Once again: what are you listening to now? Part 2.

Audiosaur

Audiosaur

Audioholic
I really like this one. Have you seen "Grinding the Crack"? It's a Jeb Corliss video. Wing suit and a gopro with this song. It's pretty badass. I think of this video every time I hear "Sail".
Awesome video!!! I've parachuted but don't think I could do that kind of sailing. Thanks for sharing.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I dont have a Spotify account. Is it a pay service?
As mentioned, I started with the .99 for 3 months deal, subscribed to spotify premium ($10/month) after after that. SQ better than Pandora. Are you using Marantz apps?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
As mentioned, I started with the .99 for 3 months deal, subscribed to spotify premium ($10/month) after after that. SQ better than Pandora. Are you using Marantz apps?
Not using any of the streaming apps. I played around with Pandora for a few minutes, then went back to my WAV files.

I'm so damned picky when it comes to music. There are certain boxes that need checked off for me when I listen to new music. Pandora always did a crappy job and I gave it a real chance with the Xbox app. Created a couple channels, rated a crapload of songs and it just didn't produce for me. I did not get turned on to any new music I like with Pandora. A lot of the music I like doesn't really have a specific genre. Finding new music I like isn't easy.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Not using any of the streaming apps. I played around with Pandora for a few minutes, then went back to my WAV files.

I'm so damned picky when it comes to music. There are certain boxes that need checked off for me when I listen to new music. Pandora always did a crappy job and I gave it a real chance with the Xbox app. Created a couple channels, rated a crapload of songs and it just didn't produce for me. I did not get turned on to any new music I like with Pandora. A lot of the music I like doesn't really have a specific genre. Finding new music I like isn't easy.
I use the Pandora app on my avrs/bluray players for background music, am not a premium subscriber either. I do like the random choices based on my stations (and I use all 100 and often on quick mix from all of them) for Pandora, many good new artists/albums have come up that way, but turning up the volume can reveal the shortcomings of the low bitrate files (but aren't bad considering how low that is). Spotify has decent quality on the $10/month service (320kbps IIRC), altho my Denon doesn't have the Spotify Connect thing which makes it a little clunkier, do use the Connect feature for Spotify on my PS3 sometimes instead. I think your Marantz may have the Spotify Connect app?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I use the Pandora app on my avrs/bluray players for background music, am not a premium subscriber either. I do like the random choices based on my stations (and I use all 100 and often on quick mix from all of them) for Pandora, many good new artists/albums have come up that way, but turning up the volume can reveal the shortcomings of the low bitrate files (but aren't bad considering how low that is). Spotify has decent quality on the $10/month service (320kbps IIRC), altho my Denon doesn't have the Spotify Connect thing which makes it a little clunkier, do use the Connect feature for Spotify on my PS3 sometimes instead. I think your Marantz may have the Spotify Connect app?
Nope. No spotify app in the online music menu. I'm sure I could get it on my Xbox 1s or my laptop though.

Audiosaur

Audiosaur

Audioholic
After the initial period, Spotify was too rich for my blood. Pandora One quality and variety is sufficient for my taste. Ends up being something like $55 for the year - worth it to dump the ads.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
The 6011 info indicates you do have a Spotify app included....doesn't say the Connect feature from what I saw....is it possibly simply turned off at this point?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
After the initial period, Spotify was too rich for my blood. Pandora One quality and variety is sufficient for my taste. Ends up being something like $55 for the year - worth it to dump the ads.
For the $120 a year for spotify with the ability to select and download albums made it a much better way to go than Pandora altho I think I read recently the latest pay for Pandora thing includes album choice....

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I find I get little ad intrusion from Pandora....altho I regularly like the tunes it suggests I like. Haven't tried Pandora One. Amazon's music is also a way to go if you're into their interface/cloud thing.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Nope. No spotify app in the online music menu. I'm sure I could get it on my Xbox 1s or my laptop though.
Spotify app to AirPlay to airport express works great for me. Try the app on your tablet and BT maybe? I see Spotify/pandora/Siriusxm in the literature. Just sayin...

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Spotify app to AirPlay to airport express works great for me. Try the app on your tablet and BT maybe? I see Spotify/pandora/Siriusxm in the literature. Just sayin...
I didn't dig real deep. I just checked in the online music menu. I saw Sirius, Pandora, internet radio, etc. No spotify. I'll dig in a little more. HD said I might have something turned off.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I didn't dig real deep. I just checked in the online music menu. I saw Sirius, Pandora, internet radio, etc. No spotify. I'll dig in a little more. HD said I might have something turned off.
That's possible too. I use the app from Spotify on my phone, and the desktop version for pc. They play nice together and have good support for my Apple hardware.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis