What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

GrimSurfer

GrimSurfer

Senior Audioholic
The only really safe approach is whole-house surge protection.

I would say you got lucky either way.

For some gear like PJs and PCs, a UPS is also a good choice
I spoke to my electrician about whole house protection. He said that the clamping voltages are generally higher with these because of the load that normally serves the house. In his view, whole house protection doesn't eliminate the need for more sensitive surge protector power bars.

He also mentioned grounding, which is often insufficient in homes after plumbing work (or in homes with lots of PEX or whose water is supplied with something other than metal pipes).

So I guess you can never be too careful!

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
A new colour laser printer to replace the over a decade old mono-chrome laser printer is on it's way: Lexmark CS622de. The old printer has worked very well over the years while using various operating systems.

This new printer can print in black and white even if one of the colour cartridges is empty, has high yield toner cartridges (like the old one) and has better support for printing from a smart phone. No Wi-Fi, which I do not want in any case, but of course networked.

This is an "enterprise" printer that with some luck of the draw should last many years.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
I in general lately like Brother for a laser printer. much cheaper supplies
Yeah, I've read that, but in this case I'm a return customer because the old Lexmark laser printer has worked very well over a decade and I'm still able to buy original toner to it. That buy has been very economical, and reliable, compared to the Epson ink printer it replaced (unreliable expensive crap).

Our usage is home office but there are quite a few prints of research articles that contains images, but of course not the print level of a busy work group. Personally we are not that price sensitive for toner replacements due to our low level of printing, but don't want to be ripped of either, so high yield toner cartridges is a requirement.

Darenwh

Darenwh

Audioholic
The other issue with whole house is that it protects you from surges that come in through the electrical system. It does not necessarily protect you from other sources such as cable service, outside or attic mounted antenna, telephone lines, etc... I know, many of those are items that many of you may not have in your home now but many still do. You can never guarantee that the protection you have will be enough. I had items connected to a good UPS fail due to a surge that came in through my cable companies cabling outside the home due to insufficient grounding (installer left ground wire lose) taking out my receiver, amp for subwoofer, cab;e boxes, Wifi router, and other items. As the surge did not come through the surge suppressor it had no chance to stop it. I got compensated for the stuff thankfully. Protect your equipment the best you can and it is not likely you will suffer an issue. Unfortunately it is not a 100% guarantee.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Grindewald was a lot better than the first one IMO, but the story still stumbled a bit. Johnny Depp was kind of the let down IMO. Redmayne is really good in his role.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Got this set. Heard great stuff about this series. Can't wait: Mistborn: The Mistborn Trilogy Set by Brandon Sanderson (2009, 3 books set)

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
These are supposed to have great call quality and are 15% off about $31 shipped. Confirmed with volume control. Hmmm + I like spaceships.
:p
Wireless Earbuds, Anbes 359 Bluetooth 5.0 True Wireless Earbuds 24H Playtime 3D Stereo Sound Bluetooth Headphones Noise Cancelling, in-Ear Headset with Built-in Mic Hands-Free Calls https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07M8LWN2G/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_apa_i_VWhGCbT4ZNFVE
The spaceship has arrived and looks cooler in person.
Charging right now. Will update on sound and call quality later. Hooray.

Edit:
OK I have to say out of all the wireless Earbuds this wins on a big (((soundstage))) and separation. The clarity on the treble is fantastic and bass is very good and not boomy. I'm impressed with these. Easily my favorite thus far. Pairs fast as f**k. Call quality testing is next. Stay tuned. Just to preface these are mostly used for Music/Movies. Grab a pair whiles can they are fantastic.

Last edited:
VonMagnum

VonMagnum

Audioholic Chief
And...take back one kadam to honor the Hebrew God whose Ark this is!

Radiers Props S.jpg
RaidersPosterItems S.jpg

VonMagnum

VonMagnum

Audioholic Chief
I just got my new light stand for the Harry Potter Crystal Ball (I placed it behind it on the wall) and now the crystal ball lights up and fades through 4 different lights (white, blue, red and green). It looks like it's conjuring up a prophesy now. :D
CrystalBallColors S.jpg

VonMagnum

VonMagnum

Audioholic Chief
Damn, this is very cool, where did you get it?
Well, Sylvia Hoeks and I go way back you see.... :p

OK, I won an auction on eBay. They sell them outright as well (e.g. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Blade-Runner-2049-Memory-Orb-Sphere-Dark-Matter-Props-BAM-Box-Exclusive/132974492185?epid=28022009237&hash=item1ef5e5ba19:g:XNkAAOSwtAtbnsDq). I got that one for $18 shipped on a bid.

The light stand is one I picked out from Amazon (there's a guy on Etsy that makes a similar looking 3-tier version that he designed specifically for these, but you have to assemble it yourself as it's a kit... Here's a link to that: https://www.etsy.com/listing/606639570/sci-fi-light-up-display-base-blade?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=blade+runner+2049&ref=sr_gallery-1-6).

Both are USB powered (mine also can run off 3 AAA batteries). I think you can buy the entire 8-crystal collection as well for a set price... yeah $125 on Etsy (https://www.etsy.com/listing/685107921/blade-runner-2049-memory-bearing-prop?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=blade+runner+2049+orbs&ref=sr_gallery-1-2&organic_search_click=1).

There's also a static holder someone makes (https://www.etsy.com/listing/671256692/blade-runner-2049-display?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=blade+runner+2049+orbs&ref=sr_gallery-1-4&organic_search_click=1)

on top of the clear one it comes with.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
A friend lent me his Sivga SV007(Anbes 359 has a similar SQ) and I fell in love with the sound sig, so I ordered them on the bay for a good price. These have a great soundstage, airy, tight bass and treble clarity without being fatiguing and wait fantastic mids(Sinatra's voice is the clearest I've ever heard on headphones). The wood/metal design on these are so darn cool looking. :D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis