Panasonic 12G Panel Black Level Rising

C

clouso

Banned
my display is well over the 1000 hours mark now and i still have deep inky blacks..i really think not all displays are affected by this issue..

G

Gov

Senior Audioholic
I have noticed a slight MLL rise in the last week on my 58V10. It is really only noticable on a 0 IRE screen or blank input. It is tolerable for now, but is not the same as it was prior to the rise. Overall PQ is still excellent!

TheFactor

TheFactor

Audioholic Field Marshall
I have noticed a slight MLL rise in the last week on my 58V10. It is really only noticable on a 0 IRE screen or blank input. It is tolerable for now, but is not the same as it was prior to the rise. Overall PQ is still excellent!
Good to hear Gov !

G

Gov

Senior Audioholic
Very interesting Gov
Things are really starting to heat up over this. Your lucky to have gotten out of this mess!

I have no doubt what so ever that ALL Panny plasma's have been designed to raise MLL because of the voltage adjustements.

This is a really DUMB design to say the least!

I should have grabbed an Elite while I had a chance :mad:

TheFactor

TheFactor

Audioholic Field Marshall
Things are really starting to heat up over this. Your lucky to have gotten out of this mess!

I have no doubt what so ever that ALL Panny plasma's have been designed to raise MLL because of the voltage adjustements.

I didnt want to beleive it but I agree with you even after I got rid of mine I was hoping that it wasnt true for your sake especially, and all involved :( But the brighter side of coin is maybe in the near future Panasonic will take care of 09 Panny owners and are correcting it for the later 2010 models ! Since its pretty well known now and a proven fact by all involved the issue exists.

C

clouso

Banned

i still have those deep dark blacks but be sure that the very minute i notice a rise in my blacks my local dealer and panasonic will hear from me...i wont let it that way!!...and yes thats a stupid design and honestly i was considering buying a vt25 for this summer but im really concerned now about that...will we have to buy a led samsung now to get a 3d display??...i dont think samsung have any plasma that is 3d...panasonic will get into more trouble then they think with that!!.

B

BOND8585

Audiophyte
i still have those deep dark blacks but be sure that the very minute i notice a rise in my blacks my local dealer and panasonic will hear from me...i wont let it that way!!...and yes thats a stupid design and honestly i was considering buying a vt25 for this summer but im really concerned now about that...will we have to buy a led samsung now to get a 3d display??...i dont think samsung have any plasma that is 3d...panasonic will get into more trouble then they think with that!!.
Any issues yet? Haven't heard anything recently on the status of this black level rise.

G

Gov

Senior Audioholic
Any issues yet? Haven't heard anything recently on the status of this black level rise.
The lastest is still much of the same as orginally reported. The only thing now is any of the panels manufactured from April 2010 until now are reportedly fixed now. This was stated from a highly regarded calibrator and poster over at AVS.
I do not expect Panasonic to do anything at all for us with the effected panels. My panel now has just over 2000 hours on it and I have a definate rise that effects my viewing enjoyment in a dark room. The overall PQ of the panel is still very good though.

B

BOND8585

Audiophyte
The lastest is still much of the same as orginally reported. The only thing now is any of the panels manufactured from April 2010 until now are reportedly fixed now. This was stated from a highly regarded calibrator and poster over at AVS.
I do not expect Panasonic to do anything at all for us with the effected panels. My panel now has just over 2000 hours on it and I have a definate rise that effects my viewing enjoyment in a dark room. The overall PQ of the panel is still very good though.
Great, so I guess that 1.300 firmware didn't do anything to address it? So if I bought a new 65V10 today should I assume that it was manufactured prior to April 2010 and will still have the issue?

Thanks

G

Gov

Senior Audioholic
They no longer produce the V10 line. If you bought any of the plasma's today, there is a very good chance it would have been manufactured after April 2010.
The 1.30 firmware has nothing to do with a "black level" fix.

B

BOND8585

Audiophyte
They no longer produce the V10 line. If you bought any of the plasma's today, there is a very good chance it would have been manufactured after April 2010.
The 1.30 firmware has nothing to do with a "black level" fix.
New 65V10s are available on Amazon. I guess they still have some from 2009 that were never sold.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis