What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
WTF is right, the 3D is $54!

Guessing this one had a lot of preorders, which is why it would be out of stock.
$54. Holy crap. I thought $30 was high for the 4K. Have no plans on buying the emitter or glasses so I don't have to think about that version.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
My slimline Marantz receiver died in the living room.

Ordered this for a replacement. For $150 I figured I can't go wrong for now.
Yeah, I keep doing a double take on those prices for the reconditioned Integras at 75%+ discount and with 2 year warranty.
I know Integra/Onkyo has had reliability issues, but I would think that they fixed the root cause of the HDMI failures that I believe were the big issues.
In any case, they would not make anything if they sell it for $150 then have to eat the cost of repair and parts.
The THX certification seems like good assurance that the amp section is a solid design despite the low cost (the Yamaha A860 that Gene reviewed has me somewhat wary of lower cost AVR's, maybe only Yamaha is cutting corners on the PS end, but THX puts the mind at ease)!

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
My slimline Marantz receiver died in the living room.

Ordered this for a replacement. For $150 I figured I can't go wrong for now.
I have that same model. Bought it used in mint condition about 3 months ago. Works great thus far. Enjoy

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Made me think of this!
Not sure why it got discontinued!
This is just the 1ft extension cables though, not the strip with them hanging off. You can plug them into anything. With so many devices having large wall warts these days, it becomes an issue for something like the APC. Can't put them on the bottom and if you put them on the top, they block the one next to or below.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
WTF is right, the 3D is $54!

Guessing this one had a lot of preorders, which is why it would be out of stock.
I see 4k at $28, out of stock as is the BD. Don't even see a 3D version listed.

ps. just called my local Costco. over a 100 in stock and is $23. So, on my next trip in that direction, I'll get one.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Love this new Elephone S8 so darn fast. Took awhile to get the sim card up and running but now this thing is blazing past my old LG. The screen is alot bigger than I'm used to. The 2K screen is breath taking for sure. I'm super happy and what a great deal on both phone and case. Look:

Last edited:
adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Ordered a few toys this week.

Got a Luma meshnetwork wifi system. Normally 300 got it for $99. Works great and much better coverage through the house.

As Staples does not support their connect Hub I ordered a Samsung Smart things hub to do cover my Z-wave lighting, thermostat etc. What is cool is it integrates with Alexa as well so....

I ordered two Dots. One for the kid and one for the kitchen. Kid got a Google home for Christmas but wanted an Alexa because we have all the Amazon services but my parents don't always listen. :( She has two powered speakers so she will connect to those with the 3.5mm.

So next week I will be having some fun seeing how well all this will come together. The luma also has Alexa skill built in so I can pause it by voice.

hemiram

hemiram

Full Audioholic
Yamaha tsr-7810 receiver Refurb
Old Yamaha bookshelf stereo and speakers. For my PC.
Cables to hook up the bookshelf stereo.
Q Acoustics 3020 speakers.
Polk LSiM 703 speakers.
Isolation pads.
12 gauge speaker wire.
Banana plugs.
Wood to build sound control panels.
Towels from Goodwill to put into panels.

I'm done, except for a new BD player. I was going to get an Oppo, but now....

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Price went down so I got a backup 2 in 1 Bluetooth V4.2 Audio Transmitter/Receiver(8hr battery):

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Just got one of these, figured had to try before they're gone. Disappointed in that I missed that they dropped streaming app services...hard to replace the bluray player I was using that had several useful video streaming apps as well as audio...this may end up being returned but I'll think about it for a while. It works. Can't say it has better audio or video, tho but I just plugged it in and am watching a new to me bluray as well....
blu-ray-udp-203.jpg

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis