Landmonster's Subwoofer quest is over (or just started?) = dual Monolith 16 Ultras

Did Landmonster order too much subwoofer output?

• Total voters
William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
With the Outlaws, the red light is on when in standby, turns green when powered. For me, there is always a light.
I guess that’s the case for most. In my mind I I just went to thinking green was on all the time, and not going into standby. I should werk on my Englishing and compreehenshun.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Polk kinda did that to themselves, they were quite the splash when they first arrived on the scene, but sort of became more of a commodity brand for middle of the road best buy in recent years and the brand is just one of several at Sound United now. They have somewhat come up with some more impressive model lines recently, like the Legends, but even that's more a play on their past.
The Legends are more than just a play on their past. That might be a bit true of the L800s, but the L600s, L400s, and L200s are all fantastic speakers in their own right. Some of the Reserve speakers are turning out to be really good as well. Wait till you see what I am finding with the Reserve L700s...

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
I'm not hating on them. But Speakers are SQ, above all else. I know the L series you have are generally well regarded.
You should enjoy them, but if you think there is another upgrade you should spend money on... then the Speakers become the logical choice. That's all.
And if you do choose to, as I said, no reason not to enjoy them for a few years as you fill your HT Piggy Bank. :)
The LSim series is truly good. It will not be cheap to get something that can significantly top those.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis