highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
I liked Clinton/Obama. We actually ran a budget surplus under Clinton.
Sure, because Congress was willing to work with him, Clinton knew he had to work with Congress and they hadn't blown off the concept of reigning in their spending.

T

TankTop5

Audioholic Field Marshall
Predictable works for me and most of the country. Who cares if its better for corporations? Corporations are already too fat and lazy and priveleged and with too few people benefitting, no need to make things easier for them. This Zaslav dude wants even poorer journalism so he can try and win the media consolidation war? Who benefits from that bullsh*t? We face potential collapses for bubbles all the time, just the way capitalism lurches around. Stock and financial markets in 29 or 08 were great for the country?
I watched much of the hearing yesterday and I knew there was an overt effort on social media to silence conservative media but had no idea how organized the effort was. You’re about to see massive lawsuits, rolling out and some could, and should turn into criminal anti trust charges.

I personally believe that big business is good and bad at the same time. The pendulum needs to swing from regulation to deregulation continually overtime, It’s not black and white. I recently became a partner in a roofing construction company, and 99% of our business is insurance. I had to raise some concerns on how some of these practices work and was told by attorneys and various vendors that we live in the Gray. My consolation came from my attorney that explained contractors do not have a huge lobby like insurance companies do, exploiting loopholes in legislation that insurance companies helped Craft is just help business is done

jinjuku

jinjuku

Reagan made videos for the Military and wasn't sent overseas because of his bad eyesight.

I never said he went to any front of the war. I said he finished up a shoot and didn't allow the studios to put in a deferment in on his behalf.

He willingly served. My father was a Vietnam era draft. He served his time in Germany during Vietnam.

highfigh

highfigh

I never said he went to any front of the war. I said he finished up a shoot and didn't allow the studios to put in a deferment in on his behalf.

He willingly served. My father was a Vietnam era draft. He served his time in Germany during Vietnam.
Big difference between making videos and going overseas. The deferment was done before he made any videos- that happened as soon as he went for the medical evaluation.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja

Due to his poor eyesight, Regan was classified for limited service only excluding him from serving overseas.

jinjuku

jinjuku

Big difference between making videos and going overseas. The deferment was done before he made any videos- that happened as soon as he went for the medical evaluation.
I'm not sure what you're trying to infer but I believe what ever it is is to be disingenuous to Reagan's service.

Maybe you can just spit out your aspersion.

For the record I was answering in rebuttal that Reagan was predominately an actor. I pointed out his military service during WW2 (I never spoke to where or how he served) I also pointed out his governship and presidency.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
I tend to think less regulation means business can run more efficiently and therefore bring prices and inflation down. .
In theory perhaps, not all the time ! Just check out what Medicare Advantage Plans have done with regards to runaway costs / expenses.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
In theory perhaps, not all the time ! Just check out what Medicare Advantage Plans have done with regards to runaway costs / expenses.
Your health care system is f*cked up with respect to costs and health outcome, and you're ripped off by companies.

Here is one, of many examples. A classical one is the price of insulin in US vs Canada though the Biden administration as lessened that burden substantivally for many Americans.

A more recent one is the weight loss drugs:

>>>While Novo Nordisk charges $1,349 a month for Wegovy in the U.S., the drug costs just $140 a month in Germany and $92 a month in the U.K.

Novo Nordisk has blamed middlemen in the U.S. healthcare system for the high prices of its top-selling weight-loss drugs Wegovy and Ozempic, following the launch of an investigation into the drugs led by U.S. Senator Bernie Sanders.

In a letter to the Senator for Vermont, the Danish pharmaceutical giant said it only retains 60% of the list price on both drugs [bold added], with the rest paid out to middlemen. ...<<<

But 60% of $1,349 is $809 which is 8,8 times the price in UK.

highfigh

highfigh

I'm not sure what you're trying to infer but I believe what ever it is is to be disingenuous to Reagan's service.

Maybe you can just spit out your aspersion.

For the record I was answering in rebuttal that Reagan was predominately an actor. I pointed out his military service during WW2 (I never spoke to where or how he served) I also pointed out his governship and presidency.
I wasn't dumping on him, but he didn't serve in the sense of being in harm's way.

highfigh

highfigh

I have a supplemental plan but the main things I have heard about supplemental is that they can deny coverage and they have lower limits, which is no big deal if someone stays healthy and doesn't push the coverage. Great prices, but if someone ends up with a catastrophic illness, it doesn't always go well.

I was watching some videos about countries that are retiree-friendly and the cost of living in some of them is insanely low. Some are relatively close to the US but Northern Cyprus is so inexpensive, I had to rewind and watch again. IIRC, rent for a 1 BR apartment tops out around $600/month and health care was in single digits. There was no mention of the details, but it would be interesting to look into it.

highfigh

highfigh

Your health care system is f*cked up with respect to costs and health outcome, and you're ripped off by companies.

Here is one, of many examples. A classical one is the price of insulin in US vs Canada though the Biden administration as lessened that burden substantivally for many Americans.

A more recent one is the weight loss drugs:

>>>While Novo Nordisk charges $1,349 a month for Wegovy in the U.S., the drug costs just $140 a month in Germany and $92 a month in the U.K.

Novo Nordisk has blamed middlemen in the U.S. healthcare system for the high prices of its top-selling weight-loss drugs Wegovy and Ozempic, following the launch of an investigation into the drugs led by U.S. Senator Bernie Sanders.

In a letter to the Senator for Vermont, the Danish pharmaceutical giant said it only retains 60% of the list price on both drugs [bold added], with the rest paid out to middlemen. ...<<<

But 60% of $1,349 is $809 which is 8,8 times the price in UK.

Then, there's the added charm of shytty diagnosis and treatment. The Orthopedic sturgeon who checked my knee wanted to argue about what I told him, didn't bother to order an MRI and sent me to physical therapy which, as it turned out, is exactly what I SHOULDN'T have been doing. When I finally got him to order the MRI, his first comment after seeing it was "Wow! That's a lot worse than I thought". Ya think? More recently, a friend was dealing with tumors in his leg and they went to some 'best in all the land' place, where they treated it with radiation. They also burned the shyte out of his leg because it was too intense and he has suffered through that for well over a year. Now that he's doing better, it's time for his wife to be dying. She had a bad cough and they tried to find a cause for around two years, but came up with nothing. Then, he cousin 's daughter-in-law heard the cough and said "You need to go to a Nephrologist- that can be a sign of Liver Cancer, which it is, plus other locations. I received a text from her cousin & husband on Monday, first saying that she wasn't doing well, then that my friend &wife might be coming back here soon.

The idea that doctors are like saviors is preposterous and the medical profession should be run more like it is in other countries. Another problem here is that people like to sue when something goes wrong and malpractice insurance is very expensive.

Then, there's the rampant greed.

The US system is terribly top-heavy with administration and that eats a lot of money.

jinjuku

jinjuku

I wasn't dumping on him, but he didn't serve in the sense of being in harm's way.
I still don't see your point. My father served during Vietnam war era, but in Germany. Does this make him 'less' somehow?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I still don't see your point. My father served during Vietnam war era, but in Germany. Does this make him 'less' somehow?
Yes, in a way compared to being in combat. My dad served in Germany in the Korean war, as he could translate russian....but he thought it mostly a paranoid joke.

jinjuku

jinjuku

Yes, in a way compared to being in combat. My dad served in Germany in the Korean war, as he could translate russian....but he thought it mostly a paranoid joke.
All I said is that Reagan served during WW2. Which is a fact. I don't think everyone that served got shot at if that's the absurd point being made.

I've got to say there is a peculiar crowd around here.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis