What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Toshiba 49 inch smart tv. Going to replace the insignia 40 in the living room and move it to the bedroom to replace the insignia 32. So basically a 2 for 1 upgrade. And it has Amazon Prime with Alexa wireless!:)
1552170968156.png

Last edited:
Darenwh

Darenwh

Audioholic
Went to an estate sale today and picked up a 5.1 surround system. Included are my new subwoofers. SVS PB3000's, two of them. WOW...

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Went to an estate sale today and picked up a 5.1 surround system. Included are my new subwoofers. SVS PB3000's, two of them. WOW...
Tease! What's the whole setup and how much did you pay? Subs are nice!

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
New hickory hardwood floor, in living/dining room and into office. Living room needs new blinds and now some modest room treatments. Office needs new paint, blinds, and an area rug. Both will get it within weeks. The Salamander Achetype 3.0 stand in the office will get my turntable once I have made a suitable acrylic dust cover.

Attachments

Darenwh

Darenwh

Audioholic
Well I was mistaken. It was 2 SVS PB13 Ultra’s, a pair of Mirage OM9’s, a pair of OM12’s, an OM-C2 center, a B&K preamp and B&K Reference 200.5 amp for a great price, under $1500.
23BA120F-413A-4DA8-84E4-A77033C5A9E0.jpeg

I would post more pics but don't have time to resize them right now.

Last edited:
Phase 2

Phase 2

Audioholic Chief
32" Element 720p, 99 bucks new.
Bedroom use. Has a nice picture not a smart TV but great for the bedroom use.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Well the JBL Studio 230 speakers were troubling me -- so I sent them back -- and bought a pair of the former Sapphire Audio SB speakers that really are overall better than the Studio 230 -- Sapphire was around $90 shipped. A surprising good sound from a former Infinity co-founder ..... overall a decent/nice octave to octave sound with no bass bloom.

Sapphire slide show
https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?action=gallery;area=slideshow;album=29670;start=191789;size=large
Troubling?

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
A new surge arrest for my new TV and Blue Ray player. Also my stereo system will be moved to this since the older surge protectors are getting a bit long in the tooth.

Attachments

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
Troubling?
The Studio 230 are OK and decent/nice for music, but are somewhat limited. The bass is good and is not bloated or mushy sounding and does go low, but the upper midrange is somewhat recessed. The tweeter can be a little bright on some recordings, Their overall sound signature is not in the $400 range as they are somewhat lacking in overall resolution -- the soundstage is also somewhat lacking in central imaging and depth, the soundstage is wide but not as wide as some other speakers can be. They do have a slight boxy sound, and at high volumes can sound a little hooty.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
The Studio 230 are OK and decent/nice for music, but are somewhat limited. The bass is good and is not bloated or mushy sounding and does go low, but the upper midrange is somewhat recessed. The tweeter can be a little bright on some recordings, Their overall sound signature is not in the $400 range as they are somewhat lacking in overall resolution -- the soundstage is also somewhat lacking in central imaging and depth, the soundstage is wide but not as wide as some other speakers can be. They do have a slight boxy sound, and at high volumes can sound a little hooty.
Thanks thought maybe you had a failure like the jsfs did. JBL does set their list price too high...room for negotiation I suppose for dealers.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
A new surge arrest for my new TV and Blue Ray player. Also my stereo system will be moved to this since the older surge protectors are getting a bit long in the tooth.
Just an FYI, those types of "surge protectors" don't really do much in the way of protection. I only consider them as more power outlets.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Just an FYI, those types of "surge protectors" don't really do much in the way of protection. I only consider them as more power outlets.
I understand that, trust me. I liked this one because of the "flexibility" it offers. With myriad odd-shaped DC power supplies for various system bits, it has enough outlets and I shouldn't have any more blockage of otherwise unused sockets.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000JE9LD4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I understand that, trust me. I liked this one because of the "flexibility" it offers. With myriad odd-shaped DC power supplies for various system bits, it has enough outlets and I shouldn't have any more blockage of otherwise unused sockets.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000JE9LD4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
YUP!

I own/use 2 of that exact model. If I wanted to nit-pick, the power switch feels just a bit cheap and not as robust as the rest of the device. For one of them, it is tucked away and I never use the power switch anyway.

I will also say that in my previous house, that device eliminated a terrible hum once I ran the TWC coax through it.

GrimSurfer

GrimSurfer

Senior Audioholic
A power surge a few years ago took out a few of my surge protectors. Saved the equipment though...

When I opened the surge protectors for examination, components were burned and plastic body showed signs of melting. One of the protectors was sitting on carpet, which was cause for concern.

After that, I stopped buying consumer grade protectors (Belkin etc.) and replaced everything with metal bodied Furman (sound system and HT) and Tripp-Lite (gym equipment and TVs) units. They cost more, but house fires aren't cheap either.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
A power surge a few years ago took out a few of my surge protectors. Saved the equipment though...

When I opened the surge protectors for examination, components were burned and plastic body showed signs of melting. One of the protectors was sitting on carpet, which was cause for concern.

After that, I stopped buying consumer grade protectors (Belkin etc.) and replaced everything with metal bodied Furman (sound system and HT) and Tripp-Lite (gym equipment and TVs) units. They cost more, but house fires aren't cheap either.
The only really safe approach is whole-house surge protection.

I would say you got lucky either way.

For some gear like PJs and PCs, a UPS is also a good choice

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis