What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Dislike the OEM overpriced ones. Bought previous gen of this one for the car and liked it so much I wanted another, well the new one came out and was on sale

jcparks

jcparks

Full Audioholic
Got a Rotel RB991 today. Found it at a used record store in Monterey for $330. Got it home and tested it and the left channel is out. Popped the top off, replace a 5 dollar fuse amd it works like a dream. I think I did pretty good for what I spent.
20180408_192729.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
A Mark Levinson No. 585 Integrated and a Lumin S1
That Lumin S1 is a VERY nice music player/DAC, from the looks of the specs. A total of 16 DAC chips per channel, at least a pair of ESS Sabre 9018's per channel. Lots of redundancy there.

Given the cost, the Mark Levinson integrated amp is a comparative bargain. Is the DAC in that just not up to par?

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Lit up keyboard for android. 8 bucks why not. :D:eek:
I've got a couple of these, 1 lights up and 1 doesn't. Pretty much the exact same layout is produced by various manufacturers. Likely all coming out of the same Chinese factory and just gets a different name on it.

They work pretty well. They are pretty popular for RPi, and I use 1 to control my HTPC in my HT.

Since you said for Android, I'm assuming these are BT? Mine all use a USB dongle.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
I've got a couple of these, 1 lights up and 1 doesn't. Pretty much the exact same layout is produced by various manufacturers. Likely all coming out of the same Chinese factory and just gets a different name on it.

They work pretty well. They are pretty popular for RPi, and I use 1 to control my HTPC in my HT.

Since you said for Android, I'm assuming these are BT? Mine all use a USB dongle.
These are with the USB dongle. I'll be using it for my android box(Netflix, Amazon Prime and recently added yesterday Hulu Trial.) I have basically the same keyboard but without lights. Model is MINI i8. Like you said they are all rebadged and arrive from china. Here is the link for the seller if anyone is interested. He has the cheapest price i've seen:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2-4G-Mini-Wireless-Remote-Keyboard-Mouse-for-Samsung-LG-Smart-TV-Android-TV-Box/282745282981?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
That is a keyboard for us old farts!:)
The one AL2 linked is smaller than a 4" X 6" index card, for typing with your thumbs!

I don't like the tiny little phone keys :) I use swype on my phone even... For it to be moderately useful, I need something that is at least laptop/chromebook size lol.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
I don't like the tiny little phone keys :) I use swype on my phone even... For it to be moderately useful, I need something that is at least laptop/chromebook size lol.
I have one of thos little keyboards, it was ok but the range was horrible and it was unusable in my living room on my htpc. I ended up with one of these.
Logitech K400 Plus Wireless Touch TV Keyboard with Easy Media Control and Built-In Touchpad https://www.amazon.com/dp/B014EUQOGK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_XE9YAbSPG3MN5
so much more usable.

Like I said old farts!
I really have no idea how old you are, I just know my daughter can out-type me with just her thumbs when I am using a full keyboard! LOL!

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Got a Rotel RB991 today. Found it at a used record store in Monterey for $330. Got it home and tested it and the left channel is out. Popped the top off, replace a 5 dollar fuse amd it works like a dream. I think I did pretty good for what I spent. View attachment 23945

I am truly shocked, but if you hadn't fixed it so cheaply, likely the record store owner had pay nearly top dollar for it. This is not exactly same model, but also 2x200wpc Rotel amp, a bit newer model i think.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-Rotel-RB-1080-Power-Amplifier-with-original-packaging-/263493687826?epid=110970108&hash=item3d59729a12:g:UVYAAOSwLUpagn-D&nma=true&si=9wK3wCTrlsoRXYO1W8lPi15aZH8%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I have one of thos little keyboards, it was ok but the range was horrible and it was unusable in my living room on my htpc. I ended up with one of these.
Logitech K400 Plus Wireless Touch TV Keyboard with Easy Media Control and Built-In Touchpad https://www.amazon.com/dp/B014EUQOGK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_XE9YAbSPG3MN5
so much more usable.

Yeah, the Logitechs are superior. But, they are larger and more expensive.

I'm not doing much typing on the small ones, usually just an entry in a search field. Otherwise, it's just the arrow keys, volume, enter, and an occasional mouse move and click.

I have a full sized wireless keyboard and wireless trackball mouse for any real work, but those take up a lot of real estate in the living room, so I swapped to the tiny keyboards for daily use.

jcparks

jcparks

Full Audioholic
Yeah, the Logitechs are superior. But, they are larger and more expensive.

I'm not doing much typing on the small ones, usually just an entry in a search field. Otherwise, it's just the arrow keys, volume, enter, and an occasional mouse move and click.

I have a full sized wireless keyboard and wireless trackball mouse for any real work, but those take up a lot of real estate in the living room, so I swapped to the tiny keyboards for daily use.
Honestly I probably would have kept using it if the range wasn't such an issue, but I wasn't able to use it from my couch, so I got the Logitech.

jcparks

jcparks

Full Audioholic
Like I said old farts!
I really have no idea how old you are, I just know my daughter can out-type me with just her thumbs when I am using a full keyboard! LOL!
I dont know that I'm old enough to be an old fart yet, but I officially have a teenager as of last month so I think I may be approaching "old fart" territory.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I purchased this album at 180gm to replace the existing copy that I have as my old turntable chewed it up good.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Other items I have purchased;

Used vinyl

Used vinyl

CD

Used vinyl

and

jcparks

jcparks

Full Audioholic
I purchased this album at 180gm to replace the existing copy that I have as my old turntable chewed it up good.

I have been watching the used record stores for "Brothers in Arms" but have not had any luck so far... I may just have to buy a new copy.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis