Onkyo TX-RZ70 11.2CH AV Receiver - Official Support Thread

Ying

Ying

Audiophyte
Hi, could someone help me explain/understand the following.

I have a Arendal 1723 subwoofer connected to the Txrz70, the subwoofer has an input gain setting (1V output set to +6dB, 2V output set to 0dB, 4V output set to -6dB, or 8V output set to -12dB) depending on the output voltage of the sub out connection.

I read in Gene,s bench test that the Onkyo can go up to 4 volts, but does that also mean the best setting in the sub is the 4 volt input gain? What input gain setting would be best suited for my sub?

ban25

ban25

Audioholic
Hi, could someone help me explain/understand the following.

I have a Arendal 1723 subwoofer connected to the Txrz70, the subwoofer has an input gain setting (1V output set to +6dB, 2V output set to 0dB, 4V output set to -6dB, or 8V output set to -12dB) depending on the output voltage of the sub out connection.

I read in Gene,s bench test that the Onkyo can go up to 4 volts, but does that also mean the best setting in the sub is the 4 volt input gain? What input gain setting would be best suited for my sub?
Set to 0. When you calibrate with Dirac, you'll see how much gain the AVR needs to apply, ideally a low amount.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis