What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
New circle and edge jig for the router. Of course as luck would have, they sent every piece of the kit except the one I needed to make it work for what I was doing today. :rolleyes:

sholling

sholling

Audioholic Ninja
I look forward to your feedback,
I received the "add-on" remote yesterday and while I'm still evaluating it as far as recommendations go it's a keeper for me.

Pluses:
  • It works fine with the Elite remote and hub.
  • It's much smaller and handier than the full sized touch screen remote.
  • No over-sensitive touch screen to accidentally send you to the wrong activity.
  • Included CR2032 coin battery is supposed to last roughly one year.
  • Easy setup once you figure it out.
Minuses:
  • The setup instructions suck hugely! Setup isn't hard to do, it's just that the instructions are confusing.
  • Each of the three activity buttons does double duty. In my case the right-hand "movie button" selects Watch Blu-Ray with a short press or Watch Shield TV with a long press. It works fine as long as you can remember what activity (up to six) is assigned to what. But, realistically, that shouldn't take anyone long to memorize.
  • The location of some of the buttons are very different from the Elite remote.
  • You'll occasionally still need the Elite remote or your smartphone for detailed control.
Bottom line: As a second remote it's a keeper for me for everything I listed under "pluses". The setup pain is a one time thing and not worth fretting over, not for an under $28 add-on. The question is whether it sufficiently addresses the wife's reservations about the Elite. For less than $30 ($20 for a refurb) it's probably worth a try

Last edited:
M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
The Crusaders - "Rural Renewal"

Mostly because I listened to it for free a lot on utube so I felt kind of obligated to do so and I still like collecting these things.

Has some Eric Clapton in there.

Rural Renewal, released in 2003, re-unites founding Crusaders members Joe Sample, Wilton Felder and Stix Hooper. Known for their late 70s world wide hit Street Life, Rural Renewal revisits their soulful jazz heritage with contributions from guitarist Eric Clapton on Rural Renewal and Creepin and vocalist Donnie McClurkin on A Healing Coming On and Sing the Song. Groove gems like Viva De Funk round out the welcome reunion.

hemiram

hemiram

Full Audioholic
I didn't need them, but I got these Tuesday:

And this should be here on Friday to replace my annoying RX-V659, a TSR-7810:
I really like the speakers, hopefully I will like the receiver, too!

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Actually I have the companion in the bedroom, the ultimate home in the living room and the elite in the HT room. The ultimate is definitely my favorite. Between how it feels in the hand, to the button layout, to the responsivness of the buttons (a little bit more clicky than squishy) everything about it is a step up. When I got the Ultimate home I was underwhelmed by it and was therefore worried about the Elite, but was pleasantly surprised. Very cool remote. Highly recommend.
Ultimate is on deep discount today. $139 compared to $299. Might just have to step up to this one.

https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Harmony-Ultimate-Customizable-Cabinet/dp/B00BQ5RY1G/ref=gbps_img_s-4_c182_d5002c01?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_p=ced83fbf-8fc4-4cbf-ae01-e1416bf7c182&pf_rd_s=slot-4&pf_rd_t=701&pf_rd_i=gb_main&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=M17K5KZSPB4VC9E8G48Q&tag=kinjadeals-20&ascsubtag=5e900c7477fdb113a90a1ba56e5f46570860636a&rawdata=[r|https://my.yahoo.com/[t|link[p|1823981246[a|B00BQ5RY1G[au|5727177402741770316[b|theinventory

Last edited:
3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Because I like the sound of the Fleshtones and the CD i bought was their compilation album, I went and ordered off of EBAY their very first album on vinyl. Cannot get it digitally.

WineOfTheVeins

WineOfTheVeins

Audioholic
Another fat load of CDs.
I love getting CDs in near mint condition for a few bucks. Some of them, worth a bunch. Take the original "Siamese Dream" for example, not the junk remastered reissue. And the original issue "The Visit" with original artwork and Quinlan Road {whom I must say make the most gorgeous sounding recordings ever}. Got them both for a few bucks if you look hard enough, typically you're looking at $20-$50. Another GEM was Metric, Fantasies. Look around, typically $75-$100CDN, stole it for $6

Now just keeping my eyes open for a few more rare goodies. Can't seem to find Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness for less than $20 used, and worse, Blue Foundation - Life of a Ghost. You don't wanna know how much those cost.

Make Yourself
Incubus

Morning View
Incubus

Naveed
Our Lady Peace

RIOT!
Paramore

The Mask and Mirror
Loreena McKennitt

The Visit
Mckennitt, Loreena

Fantasies
Metric

Siamese Dream
Smashing Pumpkins

I love gems. :) VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
Ray Obiedo. Excellent percussion and just about everything else. Has that Cuban/Island essence and well recorded. Love the bass on this too. It's the kind of bass that translates well to hi-fi.

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
Ray Obiedo. Excellent percussion and just about everything else. Has that Cuban/Island essence and well recorded. Love the bass on this too. It's the kind of bass that translates well to hi-fi.

I like jazz, will have to check this out!

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
So you're supposed to flip the flap to use it to talk on? Or remove it entirely so you don't flash your cards/cash?
Flip the flap. I enjoy these cases. I've used it with my old LG and really like these cases + they are cheap and protects the glass from a fall, which doesn't happen I baby everything. I normally buy the plAIN BLACK, BUT LIKED THE COLOR DESIGN ON THIS ONE.

Last edited:
j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Another fat load of CDs.
I love getting CDs in near mint condition for a few bucks. Some of them, worth a bunch. Take the original "Siamese Dream" for example, not the junk remastered reissue. And the original issue "The Visit" with original artwork and Quinlan Road {whom I must say make the most gorgeous sounding recordings ever}. Got them both for a few bucks if you look hard enough, typically you're looking at $20-$50. Another GEM was Metric, Fantasies. Look around, typically $75-$100CDN, stole it for $6

Now just keeping my eyes open for a few more rare goodies. Can't seem to find Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness for less than $20 used, and worse, Blue Foundation - Life of a Ghost. You don't wanna know how much those cost.

Make Yourself
Incubus

Morning View
Incubus

Naveed
Our Lady Peace

RIOT!
Paramore

The Mask and Mirror
Loreena McKennitt

The Visit
Mckennitt, Loreena

Fantasies
Metric

Siamese Dream
Smashing Pumpkins

I love gems. :) VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

Mellon Collie is $17 on Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/Mellon-Collie-Infinite-Sadness-2012/dp/B00AEVQZWC/ref=ice_ac_b_dpb?ie=UTF8&qid=1522098205&sr=8-1&keywords=mellon+collie+and+the+infinite+sadness+cd

Mine got stolen a while back but I managed to find it used in excellent condition for ~$10.

When they were on sale, I picked up both Siamese and Gish Deluxe box sets. Some great extras on both of them.

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
bought this cheap ($6) bluetooth adapter for the car, will charge it up and see how/if it works!

IMG_1559.JPG

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
My slimline Marantz receiver died in the living room.

Ordered this for a replacement. For $150 I figured I can't go wrong for now.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis