isolar8001

isolar8001

Audioholic General
What a bloodbath tonight.
Orange blood everywhere !

She baited him and let him stew and spew in his own diaper....good going Madam President !

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
And his uncle taught at MIT for years. I don't know how in the world that has anything to do with Donald, but he sure talks about it a lot. :)
It's his uncle Hannibal Lector, so it's, you know, relevant to all those other important imaginary issues Trump keeps talking about.

I say that in jest, he did have an uncle who taught at MIT

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Maybe voters will learn something after Trump: if you vote for an a$$hole to ownthelibs, that's what you get. An a$$hole with one-dimensional speak whose appeal was how much he insults his opponents. Nah, nevermind. They won't learn a thing.;)

Anyway, we'll see how it turns out. If Trump wins it won't be by some grand hand of God's. It will just be how it turned out.

I'm hoping the one good thing when Trump is long gone is the conservative media won't be spending so much time covering up for his baggage.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
It begs why would you even go there? Aside from not having any ideas.

>>>Zoom out: Vance, who said he raised the "issue of Haitian illegal immigrants ... causing chaos all over Springfield, Ohio" months ago, wrote on X Monday that "reports now show that people have had their pets abducted and eaten by people who shouldn't be in this country. Where is our border czar?"

• Elon Musk shared several posts about the rumors to his 197 million X followers, including a seemingly AI-generated picture of a kitten and a duckling, writing "Save them!"
  • Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) also shared a meme online of two cats hugging, overlayed with the text, "PLEASE VOTE FOR TRUMP SO HAITIAN IMMIGRANTS DON'T EAT US."
  • A Monday statement from the Trump campaign, titled, "Kamala Migrants Ravage Ohio City — And It's Coming To Your City Next," alleged "20,000 Haitian migrants were dumped in the city."
  • Friction point: Vance said in a post to X that his office had received "many inquiries" from Springfield residents saying "their neighbors' pets or local wildlife were abducted by Haitian migrants."
    • Vance noted in the post that "It's possible" the rumors are false.
    • But he encouraged "fellow patriots" not to let the media dissuade the conversation, writing, "Keep the cat memes flowing."<<<

T

Tankini

Senior Audioholic
LOL reminds me of many "user fees" applied to imports into the US instead of calling them duties/taxes. (I'm a former US Customs broker).
@lovinthehd Chris, Rolling over here, when your on your A game No one here on AH does it better. Best Laugh I've had in a month. Lolo, Knucklehead! Lol, the good kind though.

So retired (US Customs broker) huh? at our US/ Mexico border? If so I want to thank you for your service of our Nation. Gotta ask though did you get to carry a side arm and cuff's? Just asking for a friend.

Here's what I just gleaned,

U.S. Customs and Border Agent

A US Customs Agent, also known as a Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Officer or Agent, is a federal law enforcement officer employed by U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP). Their primary responsibility is to enforce U.S. regulations, including trade, customs, and immigration laws, at ports of entry, airports, seaports, and land border crossings.

US Customs Agent Role

A US Customs Agent, also known as a US Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Officer, is a federal law enforcement officer responsible for enforcing laws and regulations related to trade, travel, and immigration at the US borders and ports of entry.

Key Responsibilities

• Inspect and process international travelers, including passengers and crew members, to ensure compliance with immigration and customs regulations
  • Examine goods and merchandise arriving in the US to determine duty rates, admissibility, and compliance with regulations
  • Detect and prevent smuggling of contraband, including drugs, weapons, and other illegal goods
  • Enforce trade laws and regulations, including those related to intellectual property, food safety, and agricultural products
  • Conduct interviews and investigations to gather information and evidence related to violations
  • Collaborate with other law enforcement agencies and international partners to share intelligence and coordinate efforts
Summary
Or this kind of

US Customs Broker Definition

A US Customs Broker is a private individual, partnership, association, or corporation licensed, regulated, and empowered by U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) to assist importers and exporters in meeting Federal requirements governing imports and exports. These brokers submit necessary information and appropriate payments to CBP on behalf of their clients and charge them a fee for this service.
Key Responsibilities
  • Expertise in entry procedures, admissibility requirements, classification, valuation, and rates of duty and applicable taxes and fees for imported merchandise
  • Submission of necessary information and payments to CBP on behalf of clients
  • Charge clients a fee for their services
  • Must have at least one individually licensed officer, partner, or associate to qualify the company’s license (for corporations, partnerships, and associations)
Role in International Trade
US Customs Brokers play a crucial role in facilitating the shipment and delivery of goods across geographical borders for individuals and organizations. They serve as translators, communicating with government agencies throughout the shipping process to ensure that all proper procedures are followed. With the increasing complexity of regulations and the shift towards online transactions, customs brokerage firms continually research and develop their internal infrastructure to comply with requirements.
Distinction from Freight Forwarders
While international freight forwarders help exporters move cargo from dock-to-door, providing various services, customs brokers specifically assist importers in meeting federal requirements governing imports into the United States. Customs brokers focus on the customs clearance process, ensuring compliance with regulations and laws, whereas freight forwarders handle logistics and transportation aspects.
Follow up

Last edited:
D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
It begs why would you even go there? Aside from not having any ideas.

>>>Zoom out: Vance, who said he raised the "issue of Haitian illegal immigrants ... causing chaos all over Springfield, Ohio" months ago, wrote on X Monday that "reports now show that people have had their pets abducted and eaten by people who shouldn't be in this country. Where is our border czar?"

• Elon Musk shared several posts about the rumors to his 197 million X followers, including a seemingly AI-generated picture of a kitten and a duckling, writing "Save them!"
  • Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) also shared a meme online of two cats hugging, overlayed with the text, "PLEASE VOTE FOR TRUMP SO HAITIAN IMMIGRANTS DON'T EAT US."
  • A Monday statement from the Trump campaign, titled, "Kamala Migrants Ravage Ohio City — And It's Coming To Your City Next," alleged "20,000 Haitian migrants were dumped in the city."
  • Friction point: Vance said in a post to X that his office had received "many inquiries" from Springfield residents saying "their neighbors' pets or local wildlife were abducted by Haitian migrants."
    • Vance noted in the post that "It's possible" the rumors are false.
    • But he encouraged "fellow patriots" not to let the media dissuade the conversation, writing, "Keep the cat memes flowing."<<<
It's why I think conservative news is kind of on auto-pilot regarding the Big Lie. It's just get the poop out there. Who even believes Haitians in Ohio are eating cats?

T

Tankini

Senior Audioholic
It's why I think conservative news is kind of on auto-pilot regarding the Big Lie. It's just get the poop out there. Who even believes Haitians in Ohio are eating cats?
I believe it if I saw it with my owe eyes, I've seen people eat human meat. True comment. For those who do not believe those kind of things Do not go on in the United States of America take the Blinders off your eyes. Cartels are killing people in cities in the US. Doing the same thing that they've been doing to their people across the border believe it or not it's true.

Innocent citizens are murdered every day some torturous gruesome murders. Ive seen dead body's in Storage buildings have been rotting for God only knows for how long. The whole body covered in black flies you couldn't make out the body till you shewed the flies away. Police investigated, stated homeless person yeah right.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
I had to roll my eyes when Trump brought that one up. I'm still amazed that a former U.S. president would spout conspiracy theories on a televised debate like it was fact, when city officials have already stated publicly that the rumours were false.

And why do people continually allow Trump to say that China will be paying tariffs? Is the general public that stupid? Tariffs are paid by importers to the government, not by the exporting nation. Previous economic analysis and recent studies of the Trump and Biden tariffs all show that the bulk of tariffs are passed on to local firms and consumers. It is sometimes a necessary tool to combat unfair trade policy, like the way China subsidizes its EV industry, but don't lie about who is really bearing the cost.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
And why do people continually allow Trump to say that China will be paying tariffs? Is the general public that stupid? Tariffs are paid by importers to the government, not by the exporting nation. Previous economic analysis and recent studies of the Trump and Biden tariffs all show that the bulk of tariffs are passed on to local firms and consumers. It is sometimes a necessary tool to combat unfair trade policy, like the way China subsidizes its EV industry, but don't lie about who is really bearing the cost.
Not only will Trump impose high tariffs on China but on all imports to USA and that will wreak havoc on the US (and world) economy where inflation/deflation is just one part of it. Anyone believing otherwise is quite simply stupid, but then that is one of the defining characteristics of MAGA.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
I had to roll my eyes when Trump brought that one up. I'm still amazed that a former U.S. president would spout conspiracy theories on a televised debate like it was fact, when city officials have already stated publicly that the rumours were false.
Absolutely weird and that includes his VP pick Vance saying the same thing. Bonkers and racist.

Trump did get an endorsement from RFK Jr that is rumoured to have eaten a dog. :D

Last edited:
cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
This just in, Taylor Swift has endorsed Harris. So I wonder if : Taylor Swift – 550.5 million followers will follow her. And of course " the man with little hands made this comment on Swifts endorsement " .“She’ll probably pay a price for it in the marketplace,” the former president said in an interview on “Fox & Friends” regarding the pop star, who backed Biden in 2020.

So I guess the Swift Billionaire empire will take a hit, per Trumpo. What a buffoon a totally clueless. LOL

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Trump did get an endorsement from RFK Jr that is rumoured to have eaten a dog. :D
RFK Jr's endorsement does deliver the brain-eating Tape Worm vote to Trump.

I suspect the Taylor Swift endorsement will result in fan votes easily outnumbering the Tape Worm voters … even if you subtract all those Swifties too young to vote.

Last edited:
Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Anyway, we'll see how it turns out. If Trump wins it won't be by some grand hand of God's. It will just be how it turned out.
Why is it that Trump and his MAGA fans cannot believe his election loss in 2020 wasn't also "by some grand hand of God's"?
I'm hoping the one good thing when Trump is long gone is the conservative media won't be spending so much time covering up for his baggage.
Don't hold your breath for that ;).

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
RFK Jr's endorsement does deliver the brain-eating Tape Worm vote to Trump.

I suspect the Taylor Swift endorsement will result in fan votes easily outnumbering the Tape Worm voters … even if you subtract all those Swifties who too young to vote.
She did sign her endorsement with the following dig at JD Vance:

Childless Cat Lady

I guess Trump has long regretted hos choice of VP. :D

Edit: Image of her endorsement from NPR:

Last edited:
mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
This just in, Taylor Swift has endorsed Harris. So I wonder if : Taylor Swift – 550.5 million followers will follow her. And of course " the man with little hands made this comment on Swifts endorsement " .“She’ll probably pay a price for it in the marketplace,” the former president said in an interview on “Fox & Friends” regarding the pop star, who backed Biden in 2020.

So I guess the Swift Billionaire empire will take a hit, per Trumpo. What a buffoon a totally clueless. LOL
That's a lot of extra votes to count. :D

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
Not only will Trump impose high tariffs on China but on all imports to USA and that will wreak havoc on the US (and world) economy where inflation/deflation is just one part of it. Anyone believing otherwise is quite simply stupid, but then that is one of the defining characteristics of MAGA.
At the risk of engaging in "whataboutism," Biden recently hiked tariffs on China. I'm not saying it's equivalent to what Trump might do, but here it is:

>>>In response to China’s unfair trade practices and to counteract the resulting harms, today, President Biden is directing his Trade Representative to increase tariffs under Section 301 of the Trade Act of 1974 on $18 billion of imports from China to protect American workers and businesses. Steel and Aluminum . . .

The tariff rate on certain steel and aluminum products under Section 301 will increase from 0–7.5% to 25% in 2024. . . .

Semiconductors

The tariff rate on semiconductors will increase from 25% to 50% by 2025. . . .

Electric Vehicles (EVs)

The tariff rate on electric vehicles under Section 301 will increase from 25% to 100% in 2024. . . .

Batteries, Battery Components and Parts, and Critical Minerals

The tariff rate on lithium-ion EV batteries will increase from 7.5%% to 25% in 2024, while the tariff rate on lithium-ion non-EV batteries will increase from 7.5% to 25% in 2026. The tariff rate on battery parts will increase from 7.5% to 25% in 2024.

The tariff rate on natural graphite and permanent magnets will increase from zero to 25% in 2026. The tariff rate for certain other critical minerals will increase from zero to 25% in 2024. . . .

Solar Cells

The tariff rate on solar cells (whether or not assembled into modules) will increase from 25% to 50% in 2024. . . .

Ship-to-Shore Cranes

The tariff rate on ship-to-shore cranes will increase from 0% to 25% in 2024. . . .

Medical Products

The tariff rates on syringes and needles will increase from 0% to 50% in 2024. For certain personal protective equipment (PPE), including certain respirators and face masks, the tariff rates will increase from 0–7.5% to 25% in 2024. Tariffs on rubber medical and surgical gloves will increase from 7.5% to 25% in 2026. . . .<<<

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Don't hold your breath for that ;).
Recently (a few weeks ago) I've come across the conservative The Bulwark that have a number of conservatives not very happy about Trump nor GOP. The author, Tim Miller, is a conservative that has been part of several GOP campaigns

I think you'll like this humorous article:

One quote from the article is the following:

>>>I asked Graham whether the debate made him more likely to come back around to our shared anti-Trump view from the glory days of 2016. Getting red-faced, the senator lashed out at me, saying I should be “ashamed” for opposing Trump. A heated back-and-forth ensued where he argued for Trump’s record and I reminded him that the Trump presidency ended with Graham running for his life from the supporters whom the former president had sicced on the Capitol. <<<

Another is:

>>>Just after Trump’s lame spin-room performance, I encountered a former Trump spokesman, Tim Murtaugh, a onetime establishment type I knew a little bit. He was huddled closely with one of the Washington Examiner’s MAGA content generators, Byron York. I leaned over and observed that Murtaugh had found a friendly voice. “Byron will write you something good,” I said. As Murtaugh grimaced at me, York grunted out “truck you.”<<<

Last edited:
Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
At the risk of engaging in "whataboutism," Biden recently hiked tariffs on China. I'm not saying it's equivalent to what Trump might do, but here it is:

>>>In response to China’s unfair trade practices and to counteract the resulting harms, today, President Biden is directing his Trade Representative to increase tariffs under Section 301 of the Trade Act of 1974 on $18 billion of imports from China to protect American workers and businesses. Steel and Aluminum . . .

The tariff rate on certain steel and aluminum products under Section 301 will increase from 0–7.5% to 25% in 2024. . . .

Semiconductors

The tariff rate on semiconductors will increase from 25% to 50% by 2025. . . .

Electric Vehicles (EVs)

The tariff rate on electric vehicles under Section 301 will increase from 25% to 100% in 2024. . . .

Batteries, Battery Components and Parts, and Critical Minerals

The tariff rate on lithium-ion EV batteries will increase from 7.5%% to 25% in 2024, while the tariff rate on lithium-ion non-EV batteries will increase from 7.5% to 25% in 2026. The tariff rate on battery parts will increase from 7.5% to 25% in 2024.

The tariff rate on natural graphite and permanent magnets will increase from zero to 25% in 2026. The tariff rate for certain other critical minerals will increase from zero to 25% in 2024. . . .

Solar Cells

The tariff rate on solar cells (whether or not assembled into modules) will increase from 25% to 50% in 2024. . . .

Ship-to-Shore Cranes

The tariff rate on ship-to-shore cranes will increase from 0% to 25% in 2024. . . .

Medical Products

The tariff rates on syringes and needles will increase from 0% to 50% in 2024. For certain personal protective equipment (PPE), including certain respirators and face masks, the tariff rates will increase from 0–7.5% to 25% in 2024. Tariffs on rubber medical and surgical gloves will increase from 7.5% to 25% in 2026. . . .<<<

As I wrote, my reaction to Trump tariffs was that it should be on all imports to USA, not just from China. This is similar to the steel and aluminium tariffs Trump imposed on all imports in 2017/2018, and that did not go very well, so to speak. There were some backtracking on that one. Absolutely dumb from both economy as well as security point of view.

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis