What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
Fosi BT30D Pro. It has sub outs for both passive and active subs. I currently have a DIY Peerless 8" sub firing under the table and my Carmody Speedsters hooked up. Tone controls are both adequate and welcome additions for all things 'fun' audio on the fly, IMO. It actually sounds quite nice. I like these little amp chip sorts from TI. Bluetooth works well, too. I got this to try BT, in spite of my stubbornness to give in to modern tech. Is worth the price, so far. Doesn't get more than just warm running these speakers and it has an even easier time with my much more sensitive Tempests. Works really well with the JBL S38 too.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
A used OPTOMA TH1060P 1080P 4500 LUMENS FULL HD DLP PROJECTOR 577 hours from the bay. Coming from a Acer 720p to 1080p is very noticeable and clearer picture.
IMG_20230325_145259.jpg
IMG_20230326_201221.jpg

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Wolfgang, Eddie's Son new vinyl pre-oder (Splatter) Mammoth II -Autographed. They also have a beach ball and grape edition lol

MMPO.jpg

Teetertotter?

Teetertotter?

Senior Audioholic
My wife is getting a new HP, 14", i5 laptop. It shipped from China today.

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
Bought a pair of these lamps from Monoprice. Workstream aluminum LED clamp lamp, multi-mode adjust with USB charging port. Has a 30/60 minute timer.

IMG_4710.JPG
IMG_4712.JPG

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
^
I should add that I already have some 20# CO2 tanks... Buying them new is expensive... but I sorta inherited them from a good friend that knew I might use them if I started force carbonating Kegs back when I was Brewing.
The SodaStream CO2 refills are like $60 for two little cans...
Last time I filled up the CO2 it was under $100 for 4 tanks.
:D
I have no clue how long one of those will last...

Their little cans of CO2 are 14.5 oz of gas and say they can do up to 60L of carbonated water...

If my math is right, one 20# cylinder should equal about 41-42 of their little refills. :cool:

(This doesn't account for the Refill exchange program which is something like 15 per refill plus shipping, but I would still have to buy a couple of their gas cylinders to take "advantage" of that program.)
(Thus, the only "cost" I really have is having a 20# CO2 tank on my kitchen counter! :p )
Hmm. I've recently read about these soda stream things and they seem interesting.

I wonder if I can use the huge CO2 tank I had for my old kegerator?

That'd be neat.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Hmm. I've recently read about these soda stream things and they seem interesting.

I wonder if I can use the huge CO2 tank I had for my old kegerator?

That'd be neat.
You should be able to. I just hooked up one of my 20# tanks and it works fine with the adapter kit I linked above.
The soda stream has the regulator built in, so the only thing I don’t really like is that there’s no gauge for tank level. But you can tell that CO2 is getting low by the carbonation level of the water.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Had to get a new phone. My Note 10+ is not making it through the day on a charge. Received an S23 ultra 256gb in green. Seems nice.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
My wife got me a Veritas Router Plane for my birthday to expand on my woodworking tool collection. I also have a #4 Stanley, an old #5 Bailey that I salvaged and restored from a flea market, a wooden shoulder plane, and a couple of block planes. Still looking for a Fore and Jack plane to work with raw lumber. Might reshape the blade on the Bailey to make it a scrub plane. That should cover the basics as there are dozens of other styles as well.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Thrift store haul. Seven Cassettes and three 3D Blu-ray with cool Lenticular covers + one 4K Blu-ray Coco.
IMG_20230403_200353.jpg

Last edited:
3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I'm back home having spent last Monday to yesterday helping my daughter out while her hubby is out on maneuvers. I'll be bouncing back and forth for the rest of April.

I had his waiting for me when I got home. Unpacked it and shoe horned it into my main system in the basement.

IMG_8639.jpg
IMG_8640.jpg
IMG_8641.jpg
IMG_8642.jpg
IMG_8644.jpg
IMG_8645.jpg
IMG_8646.jpg
IMG_8651.jpg
IMG_8654.jpg

Last edited:
afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Unfortunately didn't come with one. For the projector...Can't complain it was a great deal for the PJ. :cool:
IMG_20230407_140651.jpg

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Does it work?
Nice deck there 3db. Been looking for a three head cassette player myself. The Optoma projector works great with only 600hrs on the original bulb and I can access the menu on it, but didn't come with the remote. Probably get it in 2 weeks.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Nice deck there 3db. Been looking for a three head cassette player myself. The Optoma projector works great with only 600hrs on the original bulb and I can access the menu on it, but didn't come with the remote. Probably get it in 2 weeks.
Thank you. :) Its a Japanese model so I had to buy a down converter to drop the voltage from 120 to 100 volts. This is a direct drive unit.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Picked up a used Emotiva A500 for the extra channels so I can add Atmos to the rear. Installed it, connected it and it is powering the front heights, just need to run wires and buy the speakers.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
I recently bought a LOT of wallpaper stripper, 24lbs of joint compound to fix horsehair plaster walls after stripping, some 9 different gallons of paint, lots of paint rollers, a few good brushes, a new ceiling fan, new carpeting, and was gifted a few of my professional artist brother's nice oil-on-canvas paintings to decorate the "Jeweled Peach" walls. Still a few more little things to buy, add, and/or make for the room, but 90% or better where I wanted to be.
Music_Room _04-17-23.jpg

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis