Onkyo TX-RZ70 11.2CH AV Receiver - Official Support Thread

Ying

Ying

Audiophyte
Hi, could someone help me explain/understand the following.

I have a Arendal 1723 subwoofer connected to the Txrz70, the subwoofer has an input gain setting (1V output set to +6dB, 2V output set to 0dB, 4V output set to -6dB, or 8V output set to -12dB) depending on the output voltage of the sub out connection.

I read in Gene,s bench test that the Onkyo can go up to 4 volts, but does that also mean the best setting in the sub is the 4 volt input gain? What input gain setting would be best suited for my sub?

ban25

ban25

Audioholic
Hi, could someone help me explain/understand the following.

I have a Arendal 1723 subwoofer connected to the Txrz70, the subwoofer has an input gain setting (1V output set to +6dB, 2V output set to 0dB, 4V output set to -6dB, or 8V output set to -12dB) depending on the output voltage of the sub out connection.

I read in Gene,s bench test that the Onkyo can go up to 4 volts, but does that also mean the best setting in the sub is the 4 volt input gain? What input gain setting would be best suited for my sub?
Set to 0. When you calibrate with Dirac, you'll see how much gain the AVR needs to apply, ideally a low amount.

F

Frankb

Audiophyte
I bought this reciever to replace the yamaha avantage 3040 . i pair it with Vianna accoustics and svs sub. I dont like the sound. it is harsh and cold. no matter what i do in the setup.. The Yamaha aventage is much much better so i have to send it back ,, cant understand the rave about this thing. i reade somewhere in the comments that i am not the only one. And dirac isnt working also. error after error.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
I bought this reciever to replace the yamaha avantage 3040 . i pair it with Vianna accoustics and svs sub. I dont like the sound. it is harsh and cold. no matter what i do in the setup.. The Yamaha aventage is much much better so i have to send it back ,, cant understand the rave about this thing. i reade somewhere in the comments that i am not the only one. And dirac isnt working also. error after error.
Make sure you have the impedance switch set to the high (8 ohm) setting.
  • Turn off all room correction and make sure your tone controls are bypassed or flat.
  • My bench tests show this to be a class leading AVR and one of my reviewers is currently reviewing it and not complaining about bad sound. But, Dirac is problematic and that's nothing new.

P

Pace

Audiophyte
Have you tried running dirac from a windows computer? The only issue I've had so far is that the newer versions take a very long time to sync the profile to the receiver, but eventually everything is ok.

I would suggest against using AccuEQ if Dirac does not work; IMO AccuEQ has never been all that great.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis