What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Thrift store haul. Seven Cassettes and three 3D Blu-ray with cool Lenticular covers + one 4K Blu-ray Coco.
IMG_20230403_200353.jpg

Last edited:
3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I'm back home having spent last Monday to yesterday helping my daughter out while her hubby is out on maneuvers. I'll be bouncing back and forth for the rest of April.

I had his waiting for me when I got home. Unpacked it and shoe horned it into my main system in the basement.

IMG_8639.jpg
IMG_8640.jpg
IMG_8641.jpg
IMG_8642.jpg
IMG_8644.jpg
IMG_8645.jpg
IMG_8646.jpg
IMG_8651.jpg
IMG_8654.jpg

Last edited:
afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Unfortunately didn't come with one. For the projector...Can't complain it was a great deal for the PJ. :cool:
IMG_20230407_140651.jpg

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Does it work?
Nice deck there 3db. Been looking for a three head cassette player myself. The Optoma projector works great with only 600hrs on the original bulb and I can access the menu on it, but didn't come with the remote. Probably get it in 2 weeks.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Nice deck there 3db. Been looking for a three head cassette player myself. The Optoma projector works great with only 600hrs on the original bulb and I can access the menu on it, but didn't come with the remote. Probably get it in 2 weeks.
Thank you. :) Its a Japanese model so I had to buy a down converter to drop the voltage from 120 to 100 volts. This is a direct drive unit.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Picked up a used Emotiva A500 for the extra channels so I can add Atmos to the rear. Installed it, connected it and it is powering the front heights, just need to run wires and buy the speakers.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
I recently bought a LOT of wallpaper stripper, 24lbs of joint compound to fix horsehair plaster walls after stripping, some 9 different gallons of paint, lots of paint rollers, a few good brushes, a new ceiling fan, new carpeting, and was gifted a few of my professional artist brother's nice oil-on-canvas paintings to decorate the "Jeweled Peach" walls. Still a few more little things to buy, add, and/or make for the room, but 90% or better where I wanted to be.
Music_Room _04-17-23.jpg

Last edited:
afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
I recently bought a LOT of wallpaper stripper, 24lbs of joint compound to fix horsehair plaster walls after stripping, some 9 different gallons of paint, lots of paint rollers, a few good brushes, a new ceiling fan, new carpeting, and was gifted a few of my professional artist brother's nice oil-on-canvas paintings to decorate the "Jeweled Peach" walls. Still a few more little things to buy, add, and/or make for the room, but 90% or better where I wanted to be.
View attachment 61492
Ken looks fantastic! Enjoy!

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
View attachment 61492
Yeah man. Looking fabulous!

crazyfingers

crazyfingers

Full Audioholic
A bit of background. Having recently retired I've been reviving my hifi. It had mostly stayed the same since around 1992. I had dug my old vinyls out of the garage and found a place to set up the turntable. I got a Ortofon 2M Blue cartridge for it.

I few years ago I got a Bose Soundtouch link to connect my computer music library to the old Adcom preamp.

But recently I noticed two things. 1: The Bose frequently went off-line whether in it's native mode or when using Apple Airplay from iTunes. I found this very annoying. 2: The Adcom started to show some age. When using the balance one side would just go totally dead. I had to keep it slightly off balance for both speakers to play.

So I started to search for a solution to both the streaming of my library and the old Adcom preamp.

A week ago I got a NAD C 658 BluOS Streaming DAC Preamplifier

After pulling my hair out for 12 hours over the lack of clear instruction on linking it to my music library and finally getting it right after determining that the instructions are actually wrong, it's working perfectly.

The sound I'm getting is definitely superior to what I had been getting with the Adcom and the Bose. And I'm delighted with it.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
A bit of background. Having recently retired I've been reviving my hifi. It had mostly stayed the same since around 1992. I had dug my old vinyls out of the garage and found a place to set up the turntable. I got a Ortofon 2M Blue cartridge for it.

I few years ago I got a Bose Soundtouch link to connect my computer music library to the old Adcom preamp.

But recently I noticed two things. 1: The Bose frequently went off-line whether in it's native mode or when using Apple Airplay from iTunes. I found this very annoying. 2: The Adcom started to show some age. When using the balance one side would just go totally dead. I had to keep it slightly off balance for both speakers to play.

So I started to search for a solution to both the streaming of my library and the old Adcom preamp.

A week ago I got a NAD C 658 BluOS Streaming DAC Preamplifier

After pulling my hair out for 12 hours over the lack of clear instruction on linking it to my music library and finally getting it right after determining that the instructions are actually wrong, it's working perfectly.

The sound I'm getting is definitely superior to what I had been getting with the Adcom and the Bose. And I'm delighted with it.
FWIW you might be able to clean the balance control with something like a Deoxit control cleaner on the old preamp....

crazyfingers

crazyfingers

Full Audioholic
FWIW you might be able to clean the balance control with something like a Deoxit control cleaner on the old preamp....
Thanks. And sell it maybe. But it has nostalgic value to me too. A quick search I see that the selling price of a used unit is about $200-$500. Not bad.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Thanks. And sell it maybe. But it has nostalgic value to me too. A quick search I see that the selling price of a used unit is about $200-$500. Not bad.
Or just fix it and use it, still well functioning otherwise hopefully....

crazyfingers

crazyfingers

Full Audioholic
Or just fix it and use it, still well functioning otherwise hopefully....
Well, I have no use for it now. I'm sure one of my sons will ask for it some day.

It can sit with the other unused components. But I will need to rearrange things because small slim things like this are on top. Another component I loved at one time but now have no use for. I used to have a lot of things attached to the stereo and this was really the heart of it. There are a lot of unused and old components around here.

2023 04 18 20 09 22.jpg

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
These are arriving today - got a good price from our Amazonian overlords. My AKG N400’s left earbud won’t charge, and therefore won’t connect/play. A shame, really as they sound utterly fantastic. I was going to see if I could purchase another pair ($50 from the AKG site was a screaming deal) but they have been discontinued. In-the-know sellers are charging a premium so I’m going a new direction. I’ve read some good reviews on the Technics and thought I would give them a try at 1/2 off…
1682175720776.png

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis