What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Bought a pair of KEF M-100 racing blue earphones on Amazon, $39.99
Let us know what you think of them! Great price, though the original list price of $150 a pair might have been higher than they're actually worth. I think they're really good, especially at anything under $100.

I've bought a total of 5 of those, ranging in price from $24.00 to $35.00. All were bought from NewEgg.com during their repeated 'flash sales' of them. I kept one at work and one in the tank bag on my motorcycle. The rest were gifted to family.

I might use them at home too, if I didn't already have the KEF M500 headphones I got for $60 and the KEF/Porsche Design Space One noise cancelling ones I got for $90, both also from NewEgg.com.

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
hate the jack which came with the car, found this on sale in an ad in Westways magazine, normally $79.99, on sale for $59.99. Weighs about 35 pounds. From HarborFreight.com
IMG_1883.JPG

2channel lover

Audioholic Field Marshall
hate the jack which came with the car, found this on sale in an ad in Westways magazine, normally $79.99, on sale for $59.99. Weighs about 35 pounds. From HarborFreight.com
View attachment 28381
I keep a similar one in the trunk...If you break down, they're a god send compared to the jack that comes with the car.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
My 2009 Sony KDL55NX810 was starting to fade out a bit, so I upgraded my bedroom TV.
-I really wanted to go Sony 900F, but was cheap this time around.
-That being said, found an incredible deal on a Samsung QN55Q6FNAVXZA $799.99 vs $999 pretty much everywhere else

55" is perfect for size for my 19x26 bedroom, I have lots of windows and this TV is bright.

Great picture, though required a lot more tweaking out of the box than my Sony's. The end result is great.
(Picture is pre calibration)

Attachments

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Beyerdynamic DT 770 80 ohm headphones from Massdrop.
I've always had a soft spot for Beyerdynamic headphones. My very first ones around 1990 were DT330's (I think), and my kids destroyed them. I searched Massdrop but didn't see any current drops for the brand.

Last edited:
GrimSurfer

GrimSurfer

Senior Audioholic
Styx Grand Illusion CD, used. '86 West German CD. Less sonically compressed than most, well mixed and recorded.

Talking Head "Fear of Music", used. '84 West German pressing. Brilliant sound, very little compression. Some good heft to the bass, drum lines and crisp highs. Why can't all recordings be this good?

No bargain-bin finds, just good quality recordings.

Out-Of-Phase

Out-Of-Phase

Audioholic General
I've always had a soft spot for Beyerdynamic headphones. My very first ones around 1990 were DT330's (I think), and my kids destroyed them. I searched Massdrop but didn't see any current drops for the brand.
Hello Ken, yes they (Beyerdynamic) make some very fine headphones. I love these DT 770's, they work well on a PC and also through HiFi components.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I notice in your signature that you are running cassettes in all three systems!
I assume you never stopped using them, so wonder how you manage your cassettes over decades. Do you find the old ones failing? If so, what type of lifespan do you experience with a cassette.
I ask because I have a ton of cassettes from the early 80's in storage that I suspect are trash. I assume the tape has become somewhat brittle and there would be oxidation of the magnetic particles.
I often go to a used stereo place down the road from my work at lunch time and "dig" around and sometimes I find some Chrome and the odd metal used cassette for about $3.00 a piece. Last week, I picked up one metal and 8 chrome tapes. One of the chromes was a Maxell, one I never seen before so I purchased it on curiosity alone. It had a more robust shell then what you find typically in NA. I tried it and it worked really well. I recorded Robbie Robertson first album.. Here's a pic.

cassette.jpg

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis