William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Possibly you are right!
It may actually very well be that the only one who really have courage to face putler ..... is Trump
I don’t claim to have the answers, but it seems to me under current administration, we’ve done nothing but funnel tax money, and weapons to two wars and haven’t done shitt. Not to mention the cluster F that was the US leaving Afghanistan.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
I don’t claim to have the answers, but it seems to me under current administration, we’ve done nothing but funnel tax money, and weapons to two wars and haven’t done shitt. Not to mention the cluster F that was the US leaving Afghanistan.
If putin is not stopped ..... he will go further and Europe's next, global world peace at risk here.

The only way to peace is more weapons!

JerryLove

JerryLove

Audioholic Ninja
Changing politicians can/may help in counteracting inflation. One contributor of this inflation was the $1.2B unneeded stimulus that Biden pumped into the economy as soon as he assumed office. This he did against the advice of several well regarded economists like Larry Summers.
The job market not collapsing added to inflation.
Reducing taxes would also add to inflation in the same way that giving money to people does.

As to Larry Summers, let me quote him:
"Fiscal stimulus for covid-19 relief can be a landmark achievement that helps the American economy turn the corner. But despite its scale, the limited scope of the Biden plan means that it must be a beginning and not an end. As its final details are crafted, it will be essential to carefully consider how the choices we make now may constrain what we are able to achieve in the future.

The Biden plan is a vital step forward, but we must make sure that it is enacted in a way that neither threatens future inflation and financial stability nor our ability to build back better through public investment."

I don't think "against the advice of" means what you think it means.

JerryLove

JerryLove

Audioholic Ninja
My point is that neither Trump, Biden, Harris or any other politician has the power to control prices and inflation, it is insanely complex, and the war in Ukraine is a big factor on what is happening with the economy now. .... I am not expert on this but the belief that changing politician leadership will fix the economic issues is like believing in Sznta Claus o_O
Huh?

So you don't believe that tax rates, interest rates, opening or closing businesses to foreign markets or competition, reducing or enlarging access to a workforce via immigration policy, constraints on financial leverging, etc... none of these have any impact on prices of anything? The 2007 collapse, and build up that led to it, had nothing to do with laws that allowed the sort of structured debt sales that funded it?

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Huh?

So you don't believe that tax rates, interest rates, opening or closing businesses to foreign markets or competition, reducing or enlarging access to a workforce via immigration policy, constraints on financial leverging, etc... none of these have any impact on prices of anything? The 2007 collapse, and build up that led to it, had nothing to do with laws that allowed the sort of structured debt sales that funded it?
That for sure affects inflation/deflation but it's a far cry from actually controlling it as @haraldo wrote.

JerryLove

JerryLove

Audioholic Ninja
That for sure affects inflation/deflation but it's a far cry from actually controlling it as @haraldo wrote.
I don't know that we have a bright-line definition of "control" here. Given what I suspect is meant: nothing at all controls inflation; it's an emergent property.

Conversely: many things have the power to influence inflation.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
I don't know that we have a bright-line definition of "control" here. Given what I suspect is meant: nothing at all controls inflation; it's an emergent property.

Conversely: many things have the power to influence inflation.
A number of people thinks that inflation/deflation can be "controlled" or fine-tuned, if you like, but then life intrudes and things runs away. For sure policies can make inflation/deflation run away i.e. make it substantially worse and we're had such moments in the last couple of decades, with deflation being the biggest risk.

So just blaming Biden, like the Repiblicans do, for the spike in inflation after COVID and supply chain problems is a little unfair as it was global, but USA has done better in this regards than most other advanced countries.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.

So just blaming Biden, like the Repiblicans do, for the spike in inflation after COVID and supply chain problems is a little unfair as it was global, but USA has done better in this regards than most other advanced countries.
But he is all powerful, isn't he? He controls the world. ;) :D

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
Huh?

It's not what I am trying to say.... but there is an insane global economy impact due to the wars and the sanctions following along and no politician can to a large extent counter the effects of this, I believe!

Last edited:
JerryLove

JerryLove

Audioholic Ninja
It's not what I am trying to say.... but there is an insane global economy impact due to the wars and the sanctions following along and no politician can to a large extent counter the effects of this, I believe!
Sanctions, as an example, are a governmental activity to begin with.

The only reason that the economies are as stable as they are is because governments, and their associated institutions, are actively working to balance growth and inflation.

There's no magic wand that simply disregards all other things and lets you force a given growth and inflation, of course, and heaven knows there's a law of unintended consequences, but the impact of governments and financial institutions is *huge*.

Hell: Look at inflation in education driven largely by the presence of government-backed loans and grants; or the relatively stable food prices driven by government subsidies (not to mention the relatively stable food supplies driven by government programs including paying for fallow fields).

And you cite wars as a major impact. Wars are started by governments. If the war in Ukraine is the cause of much of this, the cause of *that* is Putin. If the lack of smallpox is preventing destabilization, the cause of that is the WHO.

I suspect you and I either agree or aren't that far removed from one another as we seem in the posts. We are saying similar things but from opposite angles.

JerryLove

JerryLove

Audioholic Ninja
A number of people thinks that inflation/deflation can be "controlled" or fine-tuned, if you like, but then life intrudes and things runs away. For sure policies can make inflation/deflation run away i.e. make it substantially worse and we're had such moments in the last couple of decades, with deflation being the biggest risk.
If a policy can make it worse than a different policy can make it better. Do you really think that the US has had so consistent a CPI over the past century by happenstance rather than by policy and action?

Heck: let me tell you the story of how Mississippi, once the highest GDP in the US, became the lowest through a series of "not making policy decisions that other states did make"; such as their resistance to public education until after everyone else had, or their failure to invest in infrastructure for industrialization until very late in the game relative to other states, or their failure to prep for the information economy.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
I suspect you and I either agree or aren't that far removed from one another as we seem in the posts. We are saying similar things but from opposite angles.
I think so too :)

My angle is ... I am so lucky to have a Ukrainian wife ❤

isolar8001

isolar8001

Audioholic General
Oh Damn, Donny....Barack owned your fat stupid white ass tonight !
And yeah, he went...THERE, mushroom boy.

Last edited:
highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Where I live, there are lots of new flatblocks being built, with maybe 30+ flats in each, really cool and nice, great standard, lots of seafront apts.
most of them sold 1 year+ before being finished, sell way fast !!!!

Big demand for flats as people are selling out on their detached houses, targeting flats which are way less maintenance intensive and may serve for a higher standard of living :cool:

No garden to fix, no roof to maintain and upgrade, not needing to paint walls, the necessary maintenance outsourced to 3rd party....
In Milwaukee, lots of high-end apartment and condo developments have been built, but the city's population has been dropping for many years- actually, decades. These are mainly in places where they're easy to see from Lake Michigan, Milwaukee River or the highways and i t makes the city look new and fresh, but one or two blocks from the highway in some areas, the city is dilapidated, crime-ridden and falling apart. Also, many of the newer developments are only partially filled, not living up to the plans of the developers who often request funding from the city for construction/land development/environmental remediation, so lacking rental/purchase revenue doesn't hurt as much as it would if they were only using their money.

Even in the pricey apartments and condos where I have installed AV systems, the noise from neighboring units made me not want to live in one. While it can be a nice place and people may be very sociable/friendly, extraneous noise is annoying, at times. Not having to do the maintenance is an attractive aspect, though.

I have been hearing about HOAs in some areas doubling their fees in many areas- that's not something I want to deal with.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis