Once again: what are you listening to now? Part 2.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
When I saw that I had to say no. Why is it so costly??
It's their first album in 13 years. It's also the first time they've been openly available to stream. In the first week they had a song in all top ten spots on the digital billboard charts. There wasn't a non-Tool song until you got to number 11! Amazon stopped taking preorders in the first week too, I think. They're killing it right now.

S

sakete

Audioholic
Yep. Me too. The cd is going for $160 at the moment on Amazon, interesting.
Interesting. I pre-ordered it and only paid $40. Pretty cool album too, received it today and it has an LCD screen in it that shows a little animation anytime you open it up. Pretty cool. I have all their albums on CD, so now my tool set is once again complete.

Also for the serious fans, they're going on tour as well. So if yoh want to see them live, now is your chance!

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
I'll have to settle for streaming the new Tool album until the cd prices come down to normal. I'm not paying $160 for one!

S

sakete

Audioholic
I'll have to settle for streaming the new Tool album until the cd prices come down to normal. I'm not paying $160 for one!
FWIW, the CD is missing the 3 interlude tracks. This is normal, but to me is kind of a bummer. I went ahead and bought & downloaded the hi res version on Qobuz as well for $17. 24/96 version. I realize it probably won't sound any different, but maybe it's a slightly different/better master and either way I prefer to have all my music stored/archived digitally in a lossless format, and then will use lossy for on the go.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
FWIW, the CD is missing the 3 interlude tracks. This is normal, but to me is kind of a bummer. I went ahead and bought & downloaded the hi res version on Qobuz as well for $17. 24/96 version. I realize it probably won't sound any different, but maybe it's a slightly different/better master and either way I prefer to have all my music stored/archived digitally in a lossless format, and then will use lossy for on the go.
I was reading that the cd comes with a digital download including the three segue tracks....

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
That's what I meant, assume the download is just mp3. Wonder what difference, if any, is in the 24/96 version.
Well all I can say this. It sounds excellent from my iTunes lossless library via AirPlay to my Marantz. FWIW.....

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
Listening to the new Tool album on Amazon and drinking a glass of bourbon. Unfortunately the volume is low because the wife is sleeping. Album seeeems great so far, can't wait to give it a listen at higher volume levels. Chocolate chip trip reminds me of some John Petrucci drum solos

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis