R

rebeldev

Audiophyte
Hey everyone, this is my first post. Curious if any of you have put subs outside next to a pool? If so, how did you do it?

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Origin Acoustics is one brand that has come up with some creative designs- the founder also founded Speakercraft, a well-known brand that has slipped a bit since he left.

Other brands make similarly-styled subs and satellites- for the sake of any neighbors whose house is close enough to the pool to hear your music, it would be best to focus the sound away from their house and toward yours- not only does the sound not travel toward them well, it will reflect off of your house/garage and require less power/volume than firing outward and away, never to be heard once it leaves the area where you want music.

flyboylr45

flyboylr45

Senior Audioholic
I did. My outdoor pool system is comprised of 2 JBL Control 29AV1 and 2 JBL Control SB2210 subs. I run them with (2) Crown XLS 1002 Amps. Those amps have built in crossovers so I have them crossed at 80hz I believe. Needless to say, it’s loud and the bass rattles my neighbors house. An awesome party sound system.

F

FocusedHearing

Audiophyte
I did. My outdoor pool system is comprised of 2 JBL Control 29AV1 and 2 JBL Control SB2210 subs. I run them with (2) Crown XLS 1002 Amps. Those amps have built in crossovers so I have them crossed at 80hz I believe. Needless to say, it’s loud and the bass rattles my neighbors house. An awesome party sound system.
Flyboylr45, about to install my Control SB2210. Is the bracket holding up ok? Did you put up a safety cable just in case? I'm installing it a bit higher up so want to be extra safe. Would appreciate your opinion. Thanks

flyboylr45

flyboylr45

Senior Audioholic
Nope. No safety wire. The bracket is just fine. Mine is attached to the stucco of the house but it also went into the ledger board. As long as where you’re attaching it to is sound, you’re good to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

F

FocusedHearing

Audiophyte
Nope. No safety wire. The bracket is just fine. Mine is attached to the stucco of the house but it also went into the ledger board. As long as where you’re attaching it to is sound, you’re good to go.

thanks. Did you use some lag screws or bolt and nut?

flyboylr45

flyboylr45

Senior Audioholic
Lags. 2 on each side. It’s really sturdy. Mind you mine are installed vertically. But the speakers are horizontally and weigh about as much. None are safety wired.

F

FocusedHearing

Audiophyte
Lags. 2 on each side. It’s really sturdy. Mind you mine are installed vertically. But the speakers are horizontally and weigh about as much. None are safety wired.

thanks for sharing

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis