Upgrading svs pb-1000

rockhound100bopd

rockhound100bopd

Junior Audioholic
So since I was in the SVS stuff prior, what is the skinny on the svs prime bookshelf/towers and center?

isolar8001

isolar8001

Audioholic General
So since I was in the SVS stuff prior, what is the skinny on the svs prime bookshelf/towers and center?
It's going to be hard to recommend things when you go from 500 to 1500 bucks from one post to another ;)
This could go on for months...

rockhound100bopd

rockhound100bopd

Junior Audioholic
It's going to be hard to recommend things when you go from 500 to 1500 bucks from one post to another ;)
This could go on for months...
I know. I have a hard time pulling the trigger in things I don't have a good understanding of. I was looking to spend around a grand.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
What does that even mean? Do you understand the relationships involved?
I'd suggest understanding those relationships before assuming you need something more. If you do need more amp in the Denon lineup you need to go to the X3xxx and above series for a full set of pre-outs.

rockhound100bopd

rockhound100bopd

Junior Audioholic
I'd suggest understanding those relationships before assuming you need something more. If you do need more amp in the Denon lineup you need to go to the X3xxx and above series for a full set of pre-outs.
I really do appreciate all the help, and I wish I knew more about all this stuff.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I really do appreciate all the help, and I wish I knew more about all this stuff.
Just takes a while, and you're in a good spot to get good information. As to handling the speakers, yes, the avr can handle the speakers, but not as well as a better avr as the review mentions....but will be fine for most puposes....extremely spirited/loud listening sessions, maybe not so much as a better amp would. Unfortunately your model of avr doesn't have a full set of pre-outs so that you can use an external amp like the reviewer did....the amp the reviewer is using is capable of quite a bit of power (rated north of 600wpc into 4 ohm, over 1000 wpc into 2 ohms...

Try using this spl calculator to help understand the relationship of power to your speakers better http://www.hometheaterengineering.com/splcalculator.html

rockhound100bopd

rockhound100bopd

Junior Audioholic
Like I said above at some point, the local home theater store (would always like to buy local if I can) might have me sold on these Martin Logan - Motion Foundation B2 shelf speakers and center. Before I pull the trigger on them, could I get an opinion from you guys?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
The only Martin Logans I've heard are their electrostatics....and haven't seen much about the Foundation series

rockhound100bopd

rockhound100bopd

Junior Audioholic
So these Martin Logan Foundation B2s have an impedence of 5 ohms and the center has an impedence of 4 ohms. Most of the other bookshelves I see are 8. Is this going to be a problem for my x1700H?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis