FS: Sound Devices PIX 240i Production Video Recorder

A

all1

Enthusiast
Up for sale is a Sound Devices PIX 240i Production Video Recorder in superb condition, well maintained and handled.

The Sound Devices PIX 240 Video Recorder provides the ability of QuickTime recording for video cameras with HDMI and HD-SDI inputs. It employs Apple ProRes or Avid DNxHD formats to record videos which offer good picture quality and processing efficiency. It stores recorded videos onto compact flash cards or removable 2.5” solid-state hard drives with UDF format, and the recorded videos can be accessed on systems operating on both Windows and Mac OS. In addition, the PIX 240 records videos which are ideal for editorial workflows such as on-the-fly color grading, video processing, etc.

Featuring hardware-based video scalers, the recorder facilitates real-time conversion among video formats. Supporting conversion between interlaced and progressive, it allows frame rate conversion of videos formats with no loss in quality and 3:2 pull down removal to record 24p from 60i signals. It features large, illuminated controls which make record and play functions easy to access. Using a side panel rotary control and 4 front-panel buttons, the PIX 240 allows quick access to various menu options such as selection between embedded HDMI, embedded HD-SDI, or balanced audio, format selection while conversion, etc.

Supporting HD-SDI and HDMI v1.3 input signals up to 1080i/p, the recorder provides simultaneous HD-SDI and HDMI outputs. It includes a tunable highly accurate time code generator and reader with genlock output which offers proper synchronization between the input and outputs. Based on 7-series digital audio recorders, the recorder features high-bandwidth inputs that are mic/line switchable and include limiters, high-pass filters, and 48V phantom power for high quality audio with low-noise. It supports AES3 digital audio using 2 XLR connectors which are capable of accepting up to 4 digital audio inputs. In addition, the PIX 240 includes an external eSATAp connector for direct, powered connection to large SATA storage volumes.

Built using light weight, metalized, molded carbon fiber chassis, the recorder is suitable for outdoor use, and with an advanced thermal design, it keeps the unit cool in extreme environments. It can be powered using an external DC power (10-18 V) or 2 Sony L-type batteries, and also acts as a charger for the battery inserted, when the recorder is not in use and plugged into an external supply. It is compatible with an external audio mixer or digital audio recorders which extends the flexibility of the recorder's on-board inputs and enhances audio input/output control. In addition, the video recorder comes with multi-voltage compatible XL-WPH3 AC adapter.

The PIX 240 includes a 5” LCD display which displays images with 800 x 480 resolution and provides immediate confirmation of recording, playback, audio metering, and setup menu selections. It supports input audio source selection between embedded HDMI, embedded HD-SDI, or balanced audio and features a LANC connector for connection with a LANC controller for control over start and record options. Featuring FireWire 800 and USB 3.0 (USB 2.0 backward-compatible) connectors, the PIC-Caddy also includes an eSATAp connection which offers drive powering and 3 Gb/s transfer rate over a single cable.

More about the kit as it comes complete with the following:

Kit Includes
Polymer Case for PIX 240i & 220i Recorder
2 x PIX-CADDY 2 -- 2.5" SSD Drive Caddy
2 x PIX-SSD5 240GB SSD
2 x XL-B2 Spare Lithium-Ion Battery
Sun Shield
DC Power Supply
SDI Cable (3 ft / 91 cm)
HDMI Cable (3 ft / 91 cm)
Sound Devices PIX 240i Manual
I have included an extra USB cord which plugs directly into the SSD Drives.

This kit was used solely in a green screen studio. Never traveled or was used in the field.

Asking Price: USD$3600

If you are interested kindly send me a message via mail

allsales at protonmail dot com

Thanks for looking...!!!!!

Attachments

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis