Panasonic 12G Panel Black Level Rising

J

jostenmeat

Audioholic Spartan
lol..ok ..well damn would it be to hard to write...firmware version 1.24 for them??..lol...and what doest it change to get the 1.28 version?
Color decoding errors in THX mode, and Onkyo HDCP compliance codes.

C

clouso

Banned
No, I used my own SD card and downloaded the patch from Panny's website. I then plugged it in the SD slot on the display, and walla :D
iv been searching it on panasonic's web site and i cant find it...even if i dont think my THX mode have any problems i would like to get the 1.28 version anyway..can you tell me where you found it?..pls and thx.

BruZZi

BruZZi

Full Audioholic
iv been searching it on panasonic's web site and i cant find it...even if i dont think my THX mode have any problems i would like to get the 1.28 version anyway..can you tell me where you found it?..pls and thx.

EDIT: I posted a link for a firmware page but it's not working anymore. :(

J

jostenmeat

Audioholic Spartan
EDIT: I posted a link for a firmware page but it's not working anymore. :(
Is this it?
http://www2.panasonic.com/consumer-electronics/support/Televisions/VIERA-Plasma-HDTVs/Drivers-Downloads/model.TC-P65V10.D#ts

clouso, the easiest way could arguably be to ask Pana directly for an SD card, but it will also take by far the longest. I don't know how long, but most companies take a while to get FW out to you, but it does eventually come.

C

clouso

Banned
G

Gov

Senior Audioholic
Well it appears that Panasonic has agreed that they designed their plasma displays to increase idle black over time. They are changing the design a bit for the 2010 models saying it will "improve" this premature idle black issue.
Fortunately my display still looks good, but I am not appreciative of Panasonic stance on this issue since they appear to be saying the display was designed this way even though some displays may have a large jump in MLL in a relative short period of time.
I have to believe from what I have read that some displays are developing this problem because of this design and feel that Panasonic should take some action in those cases. It appears that they will not be.
Here is the latest CNET reponse.
Any input here would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-10449939-1.html?tag=mncol

C

CypherMax

Junior Audioholic
I have a TCP42S1 in my bedroom is that effected by this programming fault? Production date 7-2009

G

Gov

Senior Audioholic
I have a TCP42S1 in my bedroom is that effected by this programming fault? Production date 7-2009
Sorry to hear that. How many hours do you have on it? Also, how do you know the MLL is up?

C

CypherMax

Junior Audioholic
Sorry to hear that. How many hours do you have on it? Also, how do you know the MLL is up?
Its a bedroom TV we only got it in November. So it isn't the primary tv so it maybe has a 100 hours on it by now. What is the MLL?

BruZZi

BruZZi

Full Audioholic
I read his post too fast I thought he was saying his TV was affected by the rising blacks. But now reading it again I believe he is just asking... right CypherMax ?!?

Its a bedroom TV we only got it in November. So it isn't the primary tv so it maybe has a 100 hours on it by now. What is the MLL?
Minimum Luminance Level = The deepest black level the TV can get.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Hey Gene & Clint. Will AH be weighing in on this topic??? (please)

C

CypherMax

Junior Audioholic
Yes I was just asking if my tv was effected. my black level right now is awesome so I cant complain but should I be worried about it down the road? I can't find a definitive answer if my TV has this problem. Thanks.

C

CypherMax

Junior Audioholic
Great article! It puts some of my worries at ease. My viera looks stunning in out bedroom since we mostly watch it in complete darkness. This seems to be a developing issue and maybe people were too quick to call this a major epidemic when some TVs experience this differently. I am going to just go on like nothing happened and see if I notice anything. I am still a supporter of Panasonic and their products. I hope this does not have any detrimental effects and Panasonic in the long run, let alone plasma technology....

TheFactor

TheFactor

Audioholic Field Marshall
Thats great info but the black rising issues going on it totaly ruined my pleasure and happiness of owning my my 65v10. Wondering if I have a ticking time bomb so I decided to switch to the last of the breed a Pioneer kuro while I still can.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis