Panasonic 12G Panel Black Level Rising

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
When I last checked it was at 186:12.....count 86. Heh....now I know what the count represents....lol. My scheduled calibration is in 2 weeks, I figure I'll have over 250 hrs by the 26th....:D

BudgetHT

BudgetHT

Audioholic
I've had my Panny since July. It has over 1000 hours on it and I have never noticed an increase in black levels. Mine is a 12g panel although it's not a 12g neo.

ahblaza

ahblaza

Audioholic Field Marshall
Nope.

Just don't touch the Vol+/Vol- buttons and you'll be OK. ;)

Hello, I have a Panny 50PZ77, can I check the usage hours on this model? I din't see an info botton on my remote.
Thanks, Jeff

BruZZi

BruZZi

Full Audioholic
Hello, I have a Panny 50PZ77, can I check the usage hours on this model? I din't see an info button on my remote.
Thanks, Jeff

Yup.

ALL Panasonic Plasmas (Commercial & Consumer) have hours meter.

The code is the same but you need to use the {RECALL} button instead of {INFO} on your Model. :)

Last edited:
C

clouso

Banned
just an update about my g10...now over 1000hrs and still have those deep blakcs!...it even looks better then when it was out of the box!.

C

clouso

Banned
and my display has been produced in august 2009... with everything i read yet i suspect that people noticing a rise in black level must have models produced at least before august!...im just guessing or trying to understand!...it would be nice if people look at the back of the display and tell us what month it has been produced!.

G

Gov

Senior Audioholic
and my display has been produced in august 2009... with everything i read yet i suspect that people noticing a rise in black level must have models produced at least before august!...im just guessing or trying to understand!...it would be nice if people look at the back of the display and tell us what month it has been produced!.
Thanks for the update! I have just surpassed 500 hours and all is good! Most of the reports at AVS are in fact prior to August 2009 build dates. There have been some that have said they have been effected with displays built after August 2009, but not many. Also, I am not so sure how legit it is :rolleyes:
How is your THX mode and what firmware are you running?

C

clouso

Banned
Thanks for the update! I have just surpassed 500 hours and all is good! Most of the reports at AVS are in fact prior to August 2009 build dates. There have been some that have said they have been effected with displays built after August 2009, but not many. Also, I am not so sure how legit it is :rolleyes:
How is your THX mode and what firmware are you running?
like i said it now looks even better then it was out of the box..with time plasma dim and my THX mode looks better then ever!...and about the firmware i didnt do anything about that..the display is just like it was out of the box..

C

clouso

Banned
Gov did i got you right about the firmware thing?...honestly im not sure what you meant!...what i mean is that i didnt use any other firmware,...i didnt change anything on my display just got it out of the box and didnt change any thing!..sorry im french canadian and sometimes i dont get things the firt time!...english is my second lauguage..lol

G

Gov

Senior Audioholic
Gov did i got you right about the firmware thing?...honestly im not sure what you meant!...what i mean is that i didnt use any other firmware,...i didnt change anything on my display just got it out of the box and didnt change any thing!..sorry im french canadian and sometimes i dont get things the firt time!...english is my second lauguage..lol
I got ya :D I was just wondering what version you had from the factory. Mine was 1.24 and I upgraded it to 1.28.

J

jostenmeat

Audioholic Spartan
I got ya :D I was just wondering what version you had from the factory. Mine was 1.24 and I upgraded it to 1.28.
Did you do it via VC, and how easy/hard was that? Or did you ask for a SD card? Thanks, Gov.

G

Gov

Senior Audioholic
Did you do it via VC, and how easy/hard was that? Or did you ask for a SD card? Thanks, Gov.
No, I used my own SD card and downloaded the patch from Panny's website. I then plugged it in the SD slot on the display, and walla :D

C

clouso

Banned
No, I used my own SD card and downloaded the patch from Panny's website. I then plugged it in the SD slot on the display, and walla :D
and does that improved your PQ??...and where do i check what firmware version i have..if its in the service menu im not very willing to go play in that area..lol..dont wanna do something to ruin the display..

G

Gov

Senior Audioholic
and does that improved your PQ??...and where do i check what firmware version i have..if its in the service menu im not very willing to go play in that area..lol..dont wanna do something to ruin the display..
No my PQ is the same (great!)
To check your firmware version it is through the menu and select "about" and you will find the firmware version.

C

clouso

Banned
No my PQ is the same (great!)
To check your firmware version it is through the menu and select "about" and you will find the firmware version.
all i have in ''about'' is this...tv=0140-2010...statu1=01014-50217...status2=00000-00000...status3=0.5.3...hdavi control=4...

G

Gov

Senior Audioholic
all i have in ''about'' is this...tv=0140-2010...statu1=01014-50217...status2=00000-00000...status3=0.5.3...hdavi control=4...
0140 2010
Read backwards is firmware version 1.24 :D

C

clouso

Banned
0140 2010
Read backwards is firmware version 1.24 :D
lol..ok ..well damn would it be to hard to write...firmware version 1.24 for them??..lol...and what doest it change to get the 1.28 version?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis