What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

Audiosaur

Audiosaur

Audioholic
Let us know how you like 'em!
Very happy so far! Wonderfully full and rich sound. The tactile feel I get with these from kick drums is a noticeable improvement over the Pioneer Elite SP-EFS73s they're replacing. And the cabinet is gorgeous! Great speaker for the price I paid.

GrimSurfer

GrimSurfer

Senior Audioholic
SVS ultra bookshelf speakers, really digging them!
Cool! I've read really good things about them. (Have an SVS sub myself, which I like.)

SVS started out in subs, so have had a lot of time to get the whole "non-resonant enclosure thing" right. This bodes well as they move into speakers because of the importance of the enclosure in speaker performance (along with crossovers).

Ditto for drivers, assuming they make their own (which not all loudspeaker manufacturers do, or even have to for that matter).

V

viseral audio

Audioholic
hearing the bookshelves makes me think of how good the ultra towers must sound

GrimSurfer

GrimSurfer

Senior Audioholic
LOL. I'm sure they do. Towers wouldn't pass WAF in my household though!

They don't in my friend's house either... and he has early KEF towers (solid wood cabinets, massively braced internally) that have been re-coned and had the crossovers rebuilt.

I'd make him an offer, but would lose a friend and a wife. It's a no-win situation.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
OK ordered these after getting a good deal on the bay. I hope the hype is worth it. I'll do a mini review when I get them. I'm sure I'll get the Sabbat x12 pro this week and I'm done. Just wanted a couple to try with volume controls.
Got a real good deal on the Sabbat x12 Pro. Ordered. I think I'm good on wireless buds with volume control and 5.0 BT. Compared savings to those Sennheiser Wireless that are $300.00 (yikes) I think I did good at less than $100 on 3 different pairs. :p

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
Offerings from this trio tend to be spendy but worth it. Well recorded and addicting to listen to if you like this sort of thing.

My collection by this artists is growing. I ended up streaming everything Amazon has on this artist a few times by now.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
OK ordered these after getting a good deal on the bay. I hope the hype is worth it. I'll do a mini review when I get them. I'm sure I'll get the Sabbat x12 pro this week and I'm done. Just wanted a couple to try with volume controls.
Got these on right now. Blown away with the treble clarity, mids and great bass. I'm on YouTube watching Chris Stapleton live version of his original "I Was Wrong" just so damn clear. These come up as W1(HonShoop) . These are really good and loud. I bet once they break in they will be even better. Just tested these with Netflix series F is for family and dialog is crispy clear and it's just amazing(mouth wide open) . They come with a 1 year Warranty. Just get them!

Last edited:
VonMagnum

VonMagnum

Audioholic Chief
I'm currently decorating my home theater room at the moment with props, etc. so my latest purchases are these....
Lightsaber01s.jpg
MalteseFalcon.jpg
Hellraiser Cube S.jpg
Idol01s.jpg

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Finally broke down and went to the dark side (LG is not a preferred manufacturer of mine).

But, dang does the picture look stunning! And, I'm not done tweaking it yet.

1551736296150.png

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Finally broke down and went to the dark side (LG is not a preferred manufacturer of mine).

But, dang does the picture look stunning! And, I'm not done tweaking it yet.

View attachment 28520
OLED or LCD? Their OLED TVs are good because they're mostly focused on that. LCD was never their strong suit, but I think that's because OLED was their forward vision.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
OLED or LCD? Their OLED TVs are good because they're mostly focused on that. LCD was never their strong suit, but I think that's because OLED was their forward vision.
It's the OLED! This is the 2018 C8 model, with the new a9 processor.

I been holding out with my 12 year old Samsung 52" LCD (CFL lit), just waiting for the price to be right. I bought that one back when the price was finally (somewhat) reasonable for a large LCD TV.

Phase 2

Phase 2

Audioholic Chief
Vizio V-series 50" 4K HDR with Dolby Vision,
It has this free app whole bunch of free TV not to mention the other apps that it comes with. I'm really digging the Pluto free TV thing. Thing is I paid under 4 bills new for this TV. Has full array backlit 120 hertz motion. Just picked it up last nite.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I love finding obscure bands. I was digging around Youtube about a Canadian band called "The Tenants" that released one very solid album with not one bad song on that album. I own a copy. In the youtube commnents, a poster wondered why the Tenants and a band called "The Spy's never made it big. I was able to play a couple of track from the Spy's and I really like their sound. I ordered of a Discogs and received a near mint 200g vinyl copy. Its so awesome.

VonMagnum

VonMagnum

Audioholic Chief
More Movie Props to decorate the home theater room (See previous post: for others: https://forums.audioholics.com/forums/threads/what-new-stuff-have-you-bought-if-you-care-to-share-thead.86935/post-1302360):

Click to see larger images:

-Sword from Conan The Barbarian / Destroyer
Conan Sword 1 S.jpgConan Sword 2 S.jpg

-Elder Wand from Harry Potter Movies

Elder Wand S.jpg

-Katana from the Matrix Reloaded that Morpheus used on the freeway

Morpheus Katana S.jpg

I still have Prophesy Orb/Crystal Ball from Harry Potter, Bellatrix's dagger from Harry Potter (Dobby the Elf Killer), the Phurma dagger from The Shadow and the Staff of Ra headpiece from Raiders of the Lost Ark coming....

I also moved Luke/Anakin/Rey's lightsaber to a better location:

SaberWallPoster S.jpg

Phase 2

Phase 2

Audioholic Chief
More Movie Props to decorate the home theater room (See previous post: for others: https://forums.audioholics.com/forums/threads/what-new-stuff-have-you-bought-if-you-care-to-share-thead.86935/post-1302360):

Click to see larger images:

-Sword from Conan The Barbarian / Destroyer
View attachment 28590View attachment 28591

-Elder Wand from Harry Potter Movies

View attachment 28595

-Katana from the Matrix Reloaded that Morpheus used on the freeway

View attachment 28596

I still have Prophesy Orb/Crystal Ball from Harry Potter, Bellatrix's dagger from Harry Potter (Dobby the Elf Killer), the Phurma dagger from The Shadow and the Staff of Ra headpiece from Raiders of the Lost Ark coming....

I also moved Luke/Anakin/Rey's lightsaber to a better location:

View attachment 28594
Now that's just cheating! Nice!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis