M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
Speaking of ethics violation, does bribery count ? ;)

As I see it, the question is not if it's an ethics violation, but rather will the Senate do anything about it? The Senate Ethics Committee is like a weasel guarding the weasel house.

>>>But these repeated offenses beg the question: Is the Senate incapable of finding and rooting out potential corruption before it becomes a crime?

The answer seems likely to be yes. Unlike the House of Representatives and every major executive branch agency, the Senate has no independent body that is dedicated to investigating ethics violations, fraud, waste, or abuse. . . . This system does not work. A recent study found that of the 1,523 complaints sent to the Senate Ethics Committee since 2007, zero resulted in any formal disciplinary sanctions over 15 years. . . .

Would a better system of ethics enforcement, combined with more robust disclosure laws, have prevented all the corruption we saw laid bare in the Menendez indictment? Probably not; ethics laws and good enforcement, while essential for protecting the public’s trust, are not a panacea for all the government’s corruption woes.<<< (emphasis added)

https://campaignlegal.org/update/menendez-indictment-reveals-exactly-how-senate-ethics-enforcement-broken

>>>For the 14th straight year, the Senate Select Committee on Ethics has refrained from issuing any disciplinary sanctions, a trend that underscores the investigatory inaction of the panel charged with policing the conduct of senators.<<<

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
exactly and as Trumps claims his 'big' victory in Iowa............only 14% of registered Republicans showed up to vote !
While not that many showed up to vote, we have to accept as a voting base we didnt get behind another candidate, or simply come out to vote. Trump still won by 30 points. By default it is on us.

There Fixed it for you. ;) Oh nevermind. :confused:

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
People seem to forget that the numbers of people who voted in the recent Iowa cacuses are low by previous Iowa cacus numbers, and tiny by any November election numbers.

"The 110,000 voters who participated in the 2024 Iowa cacuses accounts for just under 15% of the state's 752,000 registered Republicans."

"In 2016, Republicans set a new record for turnout at the caucuses, with almost 187,000 GOP voters. Though the total made up only about a third of all registered Republicans, turnout at the 2016 caucuses greatly outnumbered the 2012 contest, which had about 122,000 voters. And in 2008, the turnout was similar, with 120,000 voters, making the 2024 Iowa caucuses turnout the lowest in more than a decade."
I'm not sure what can be learned from this result. There are several possibilities:
1. The results accurately reflect the overall leanings of Iowa GOP voters.
2. People assumed that Trump would win, so many who would have voted for another candidate didn't bother to vote.
3. Weather dissuaded many people from going to the polls, except Trump supporters are so devoted that they were more likely to defy the weather and get themselves to the polls.
4. People are so fed up with the GOP, that the smallest turnout in 24 years was the result.

Anything else?

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Yep like, Trump will pardon all of those Jan 6th "peaceful protestors" .
When BLM was out there, they were called 'peaceful protesters', too. This seems like a term that will be used far too often in the future as a way to avoid saying bad things about someone.

highfigh

highfigh

only if people actually get out and vote instead of talking a good game on a Forum or a at some bar.
If people didn't go out to the polls, how the hell did Biden receive 82+ million votes and Trump's total was more than 74 million- the US has never had more votes cast in a Presidential election and we know Biden isn't as popular as Obama.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
If people didn't go out to the polls, how the hell did Biden receive 82+ million votes and Trump's total was more than 74 million- the US has never had more votes cast in a Presidential election and we know Biden isn't as popular as Obama.
Can people like you (or Mikado) be saved? I doubt it.

First you'd have to know how many Democrats voted in person vs mail in. If there wasn't anything slippery going on than you'd have to conclude Trump lost because he's a great big polarizing dickhead who got the vote out via a blue wave. If Trump wins this time around it will be because enough Americans think Joe's policy sucks and will put up with the Orangutan. Should Trump lose again please don't ask or wonder why (a: because he's a great big polarizing dickhead).

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
I think what I've picked up on in the last two speeches is a new, kinder Trump. To believe this you'd have to basically omit the last eight years, his entire life I imagine. Or you don't watch news. Like not at all.:confused:

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Because there was the drumphy motivational factor involved perhaps. We do have more registered voters, tho. Who said people didn't go to polls? Isn't that exactly why the pubs got freaked out and started restricting access when possible?

ps how the hell did drumphy get 74 million votes, too, for that matter? Are there that many mentally deficient/racist/authoritarian/white nationalist/evangelical christians?

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
The man is a total con artist, his kindness is total BS, one minute your his bud /friend/ally, the next min he wants you jailed or publicly embarrassed.,
That’s undoubtedly true

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
1705742174586.png

They say if you look up at the sun too long you can go blind.:)

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
The man is a total con artist, his kindness is total BS, one minute your his bud /friend/ally, the next min he wants you jailed or publicly embarrassed.,
Redemption
Heart is giving out due to old age and cannot yell anymore.:)

highfigh

highfigh

Can people like you (or Mikado) be saved? I doubt it.

First you'd have to know how many Democrats voted in person vs mail in. If there wasn't anything slippery going on than you'd have to conclude Trump lost because he's a great big polarizing dickhead who got the vote out via a blue wave. If Trump wins this time around it will be because enough Americans think Joe's policy sucks and will put up with the Orangutan. Should Trump lose again please don't ask or wonder why (a: because he's a great big polarizing dickhead).
Did I hurt your feelings?

1- Biden was never as popular as Obama. Hell, he outspent McCain 3:1 and only won by 7.2%.
2- The US has never seen so many votes in a Presidential election.
3- 30% vote increase is the largest increase in votes for POTUS over the previous election.
4- The US had 168.31 million registered voters in 2020, 2022 records show 161.42 million. The 2020 election total is ~155 million votes, but the Census bureau shows that "66.8% of citizens 18 years and older" participated. The math doesn't work- don't claim that I'm saying anything about the integrity of the election- this is all info I found by searching.

Point 3-

Point 4-

Of course people voted for Biden in order to stop Trump but I'm not sure where 30 million voters came from (2016 total was ~128 million votes vs 2020 total of >155 million)- with that kind of increase, I'm not sure absentee and mailed-in vote totals made the difference.

Stop inferring. Also, you're conclusion about Trump winning because people will put up with him goes against any logic WRT the ~30 million vote increase and with his comment about never swore to uphold the Constitution and his lawyers seem to be on some very potent drugs if they actually believe (quoted from the link) "Trump's legal team wrote. "Section Three does not apply, because the presidency is not an office 'under the United States,' the president is not an 'officer of the United States,' and President Trump did not take an oath 'to support the Constitution of the United States.' ".

From Wiki-

"Before he enter on the Execution of his Office, he shall take the following Oath or Affirmation:— "I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."[2]"

The link also shows that the oath can be affirmed, rather than sworn but only one POTUS has done that- T-bag swore it, so his lawyers are morons.

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis