the same company that makes the Ceramic I used.

Last edited:
John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
These are arriving today - got a good price from our Amazonian overlords. My AKG N400’s left earbud won’t charge, and therefore won’t connect/play. A shame, really as they sound utterly fantastic. I was going to see if I could purchase another pair ($50 from the AKG site was a screaming deal) but they have been discontinued. In-the-know sellers are charging a premium so I’m going a new direction. I’ve read some good reviews on the Technics and thought I would give them a try at 1/2 off…
View attachment 61545
Just an update/wee review/comparison. The Technics AZ70Ws sound really good and have a slick, functional app, would recommend at the (discounted) price BUT the AKG N400s sound much better to me and, oddly enough, the noise cancelling works better in my experience. The Technics sound like their nameplate; clear, detailed, maybe a tad clinical and/or sterile. If you like that, they should be a great fit. The AKGs, on the other hand, have a warmer, more organic sound that appeals more to me. It is not as if I dislike the Technics, quite the contrary; I just enjoyed the AKGs more. Man, I wished they worked! Anyway, will be on the lookout for a discounted pair (they are being offered from a Korean Ebay storefront for around $80 [and in various colors!] so that is tempting).

Matt34

Matt34

Have some Kef R5 inbound to try out. Nicely discounted at Bestbuy and total tech makes returning them a breeze if they don't work out.
g991R5WH-F.jpg

crazyfingers

crazyfingers

Full Audioholic
Purchased and downloaded the ALAC from May 23 at Phoenix.

2023 05 23 Phoenix AZ.jpg

25 more shows left to the summer tour and I'll be getting all of them.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Upgraded to Amplifi Alien mesh setup. Son in law upgraded his network for work so I got his hand me down lol. My old Asus router was having issues since I upgraded my modem. Now it is super stable.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis