What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

psbfan9

psbfan9

Audioholic Samurai
For Jazz samplers, I'm thinking of old school groups like De La Soul, A Tribe Called Quest, etc.

If you want hip-hop with real instruments and live bands, then listen to the likes of Guru, J. Davis Trio, and The Roots.
I agree with the above.

I'll also add; Blackalicious, Doujah Raze, The People Under The Stairs, and Pete Philly and Perquisite.
They're many groups like this out there if you want to look for them.

Doujah Raze;

Pete Philly & Perquisite

WineOfTheVeins

WineOfTheVeins

Audioholic
R-561059-1173804388.jpeg.jpg

Oh wow. Still coming down from that amazing listening experience. I am very happy right now. Went to the local thrift store, picked up a great condition Loreena McKennit - The Book of Secrets. I was in a trance throughout track 1-10. Every song was great, I could put that CD on repeat. Incredible. Sounded 10/10, extremely impressive if you know her story and how nobody wanted to sign her so she started her out outfit (Quinlan Road, afterward Warner Bros and one other got on board after seeing her mass success) and my God, as pure and true as it gets. Dynamic range, depth, vocals and instrumentals were absolute dynamite. If you like Celtic kind of music with an extremely talented female bellowing out her soul, and Angel on the instrumentals, get this album.
Best $3 I've spent haha. Original label, 1997 I believe. If you see one, buy it, thank me later.

Now i am on the hunt for Midwinter Night's Dream album. Seeds of Love brings tears to my eyes every time, plus the artwork is gorgeous.

Last edited:
slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I agree with the above.

I'll also add; Blackalicious, Doujah Raze, The People Under The Stairs, and Pete Philly and Perquisite.
They're many groups like this out there if you want to look for them.

Doujah Raze;

Pete Philly & Perquisite

Hey, thanks! I am not familiar with Doujah Raze or Pete Philly at all, I will have to add them to my list of artists to check out.

People Under the Stairs--yeah, really underground stuff! I've seen them live 3 times now, and they never disappoint!

I have also seen Blackalicious 3 times live. I've also seen several other members of Quannum Collective live int he past.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
View attachment 23728

Oh wow. Still coming down from that amazing listening experience. I am very happy right now. Went to the local thrift store, picked up a great condition Loreena McKennit - The Book of Secrets. I was in a trance throughout track 1-10. Every song was great, I could put that CD on repeat. Incredible. Sounded 10/10, extremely impressive if you know her story and how nobody wanted to sign her so she started her out outfit (Quinlan Road, afterward Warner Bros and one other got on board after seeing her mass success) and my God, as pure and true as it gets. Dynamic range, depth, vocals and instrumentals were absolute dynamite. If you like Celtic kind of music with an extremely talented female bellowing out her soul, and Angel on the instrumentals, get this album.
Best $3 I've spent haha. Original label, 1997 I believe. If you see one, buy it, thank me later.

Now i am on the hunt for Midwinter Night's Dream album. Seeds of Love brings tears to my eyes every time, plus the artwork is gorgeous.
See if you can find Live in Paris and Toronto too, it is also excellent.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
View attachment 23728

My wife has all of her albums. She came to Ottawa and played at the NAC. I took her to the concert. It was very well done. I find that all of her CDs are very well mastered.

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
Decided to try them out -- the Infinity Classia C205 speakers -- for $87 shipped from Ebay -- should be here by the end of the week.
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600 (1).jpg
s-l1600 (2).jpg

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Decided to try them out -- the Infinity Classia C205 speakers -- for $87 shipped from Ebay -- should be here by the end of the week.
Those a pretty cool-looking. Never heard of them before. Interesting is the twin wall-hanging hooks, they apparently expect many people to use them on walls.

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
Those a pretty cool-looking. Never heard of them before. Interesting is the twin wall-hanging hooks, they apparently expect many people to use them on walls.
It seems that they did the hooks for use as surrounds for those who would buy the Classia towers as fronts -- however, I will put them on stands. It seems that they made the Classia as replacements for the former Beta series, with a higher build quality. I expect them to be decent/nice and linear sounding with some decent bass for their size. I also plan to open them up and look inside. The marketing in the USA was poor, and the prices seemed a little high.

bigbassdave

bigbassdave

Full Audioholic
Just bought a DENON AVR-X4300H and four Monoprice in-ceiling speakers. HELLO ATMOS!

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
Well, as the Audio World Turns, the seller checked the speakers before he was going to ship them, and one of the tweeters is blown. I will not be able to listen to them. He refunded my money, so I will now look at the Infinity Reference speakers, which have been receiving good reports.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Well, as the Audio World Turns, the seller checked the speakers before he was going to ship them, and one of the tweeters is blown. I will not be able to listen to them. He refunded my money, so I will now look at the Infinity Reference speakers, which have been receiving good reports.
I thought you already had them! Better to know now and have a cooperative seller. OTOH, keep an eye on that seller because that seemed a steal of a price and they might be just fine. He may relist them.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Got them last Friday (I think) and watched them over the weekend. Really good!
First_4K_movies.jpg

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
OTOH, keep an eye on that seller because that seemed a steal of a price and they might be just fine. He may relist them.
I will keep an eye out -- and I really wanted to hear them and throw them against the Canton

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
From Crutchfield for $100 off the kit. Came with the hub, remote, charger cradle, couple IR Blasters. Works great! I still have much to learn though. I got to retire remotes for cable box, AVR, Blu-ray player and TV. I'm sure I could also lose the one for the CD changer but I haven't even powered that up in 6 months.

harmony-elite-gallery1.jpg

sholling

sholling

Audioholic Ninja
From Crutchfield for $100 off the kit. Came with the hub, remote, charger cradle, couple IR Blasters. Works great! I still have much to learn though. I got to retire remotes for cable box, AVR, Blu-ray player and TV. I'm sure I could also lose the one for the CD changer but I haven't even powered that up in 6 months.
Great choice! I have mine controlling my LG TV, my Denon Receiver, my FIOS TV box, my Sony BD player, and my NVIDIA Shield TV. It also plays nicely with Amazon Echos and Samsung Smartthings home control hubs.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Still can't get my wife to use it, which sucks because she's the reason I bought it. She complained about "too many remotes", but hates anything with a touch screen. I like it though.

sholling

sholling

Audioholic Ninja
Still can't get my wife to use it, which sucks because she's the reason I bought it. She complained about "too many remotes", but hates anything with a touch screen. I like it though.
In fairness, the touch screen of the Elite's remote is a bit too sensitive and too responsive which can make it too easy to accidentally change activities. I wonder if you can use this Harmony Remote Add-on for the Ultimate with the very similar Elite. It's limited to six of your activities but that's enough for most people and would give you his and hers remotes :). The three activity buttons each give access to two activities via short or long presses. These lack the granularity of control that the Elite's remote has but, if compatible (see compatibility chart), should work well enough for everyday use.

https://support.myharmony.com/en-us/harmony-add-on

From Amazon:
  • Add-on companion remote for Harmony Ultimate Hub*: A simple Harmony remote anyone in the house can use when your primary remote or mobile app is not handy (*Requires Harmony Ultimate Hub, sold separately. Not compatible with Harmony Home Hub).
  • One-touch Activity control: Press one button, like "Watch A Movie", and the right devices power on and switch to the right settings

Last edited:
KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
I just might have to get that "analog" remote for her to use. The photo I posted is what I have, including the hub shown but I don't know which it is because the names confuse me. I guess it's the "Harmony Hub"?

https://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/harmony-elite?crid=60

If I have to also buy a different hub, I'm just going to return the whole thing, keep my existing remotes and deal with it.

She just told me she tried it again this morning and "screwed everything up." The touchscreen is indeed EXTREMELY sensitive. I'm accustomed to smartphones and this is really "touchy."

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis