highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Though some will say I'm cold, what's amazing is there haven't been more attempts given Trump's escalation of hate. Thankfully they missed. However, I'll be tuning out on what I think Trump and conservative media will turn this into.
By that logic, why haven't people killed KKK leaders when their identity is known? Or anyone else who's widely hated? And your comment begs the question "Who would actually do it?".

I saw a video a couple of hours after this happened, with the shooter saying "I hate Republicans and I hate Trump, but you got the wrong guy".

highfigh

highfigh

Living in a peaceful, non-violent country......
I find this insanely shocking, here from BBC news

I just wonder how it is possible for someone to get inside the security perimeter with a rifle?
And there is a guy warning Police and Secret Service about shooter, and it seems Secret Service did not react to these warning until after shooting :rolleyes:

Some of us in the US think the same- people just can't stop this crap. The list of failures in this country is almost endless.

highfigh

highfigh

Now they're suggesting the secret service might have known someone was on a roof and allowed the rally to continue. A person said they were pointing to the guy climbing on the roof. A few hundred yards with a straight sight.
What, do you suppose, that actually means? The tin foil hat brigade might think the intelligence community knew about the shooter and wrote him off as a serious threat (at this point, 'Intelligence Community' sounds like a bunch of kids sitting around the rim of a sand box)? They knew where he was and saw him, yet did nothing.

I would have thought the Secret Service uses several rings of agent placement, to prevent this kind of thing, rather than a small number, firing outward.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
By that logic, why haven't people killed KKK leaders when their identity is known? Or anyone else who's widely hated? And your comment begs the question "Who would actually do it?".

I saw a video a couple of hours after this happened, with the shooter saying "I hate Republicans and I hate Trump, but you got the wrong guy".
I imagine because because kkk leaders are not on national news. Trump is.

highfigh

highfigh

I imagine because because kkk leaders are not on national news. Trump is.
So, this kind of killing is for getting attention for doing something sane people only think about, AKA, 'mental illness'.

And why aren't they on the news, considering the media tells us that they want to shine a light on injustice and bad people?

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
So, this kind of killing is for getting attention for doing something sane people only think about, AKA, 'mental illness'.
The way I understood it you were trying to draw an equivalence between Trump, a natl media figure, and a KKK leader nobody knows cause they get no natl exposure.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
Some of us in the US think the same- people just can't stop this crap. The list of failures in this country is almost endless.
i am hearing about UnUnited States.of America o_O
A story on this by Thomas Seltzer, famous Norwegian/American

Thomas claiming the American dream is dead!
Some shocking insight into whole societies falling apart .....
UXA - Thomas Seltzers America

I only been to the US three times, Orlando, Seattle/Redmond and Las Vegas.... only 100% great and meeting great people!

Last edited:
T

TankTop5

Audioholic Field Marshall
Not sure the security perimeter was out to where the shooter was.
From what I’ve read it was outside the perimeter and people were wondering around those buildings. I’ve listed to a couple experts who say it was a complete security failure. Roofs should have been covered and there should have been FLIR to detect heat signatures which is standard for presidential protection. Others have suggested it was requested and denied but I think it’ll be a long time if ever we get the whole story. Supposedly the Trump campaign is going to release requests they made to DHS and DHS formally denying additional security, this is from Trump Jr.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Supposedly the Trump campaign is going to release requests they made to DHS and DHS formally denying additional security, this is from Trump Jr.
Difficult taking the Trump Team as genuine on much of anything since it's likely political to accelerate his base. You'd need to know the size and radius of coverage, how many SS were required, additional security and what their patrol area are. An expert on these matters, and anything expert in conservative media usually means it won't happen. Because experts tell the truth. You need the phone call or request to DHS to prove it was denied. A paper trail. It requires more than X as a source.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Also, it seems to me SS are body guards. The six on the ground. So if SS has sharp shooters and what not you'd need to clarify that from the body guards and regular police on the ground.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
Not sure the security perimeter was out to where the shooter was.
AFAIK, the shooter was outside the inner security perimeter, but inside a "lower level" security parimeter; I reckon it is really basic security practices to have control on buildings with clear line-in-sight to the stage. I think it is really disturbing that something like this can happen, and that a crazy guy could get so easy access to this building less than 500 feet from Trump.

I been to the Army myself, where we used German designed AG-3 rifles, we were regularly at shooting ranges at 500 feet and 650 feet and even more. Hitting a 4" or 5" target at those distances is not difficult. I am really wondering very hard what Secret Service was doing here o_O

IMHO, Trump was exceedingly lucky here... a good shooter would never have missed at that distance.

Last edited:
highfigh

highfigh

i am hearing about UnUnited States.of America o_O
A story on this by Thomas Seltzer, famous Norwegian/American

Thomas claiming the American dream is dead!
Some shocking insight into whole societies falling apart .....
UXA - Thomas Seltzers America

I only been to the US three times, Orlando, Seattle/Redmond and Las Vegas.... only 100% great and meeting great people!
I don't think the American Dream is totally dead, but it was represented inaccurately for so long that people failed, became completely disillusioned and angry, so they gave up. People allow themselves to hate others because of their wealth, the distribution and difficulty in achieving success but if you look at who these angry/jealous people are, they often didn't learn to handle money, may not have had parents who knew or would/could teach about money, how to get ahead, etc. It doesn't just fall into someone's lap but when wealth is shoved into peoples' face on a minute by minute basis, it creates resentment. Robin Leach had a show called 'Lifestyles of The Rich & Famous'- I don't think that helped. Too much 'Look at what I have". The Kardashians are another example.

We also have news media that doesn't report news, they report agendas and it's very slanted; some to the Left, some to the Right, very little is truly balanced. Probably best to look at news sources outside of the US for that and even then, they need to be checked.

The US has a lot of people who gave up trying to live within the laws, so they don't. Crime rates rise and fall, but at the moment, it's best to stay away from some places.

highfigh

highfigh

Also, it seems to me SS are body guards. The six on the ground. So if SS has sharp shooters and what not you'd need to clarify that from the body guards and regular police on the ground.
Some are body guards, others doing background/admin and working with other law enforcement. I saw a report that a local cop climbed a ladder to the roof, the shooter turned and pointed the gun and the cop left. This is available from several sources. I'm pretty sure most police departments have at least one sniper, or at least access to a department that does.

I saw an interview with a guy who went to school with Cooks and described him by saying that he was bullied almost every day and "he was like a house cat". My question- 'Did anyone stand up to the bullies on Cooks' behalf?

T

TankTop5

Some are body guards, others doing background/admin and working with other law enforcement. I saw a report that a local cop climbed a ladder to the roof, the shooter turned and pointed the gun and the cop left. This is available from several sources. I'm pretty sure most police departments have at least one sniper, or at least access to a department that does.

I saw an interview with a guy who went to school with Cooks and described him by saying that he was bullied almost every day and "he was like a house cat". My question- 'Did anyone stand up to the bullies on Cooks' behalf?
In retrospect with a couple days to listen to experts as well as nut jobs I’m amendment my opinion a little. I think we’ll find out that the SS did notice people in the crowd yelling and took note hence why the sniper team was pointing at the buildings far right of the stage. The officer may have backed of when he realized he brought a pistol to a rifle fight but he probably called it in as well. Still those roofs should have had someone up there and when the threat was suspected SS should have gotten Trump off the stage before getting shot.

highfigh

highfigh

In retrospect with a couple days to listen to experts as well as nut jobs I’m amendment my opinion a little. I think we’ll find out that the SS did notice people in the crowd yelling and took note hence why the sniper team was pointing at the buildings far right of the stage. The officer may have backed of when he realized he brought a pistol to a rifle fight but he probably called it in as well. Still those roofs should have had someone up there and when the threat was suspected SS should have gotten Trump off the stage before getting shot.
The pistol should have been all he needed to stop Cooks. They practice, hopefully a lot and if they didn't before, they should. I saw suburban cops lying on their backs, arms extended under parked cars with their pistols aimed at the front door of a bank while it was being held up in the early-'90s and I would think that with all that has happened since, they would ramp up the training.

Once someone yells "GUN!", they need to move the target off of the stage, but that didn't happen.

highfigh

highfigh

MKE has officers from around the country for RNC- they're planning to keep many bars open until 4AM and a warehouse has been rented for large gatherings. I think both are mistakes.

T

TankTop5

The pistol should have been all he needed to stop Cooks. They practice, hopefully a lot and if they didn't before, they should. I saw suburban cops lying on their backs, arms extended under parked cars with their pistols aimed at the front door of a bank while it was being held up in the early-'90s and I would think that with all that has happened since, they would ramp up the training.

Once someone yells "GUN!", they need to move the target off of the stage, but that didn't happen.
I don’t disagree but it is what happened in this case… maybe, not sure if it’s confirmed

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis