What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
XPAND X-102 for 5$. There is a rechargeable battery CR2032 mod for these at AVS:

Last edited:
j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Was on sale last week. Picked up one for my mom for Mother's Day and one for me

Out-Of-Phase

Out-Of-Phase

Audioholic General

This ^^^

And this ^^^

Actually, I have to wait a few months for the headphones to arrive. They haven't been built yet. So I'll be patiently waiting for those. :)

Last edited:
j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
XPAND X-102 for 5$. There is a rechargeable battery CR2032 mod for these at AVS:
Hmm, rechargeable 2032 would be nice. I just buy like a 16 pack for like $5. I have 4 pairs of glasses for my TV and many other devices that use 2032.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord

2channel lover

Audioholic Field Marshall
What have you found inconvenient about Roku?
I'm trying to understand the counter-argument.
Just picked up two of the Roku Streaming Sticks +.

I hooked up the kitchen TV last night...easy to install, fast searching, loading apps...pic quality good...idk if it's the same dual core processor that's in the ultra, but I think I'm taking the other stick back in favor of the Ultra for the loft TV. We're 100% streaming now for TV and this set is the furthest from the modem/router.

The one draw back in the rigid stick design...your wall mounted TV must have side mounted HDMI ports or sit off the wall several inches.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord

I hooked up the kitchen TV last night...easy to install, fast searching, loading apps...pic quality good...idk if it's the same dual core processor that's in the ultra, but I think I'm taking the other stick back in favor of the Ultra for the loft TV. We're 100% streaming now for TV and this set is the furthest from the modem/router.

The one draw back in the rigid stick design...your wall mounted TV must have side mounted HDMI ports or sit off the wall several inches.
You can find 90 degree HDMI adapters, FWIW

2channel lover

Audioholic Field Marshall
I've just started this journey of collecting Miles Davis...digital only. So far

• BIRTH OF COOL... 24/192 FLAC
  • WORKIN...24/192 FLAC
  • ROUND ABOUT MIDNIGHT... 24/100 CD
  • KIND OF BLUE... MC SACD
  • BITCHES BREW... MC SACD
  • ON THE CORNER... SACD

Bold titles were bought this month.

In the most simple view...Miles' career breaks down into 2 segments, Acoustic era and Fusion era. When you really start digging into his work and the work of the era, I think he's a bit more complex than that...his stamp on Bebop, Coltrane quintet, and the Shorter/Hancock quintet.

Right now I'm sort of grounded in the acoustic work in the Coltrane era. I've played Bitches Brew twice and it's such a departure from his acoustic work that I now second some advice I was given...absorb In A Silent Way first, then listen to Bitches Brew.

Between the Rolling Stones 15 Essential Davis' albums, and cross references that with the top selling, and a few other lists/listening sessions I've come up with about 6 more titles.

Nefertiti
Steamin
Cookin
Relaxin
A Silent Way
Tribute To Jack Johnson

Any other Miles fans here? What are your favorites.

Last edited:
KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord

This is what I'd get:
https://www.amazon.com/Twisted-Veins-ACHRALA4-Connectors-connectors/dp/B014I5CXQQ/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1526403547&sr=8-3&keywords=hdmi+cable+90+degree+right+angle
You probably don't need all four, but the mix of 2ea. 90's and 2ea 270's will ensure the stick lays in whichever direction you want from the connection and 4 for $7 is frugal enough!

And...just in case you are weird that way:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00S4G262C/ref=pd_luc_rh_sspa_dk_huc_pt_sub_1?psc=1

Or if you just want to see what it is like to live like you have more money than sense, you can blow $15 on a single AudioQuest from BestBuy (woo-hoo!:rolleyes:):
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/audioquest-90-narrow-hdmi-adapter-black/9510825.p?skuId=9510825&cmp=RMX&extStoreId=501&ref=212&loc=1&gclid=CjwKCAjwiurXBRAnEiwAk2GFZpA0UX_aw6j79a6-WfTlIImcgXheoYp2zj2TrAafeJcfNf_mdBcccBoCVlkQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Last edited:
3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Was on sale last week. Picked up one for my mom for Mother's Day and one for me
My wifes use's her all the time. Really speeds up cooking and I like it that you can use it as a crock pot as well.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I picked up one of these for $70 from Amazon.. Its a 1TB drive. I will plug into the USB port of my Roku so now I have my music library on my 3rd system and by doing so have redundancy in multiple backups with local USB drives attached to each system. Its a PITA to update the library I realize but its still redundancy.

Last edited:
fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Sold the JVC PJ and am replacing it with an LG OLED. Only 55”, but at a seating distance of 6ft, it should be alright.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis