Once again: what are you listening to now? Part 2.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Let me see if this works!

Not working!

Cheers,

Phil

Last edited:
Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai
Let me see if this works!

Okay not working?

Cheers,

Phil
Phil
Here's how you make a link work verses imbedding the video itself.

take a piece of text and highlight it in some way to make it distinctive
I make it bold and change the color.

GREAT SOUNDING MUSIC

Then, with the text still selected, use the insert link tool on the editing bar.
Its the 7th selection from the left on my editing bar.
When you click the link editing selection it will give you a popup : insert your copied URL to the video here.
I copied a video URL and pasted it in to the link popup.

This way all a potential listener wants to do is click the link. The rest of the thread viewers don't have to download the video in order to watch the thread. Everybody wins.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
When I use a text hyperlink I just highlight the wording I want by holding the left button on the mouse and moving the pointer across the text I want to highlight (didn't know it would work by bolding/changing color tho), then use the link thingy (as buck said, 7th from left) to get the url box to copy the link into.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Phil
Here's how you make a link work verses imbedding the video itself.

take a piece of text and highlight it in some way to make it distinctive
I make it bold and change the color.

GREAT SOUNDING MUSIC

Then, with the text still selected, use the insert link tool on the editing bar.
Its the 7th selection from the left on my editing bar.
When you click the link editing selection it will give you a popup : insert your copied URL to the video here.
I copied a video URL and pasted it in to the link popup.

This way all a potential listener wants to do is click the link. The rest of the thread viewers don't have to download the video in order to watch the thread. Everybody wins.
It is still showing the video. What did I do wrong? Thanks!

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Might have to explain what exactly you're doing to see where it goes sideways?
Okay I highlighted the video clicked copy, then went to the Audioholics post and clicked insert. A box popped up that says embed link. I then copied the video link into the embed box. But, it is still showing the said video. That is what I am trying to avoid so not to slow posters down. Have never done this before. What am I doing wrong?

Cheers,

Phil

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Okay I highlighted the video clicked copy, then went to the Audioholics post and clicked insert. A box popped up that says embed link. I then copied the video link into the embed box. But, it is still showing the said video. That is what I am trying to avoid so not to slow posters down. Have never done this before. What am I doing wrong?

Cheers,

Phil
Use the 7th one from left end of the toolbar, it just is described as "link"

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Use the 7th one from left end of the toolbar, it just is described as "link"
Okay I did that, but I still see the video. Something is not right.....LOL!!! Told you all computers are not my thing. Now you see why.....LOL!!!!

Cheers,

Phil

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Okay I did that, but I still see the video. Something is not right.....LOL!!! Told you all computers are not my thing. Now you see why.....LOL!!!!

Cheers,

Phil
Hmm, how are you highlighting the text in the thread post? PS I'd try a new post....

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
In mobile, there's a "share" button. This arrow gives options including Copy Link.

Then you just paste it.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
LOL I have 6 Mbps down on a good day, maybe .6 up.
That my friend is unfortunate. For many years we had 1.5 by clearwire. Even at full speed, that's unbearable. Toward the end we were pulling like 256k. They can burn in hell. They oversold their market and couldn't deliver. Fiber is Baaad A$$$

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
That my friend is unfortunate. For many years we had 1.5 by clearwire. Even at full speed, that's unbearable. Toward the end we were pulling like 256k. They can burn in hell. They oversold their market and couldn't deliver. Fiber is Baaad A$$$
Best service available here at this time; supposedly a new competitor is still setting up a wireless access for 20-25 Mbps range...price for living in our great outdoor paradise.

heckletooth 061417 3.jpg

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis