What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I ordered a 15ft subwoofer cable for $12.49 from Amazon as my "darling" kittens chewed thru one the other day.

1527010816670.jpeg

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
I ordered a 15ft subwoofer cable for $12.49 from Amazon as my "darling" kittens chewed thru one the other day.

View attachment 24287
I modified some $30 6 gauge jumper cables to use for my sub.
The sound character is completely different!
It brings out sounds I never heard before, like "You're such an Idiot!"
Oh, wait! That's my girlfriend! It's just a WAF thing...she'll get over it!:rolleyes:

Last edited:

2channel lover

Audioholic Field Marshall
Part of cutting the cable cord required me to buy a stick or streaming device for two of the TVs....I bought two Roku streaming stick +...I installed one in the kitchen TV...works great. The loft (HT space) TV is an older 1080p Samsung plasma.

I took the other + back and got the ultra.

https://www.roku.com/products/roku-ultra

Noticeably faster than the SS + imo and the SS+ is not slow.

The only con I have so far is the remote doesn't turn the TV on and off...the + remote did for the kitchen TV, but that's a newer set.

CB22

CB22

Senior Audioholic
No, I looked at those, but they are 16 ft long and I only needed 12 ft.
If you need a 16' cable, you'd be better off dropping to 4 Gauge to make sure your LFE doesn't suffer "cable compression"!:eek:

Edit - j/k! In case there is a newbie reading this, this is total BS !
IMHO I think you should spend 3/4 of budget on cables and 1/4 on speaker/ electronics ;)

DIY Junky

DIY Junky

Full Audioholic
I modified some $30 6 gauge jumper cables to use for my sub.
The sound character is completely different!
It brings out sounds I never heard before, like "You're such an Idiot!"
Oh, wait! That's my girlfriend! It's just a WAF thing...she'll get over it!:rolleyes:
I use video Coax cable for my sub. Home Depot sells RCA plugs for Coax Cable Nice solid copper cable .. I actually turned my sub settings down after making cables

sholling

sholling

Audioholic Ninja
The only con I have so far is the remote doesn't turn the TV on and off...the + remote did for the kitchen TV, but that's a newer set.
Now you have a great excuse to buy a hub based Harmony like an Elite. If memory serves, Harmony Hubs communicate with Rokus via your network or IR. That's what I did before I bought my Shields.

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
Still collecting. Found this guy searching jazz violin and found him on Frank Zappa's works at some point. That was enough to provoke a search and it turned out to be a great find.
1527223344144.png

1527223372758.png

1527223417834.png

couple more of his I want.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Still collecting. Found this guy searching jazz violin and found him on Frank Zappa's works at some point. That was enough to provoke a search and it turned out to be a great find.
View attachment 24327

View attachment 24328

View attachment 24329

couple more of his I want.
Whenever I think of Jean Luc Ponty, I think of the Dixie Dregs (because of their violinist). Check them out.
They are some of the most articulate players. The fast passages played tightly by violin and guitar is a great sound.

2channel lover

I enjoy most string instruments, but the violin is one of my favorites in a Jazz genre.

While I wouldn't consider this a Jazz genre w/ her techno background but this young woman is good.

Lindsey Stirling...I have this one.

1527260840007.png

This artist adds her cultural influence to the violin...I have a few of hers...more of a soulful/jazzy sound on this one....I think she has Paquito D'Rivera on sax on a track or two on this album and that was enough for me to buy in right there.

Regina Carter...self titled

1527261167258.png

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
The Police: Every Breath You take DTS 5.1

The arrangement on these hits in 5.1 is great! :)

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
Whenever I think of Jean Luc Ponty, I think of the Dixie Dregs (because of their violinist). Check them out.
They are some of the most articulate players. The fast passages played tightly by violin and guitar is a great sound.
Very familiar with the Dregs and Steve Morse but that is a good association/observation. Back when I was a teen, the Dregs were part of our southern rock rotation. I thought it was exclusively a southern thing, until I went to CT for a year and found southern rock (and the Dixie Dregs) to be well followed up there as well.

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
I enjoy most string instruments, but the violin is one of my favorites in a Jazz genre.

While I wouldn't consider this a Jazz genre w/ her techno background but this young woman is good.

Lindsey Stirling...I have this one.

View attachment 24331

This artist adds her cultural influence to the violin...I have a few of hers...more of a soulful/jazzy sound on this one....I think she has Paquito D'Rivera on sax on a track or two on this album and that was enough for me to buy in right there.

Regina Carter...self titled

View attachment 24332
I love the violin/fiddle in just about any genre, including the electric violin. Ponty, was one of the first to add the electronic, synthesized direction with the instrument. I am familiar with Lindsey Sterling.

The violin is a perfect candidate for the sort of distortion (like Van Halen's "brown sound") that humans tend to find pleasing. It's also one of the instruments that relates to a live playback presence on great speakers/systems.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord

Button Coin Cell Rechargeable Smart Battery Charger For LIR2032 LIR2025 LIR2016

4 pcs 3.6V Rechargeable Lithium Coin Cell Battery For LIR2032

2channel lover

I love the violin/fiddle in just about any genre, including the electric violin. Ponty, was one of the first to add the electronic, synthesized direction with the instrument. I am familiar with Lindsey Sterling.

The violin is a perfect candidate for the sort of distortion (like Van Halen's "brown sound") that humans tend to find pleasing. It's also one of the instruments that relates to a live playback presence on great speakers/systems.
I had always identified the violin with classical or orchestra...aside from maybe some bluegrass fiddle, Ponty was the 1st I'd heard with a plugged up violin and I immediately gravitated to it.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis