What are you watching tonight?

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
Of to the cinema to check is there something to this. I'll let you know if you want.

upload_2017-9-1_18-58-38.jpeg

Later EDIT: It was amusing in a good way. I don't particularly enjoy amusing movies. This story has been told. US seems to like this period in its history. And, as expected, US is portrayed in a black & white technique as being good. Perhaps this is not a point to make on an American website, but what the heck.

Last edited:
Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Hmm, I will definitely watch it.
I've watched it twice and plan to again. I want to like it, but it can be pretty slow in some spots and my attention wanders. So even though I saw it twice I still missed stuff.

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
I've watched it twice and plan to again. I want to like it, but it can be pretty slow in some spots and my attention wanders. So even though I saw it twice I still missed stuff.
If you allow one spoiler-free notion to serve as a frame through which to see this movie at least for one viewing:
~ The limits of my language mean the limits of my world

Ludwing Wittgenstein

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
I like to think I'm less of a d!ck in Cro but YMMV ... or is that not the central message?
It isn't. I am the biggest D in all the languages (or countries, it is not clear from what you wrote, funny enough this is what the movie is all about, these misunderstandings creating conflicts:rolleyes:)

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
I've seen Kim Dotcom Caught in The Web. It's a documentary about Internet piracy and beyond. I recommend it. It's not one dimensional and a lot of interesting details emerged since the whole case started.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I didnt get to watch the two flicks I wanted as my daughters b/f wanted me to watch this one with him.

It was entertaining enough .

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
I didnt get to watch the two flicks I wanted as my daughters b/f wanted me to watch this one with him.

It was entertaining enough .

Great wall, Wow. Without MD, that movie would largely be completely ignored by western viewers. China is spending lots of money on movies nowadays:
http://www.latimes.com/business/hollywood/la-fi-ct-wanda-theme-park-20170727-story.html
http://fortune.com/2017/05/22/china-hollywood-movie-film-box-office/
http://www.businessinsider.com/hollywood-movies-in-china-2016-10
Some ok , some big flops. The Great Wall, is more like someone with LOTS of Money is allowed to pretend they could make decent movies. 100% flop, visually entertaining - yes, but otherwise a total piece of crap.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
I finished watching the new Vietnam War series by Ken Burns and Lynn Novick. Very good! I don't normally like Ken Burns documentaries, but this one was much better than the WW2 and civil war one. Watch this one if you get the chance, it is really tremendous.

jliedeka

jliedeka

Audioholic General
I just started watching Mindhunter, the Netflix series directed by David Fincher. I got sucked in pretty quickly and watched the first four episodes last night. I expect I'll get through the remaining six by tomorrow.

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
I just started watching Mindhunter, the Netflix series directed by David Fincher. I got sucked in pretty quickly and watched the first four episodes last night. I expect I'll get through the remaining six by tomorrow.
Forgot about that one. And there I was banging my head against the wall what to watch next. Thanks.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis