Tekton Enzo - The most inexpensive speakers that is in the league with high-end speaker

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SearchofSub

Banned
yo rocky, whats that rack you got on your picture posted up on AVS? Is it sanus? thanks bro!

Last edited:
fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Tekton Enzo - The most inexpensive speakers that is in the league with high-e...

If you don't have an SACD player now why would you need one later? Furthermore if you had just gotten an Oppo 103 or 105 you would have an SACD player, media player, and DAC all in one.

AFAIK that Sony isn't an SACD player. Do you know what an SACD is?

S

SearchofSub

Banned
Isnt it super audio CD? on my Sony BX-59, it does allow super audio CD playback..

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
Isnt it super audio CD? on my Sony BX-59, it does allow super audio CD playback..
I DON'T KNOW WHY WE ARE EVEN TALKING ABOUT WHAT THE OP IS GOING TO BUY, THERE IS NO SENSE IN IT...

I just had a Blueberry bagel with cream cheese, first I was in a hurry to eat after my workout, so I didn't toast it, but then a couple of bites in, my hunger was subsiding and I wanted it toasted, but it now had cream cheese on it, so I got a piece of paper towel and scraped the cream cheese off as best I could {arms still shaking from workout} and then put the bagel with 2 bites out of it in the toaster, well it smelt funny {probably burning cheese} so I tried to remove it before it was done and it got stuck in the toaster, then I bent the toaster face trying to get it out {cheap stainless steel}, so I ended up tossing the entire thing in the trash can in anger {don't forget, I just got done with my 5am workout which was a little over an hour of torturing myself with 140lb skull crushers and 380lb bench presses}, so then I pour myself a bowl of frosted flakes, but there isnt a whole bowl in the box, so I chop up some bananas, and strawberries and add some soy milk and go sit on the porch off of my kitchen, everyone in the house is sleeping still... a couple minutes later I'm eating my cereal and it is delicious, I hear the smoke alarms {they are all wired together so when one goes off they all go off}, I take my cereal and rush into the kitchen, but one of my slippers gets stuck in the porch swing base and I almost fall, it takes all my strength to not drop my cereal..
The friggen trash can is on fire, so I put my cereal down on the counter and reach under the counter for the fire extinguisher, when I reach under the counter, I put my other hand on top of the counter to hold myself up while I bend over {all the smoke alarms still blaring}, well when I put my hand on the counter I put it rite in the paper towel full of cream cheese, still needing to put the fire out, I ignore the hand full of cream cheese dripping down my arm and pull the pin {which is now stuck in the cream cheese} and finally extinguish the trash can fire...

My wife comes down stairs rite in the middle of this and in her fashion begins to panic and throws my cereal on the fire after I already put it out!!! So now I still have no breakfast... And my wife cant understand why I'm covered in cream cheese in my boxer shorts with one slipper on at 6:30am holding a fire extinguisher over a toaster fire in our trash can yelling about my frosted flakes....

This is a true story, my friggen Sunday morning, Im starving...

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
oh boy, time for some more product research. Man so much sh!t to buy for a good sound. :D

I do have the Sony BX-59. Maybe I'll use that.
Remember SACD from that Sony BX-59 (http://www.docs.sony.com/release/specs/BDPBX59_mksp.pdf) will only play SACD/DSD from its HDMI output so what are you going to connect that HDMI output to ?

Here's the deal,, forget about the DAC and it's fancy companion amp get a OPPO 105 and a AVR some Ascend sierra towers or SVS Ultra towers speakers or move up the food chain and order some Phil3 speakers. But since you live in a jungle somewhere ( who's knows, tell us) imports fees might require you to just enjoy an ipod and ear buds.

Last edited:
fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Tekton Enzo - The most inexpensive speakers that is in the league with high-e...

Hahahahahaha :D

I DON'T KNOW WHY WE ARE EVEN TALKING ABOUT WHAT THE OP IS GOING TO BUY, THERE IS NO SENSE IN IT...

I just had a Blueberry bagel with cream cheese, first I was in a hurry to eat after my workout, so I didn't toast it, but then a couple of bites in, my hunger was subsiding and I wanted it toasted, but it now had cream cheese on it, so I got a piece of paper towel and scraped the cream cheese off as best I could {arms still shaking from workout} and then put the bagel with 2 bites out of it in the toaster, well it smelt funny {probably burning cheese} so I tried to remove it before it was done and it got stuck in the toaster, then I bent the toaster face trying to get it out {cheap stainless steel}, so I ended up tossing the entire thing in the trash can in anger {don't forget, I just got done with my 5am workout which was a little over an hour of torturing myself with 140lb skull crushers and 380lb bench presses}, so then I pour myself a bowl of frosted flakes, but there isnt a whole bowl in the box, so I chop up some bananas, and strawberries and add some soy milk and go sit on the porch off of my kitchen, everyone in the house is sleeping still... a couple minutes later I'm eating my cereal and it is delicious, I hear the smoke alarms {they are all wired together so when one goes off they all go off}, I take my cereal and rush into the kitchen, but one of my slippers gets stuck in the porch swing base and I almost fall, it takes all my strength to not drop my cereal..
The friggen trash can is on fire, so I put my cereal down on the counter and reach under the counter for the fire extinguisher, when I reach under the counter, I put my other hand on top of the counter to hold myself up while I bend over {all the smoke alarms still blaring}, well when I put my hand on the counter I put it rite in the paper towel full of cream cheese, still needing to put the fire out, I ignore the hand full of cream cheese dripping down my arm and pull the pin {which is now stuck in the cream cheese} and finally extinguish the trash can fire...

My wife comes down stairs rite in the middle of this and in her fashion begins to panic and throws my cereal on the fire after I already put it out!!! So now I still have no breakfast... And my wife cant understand why I'm covered in cream cheese in my boxer shorts with one slipper on at 6:30am holding a fire extinguisher over a toaster fire in our trash can yelling about my frosted flakes....

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja

Your wife sounds like a wise woman ;)

PS; I took the homemade biscuit route, split open butter in each side, into the toaster oven removed and covered with fresh corn cob jelly YUM YUM [video=youtube;MR3kI_LHMDI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MR3kI_LHMDI[/video] PS: it taste just like honey

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
Well, I finally got breakfast, my friend Chris brought his kids over {we are babysitting until tomorrow night for them} and after hearing about my breakfast fire, brought me a pretzel bagel with bacon and eggs from the deli near his house, I kept it away from my wife and ate it as fast as I could... Its almost lunch time, and I am getting hungry again, I think Im going to let me wife take care of making me lunch... Im home all day today and all day tomorrow and she is already making comments like "stay out of my kitchen" and "why don't you find something to do?" But Im getting hungry..

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
And my wife cant understand why I'm covered in cream cheese in my boxer shorts with one slipper on at 6:30am holding a fire extinguisher over a toaster fire in our trash can yelling about my frosted flakes....
Yeah, like that's never happened before...

:D

psbfan9

psbfan9

Audioholic Samurai
I'm covered in cream cheese in my boxer shorts with one slipper on at 6:30am holding a fire extinguisher over a toaster fire in our trash can yelling about my frosted flakes....

I had a similar experience at fat camp. But I was wearing Sesame Street footie pajamas...and ten years old.

G

Grador

Audioholic Field Marshall
ImcLoud, that sounds like the worst morning (short of your house actually burning down).

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
ImcLoud, that sounds like the worst morning (short of your house actually burning down).
Yeah, that would have been bad, my wife loves this house, and I would have never had time to get all my speakers out..

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
You work out with 380 on bench? You must be huge.
give me a break, I'm getting old, lol but yes 380, granted its on a leverage machine since I work out alone at 5am and would hate to have my wife and kids have to try and lift 400lbs off my corpse, I have a complete 500 sq foot pro quality gym in my house, 3 bags, hack squat, cable crossover, 2 preachers {1 leverage 1 free}, standing squat {I know oxymoron}, a couple lat pulls and presses, I just got a brand new chest supported midrow machine, seated chest row and press, I even have a designated calf raise bench, plus the bench press with 2 benches {straight and adjustable}, and a rack of course...I have a lot of leverage but all freeweight, no stacks...

I used to do much more than 380, but I work out in pyramids, so 380 to failure, take away 90 to failure, take away 70 to failure, take away 50 to failure, and so on until you can not even llift the bar, all in sequence and FAST... Keeping an eye on my heart rate the entire time, doing this with free bar is dangerous with 2 spotters, because your brain tells you, you can do 5 more but your body often stops at 3... But 380 is the same weight I use when I have spotters on a free bar, so... Im 6'5" 300 at times.. Im heavy now because Im always eating and coming off a pretty severe shoulder injury/surgery, some guys on here will remember that, I know I do...
If I ever got paid to push on metal, I would be a millionaire.............

S

SearchofSub

Banned
Remember SACD from that Sony BX-59 (http://www.docs.sony.com/release/specs/BDPBX59_mksp.pdf) will only play SACD/DSD from its HDMI output so what are you going to connect that HDMI output to ?

Here's the deal,, forget about the DAC and it's fancy companion amp get a OPPO 105 and a AVR some Ascend sierra towers or SVS Ultra towers speakers or move up the food chain and order some Phil3 speakers. But since you live in a jungle somewhere ( who's knows, tell us) imports fees might require you to just enjoy an ipod and ear buds.

I think I am going to stick with the Tekton Pendragons. As far as the seperates go.. honestly you guys cant tell the difference in sound and overall presentation between the three??

OPPO 105 in DSD (overall okay sound. Ok presentation)

OPPO BDP-105 DSD file playback test - YouTube

Audio GD Master 1,3. (Very neutral)

Audio GD (Pre-Power Amplifier Master series) On Test 1 - YouTube

Bakoon 12R (Now, this is for those of you who are old. When the vocals come out of this demo, in your own room you can see it as forward filling the room. You can tell how this amp sounds because there are cell phones and pagers going off in the backround but yet the vocals stay focused and forward and out and imaged while the insruments are in the back of the room.
You can also tell this amp is very musical.

High End Munich 2013: Bakoon Products #3 /Klutz - YouTube

The Oppo 105 are using Sabre chips and are very very convinient..

S

SearchofSub

Banned
BTW lower your computer speakers volume when watching the videos because the higher they are (assuming you dont have expensive speakers or headphone/ the more distorted it will get in the higher range and you wont be able to hear the difference.)

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord

Are you seriously comparing amplifiers and other electronics with YouTube videos?

I saw a picture of a pyramid once, it was basically the same as being in Egypt standing in front of one :rolleyes:

G

Grador

Audioholic Field Marshall
I swear guys, I was just watching videos on youtube for different hummus recipes, and if you set the volume just right you can actually taste them. Though this very scientific process I have determined that the best tasting video was a simple garlic and jalapeno version. It was very simple to make. Buy a can of garbanzo beans, strain them and throw in a food processor. Give them a quick spin to lightly chop them. Add a little bit of tahini, start with about 1 tablespoon, you can add more later to taste. Turn the food processor back on and drizzle in olive oil at a reasonable pace until visually you believe you have enough. Stop the processor again, hopefully at this point you don't quite yet have a paste. Add in 2 to 5 cloves of garlic [to taste] and between 2 and 5 jalapenos [depending upon desired level of spice]. Now it's time to really let the processor do it's thing. You should end up with a nice paste, it may be prudent to add a little water if it seems to dry. Enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis