Top 10 Subwoofers in the World!!!

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Haha, so was everyone else. Even with all the help he still just don't get it Irv. Wasted effort is right.

F

funky waves

Junior Audioholic
Saying x# of X sub beats a single Y sub does not make the X sub a better sub, you could say a better sub system, but not a better sub. Your thread said top subwoofer in the world, not top subwoofer system. And if price is open why do you keep bringing it up as a factor?

R

ridikas

Banned
Funky Waves, of course you're right! But that doesn't really change anything about this list... It is what it is. And I like it! :D

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
Funky Waves, of course you're right! But that doesn't really change anything about this list... It is what it is. And I like it! :D
He's right, but it makes no difference to you? Congratulations! You've just become the first contributor on my ignore list.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
As long as he is not calling me names and insulting me, I can't put him on my ignore list. :eek:

My dual Funk 18.0 subs should be due soon (Oklahoma) ;) , so for the love of god, please put Funk Audio on your list already! :D

Funk, Seaton, JTR, JL, Paradigm, SVS, Rythmik, HSU, Epik, Velodyne, KEF, and whatever happened to that 18" Revel Ultima2 sub that retailed like $16K or something? :eek:

ratso

ratso

Full Audioholic
i read all this thread, and the last one too :)o). and i must say, if this guy is a troll he's a damn polite and good natured one. :confused:

so yes, this is a silly thread. and so was the last one. but dammit, you go girl.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
They cancelled the program. $10K. $8K street price. I was sniffing around for one before I heard the DD18+.
I'm glad they canceled it. I don't like powered subs. Pure personal preference, of course. That's one reason I love Funk subs - you have 100% say in the make of all your subs - powered or unpowered. Now that is power to the consumer! :D

High quality subs 100% tailored to your pure personal preference. :D

If anything ever happens to my Rythmik's sub amps, I'll probably get some more non-powered Funk subs.

Last edited:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
i read all this thread, and the last one too :)o). and i must say, if this guy is a troll he's a damn polite and good natured one. :confused:

so yes, this is a silly thread. and so was the last one. but dammit, you go girl.
And since this just a hobby for us and not a profession, I don't mind silly, nutty, loopy, crazy. :D

The key is politeness and good nature, as you pointed out. :D

I'd take a million polite & good nature ridikas over some of the people who would insult me and call me names. Those are the people I place on my Ignore List. ;)

Cruise Missile

Cruise Missile

Full Audioholic
I guess I have to start over with my theater now that I've read this thread.

I have two SVS PB-13 Ultras that are only running 10-13% of their capability in my room.

It was stated that "if you can't use the full capability, you don't have a proper theater".

-Bummer :eek:

R

ridikas

Banned
Let us know if you need any help, or ideas with your new project! :)

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.

I have two SVS PB-13 Ultras that are only running 10-13% of their capability in my room.

It was stated that "if you can't use the full capability, you don't have a proper theater".

Justa suggestion, use ear plugs and run the volume up to 11.;):D

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord

Sucks for you!

BTW, I know they are not good for much, but how much ya want for those old Ultras?:)

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Sucks for you!

BTW, I know they are not good for much, but how much ya want for those old Ultras?:)
That's too much subwoofer for you, no way you even break 20% in room. How about we each take one this will boost our percentage up greatly and everybody wins :D

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
I'm just surprised he's not listing his favorite maker, Goldmund and their Metis Sub :eek:

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
My ten favorite commercially available subs because I'm a biased man.

In no particular order:

JL Audio Fathom f113 it's small and sleak with incredible SPL in the upper ranges. It's also not ugly. I would probably own one if I didn't build my own sub. (I prefer the shorter one's looks)

Funky Waves 18.3 I love PR-s and I love TC sounds. They do a fantastic finishing job and you get the best bass possible

SVS Ultra Cylinder. I love the idea of having a couple tubes in my theater. It's innovative and effective.

Seaton Submersive. I love subs that look good. Sound good and deliver. This one certainly does.

HSU STF-2. It's a fantastic value at 349 that won't break a budget. They make other great subs, but they also offer one of the gems below 500.

Elemental Designs A-3 300. Another value sub offering at 600 they offer deep notes without breaking the bank.

Danley TH-Spud. Need a new step for your theater. This sub will amaze you while pulling less energy than your traditional subs. A tapped horn build is an innovative approach that uses a small driver for big sound.

Epik Empire. Another great sealed sub under 1k.

CraigSUB SS-18.1. Thought he's not a popular figure in many circles his strong opinions do lead to very solid subs and the passive option might be preferred by some. He offers a unique option.

Velodyne Optimum In-Wall. For those who only want in wall options Velodyne actually offer a decent(expensive) approach.

There are many great subs for many situations that's why it's always good to ask for help, but there are numerous options with great companies, great products and great engineers pushing the envelope. The idea that 2 or 3 companies are the only ones offering great subs points to a lack of research.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis