So just what is it that bothers our maga folk about transgender particularly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
jinjuku

jinjuku

If it had happened at a school, it would be quite inappropriate. Being staged at a bar, I would question parents' judgement more than anything else.
Still not appropriate regardless. Different locations don't mean different contexts.

jinjuku

jinjuku

There have been some strong stances taken in this thread on the issues (plural, as it isn't just one) surrounding transgenderism. Indeed, there isn't much room for nuance in the debate.

This piece on appropriate care for kids seems quite reasonable to me.
I made that point pages ago: The government needs to stay out of healthcare and the medical bodies need to figure it out.

My only caveat to that was addressed in what you linked "But persuading politicians on the right to trust physicians will be difficult, because of conservatives’ feeling that the profession has become ideologically blinkered."

Which I tie back to @TLS Guy and his point about this being a money grab and shiny new technical challenge for surgeons.

What happens when you no longer trust large sectors of the medical profession.

Go into a reddit thread and state the obvious that sex is bimodal. The issue is the amount of allowable unreasoned behavior.

Also why lesbians that don't want to suck a woman's shlong are now 'transphobes'. I'll be more than happy to let them eat their own at this point.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Still not appropriate regardless. Different locations don't mean different contexts.
I don't think it's appropriate either. The difference is that a school would have a captive audience, while parents don't have to take their kids to a bar (I certainly wouldn't).

jinjuku

jinjuku

Taking an argument to a ridiculous extreme doesn't bolster your stance.
You're the one that brought it up. I don't really give a poop with the 100+ gender pronouns out there and if I fail to use one I'm all the sudden uttering the equivalent of the n-word?

Is this your logic diagram? If it isn't is it something you agree with?

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
You're the one that brought it up. I don't really give a poop with the 100+ gender pronouns out there and if I fail to use one I'm all the sudden uttering the equivalent of the n-word?

100+ gender prouns are still better than the n-word.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I'm not with the sentiment that I'm required to call someone fae/faeself. And if I don't I'm the equivalent of a not black person using the n-word.
It’s hard to know what to say or not say anymore. That’s why I’m just sticking with reality, and known descriptors of human beings.
I was in a store the other day and there in front of me was a couple. Butch dykes they were. I was so relieved to see two plain ol gay women!!! Didn’t have to try and figure out if they were boys or girls or helicopters or whatever. Brought me back to simpler times…lol

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan

When I suggested the possibility, it was neither endorsement, nor complaint. I am suggesting that in the future, deliberately calling someone by an pronoun they do not prefer will have all the social acceptability of using the N-word. If I were to accidentally using the "wrong" pronoun, I would expect that to be given a pass. If not, it's their problem, not mine. That said, I don't give poop what you call someone else either.

jinjuku

jinjuku

When I suggested the possibility, it was neither endorsement, nor complaint. I am suggesting that in the future, deliberately calling someone by an pronoun they do not prefer will have all the social acceptability of using the N-word. If I were to accidentally using the "wrong" pronoun, I would expect that to be given a pass. If not, it's their problem, not mine. That said, I don't give poop what you call someone else either.
It's a manufactured problem though. There's only one n-word... You should have a problem with this because of feature creep. It's the whole give an inch and then a mile will be expected.

In the NYC pride fest a large group of lesbians were close to forcibly removed because they don't want johnsons pushed on them. They have zero preference.

This is where we are going. Honestly women are going to suffer the brunt of all this.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
That's the argument Go-NAD is making.
Don't assume I'm endorsing such an eventuality.

It has become quite clear that you take a far more rigid stand on transgender issues than I. As long as the medical community itself is not singing from the same song sheet, how any of us laymen are able to form hard and fast opinions is beyond me.

Some aspects are easier to take a stand on. For example, I'm not on board with forcing women to share their private spaces with transwomen who are also "intact" males. I don't approve of exposing kids to signs such as the one previously mentioned, as well.

jinjuku

jinjuku

It has become quite clear that you take a far more rigid stand on transgender issues than I.
What I'm signaling is the ways that I'm willing to be convinced that I'm indeed incorrect / unreasonable.

jinjuku

jinjuku

As long as the medical community itself is not singing from the same song sheet, how any of us laymen are able to form hard and fast opinions is beyond me.
I think this has been one of my major concerns. I appreciate the acknowledgement that this is not cut and dry.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
What I'm signaling is the ways that I'm willing to be convinced that I'm indeed incorrect / unreasonable.
While your opinion may or may not be unreasonable, how is it correct or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis