New Paradigm Studio .v5

strube

strube

Audioholic Field Marshall
Yes, more pics please!! Studio 100, CC690 and Studio 20 or 10. :)

Paradigm, still hasn't updated their website. Odd they would be selling them weeks before they would make it official. Or is this a new trend with the electronics companies? Heh...
Paradigm and sister company Anthem are really, really bad at updating their websites.

I have been a fan of Paradigm for quite a few years, and being a younger generation, am used to getting all of my info online. They have consistently been sometimes a year behind on updating it. Boo!

G

GB8

Enthusiast
Not sure I agree Strube. Paradigm, updated their website with the v.5 Monitor series pretty fast. I'm not exactly sure how long after they were announced though. But the v.5 Monitor series has been on the website for months.

In any case, I hope to see them listed on their website soon. Though, at this rate, I would have arrived back home in Toronto and have had a chance to demo them already. Perhaps even placed an order for the v.5 Studio system. :)

V

vworm1097

Audiophyte
My local dealer did not mention a new version until I asked him about it. My guess is that he is trying to get rid of all the V4's he has in stock. Now comes the problem: exact same V4 from another authorizes dealer in a different state was $325 cheaper! I wasn't trying to low ball either place that is just the price diff. I was quoted. I only checked the other store because I was out of town. So how will I know if I am getting the best price? Do i need to check all the surounding states? I will end up buying the V4's or V5's (once I see them). I am new to this, please bare with me. Any ideas on the price of the V5's?

G

GB8

Enthusiast
My local dealer did not mention a new version until I asked him about it. My guess is that he is trying to get rid of all the V4's he has in stock. Now comes the problem: exact same V4 from another authorizes dealer in a different state was $325 cheaper! I wasn't trying to low ball either place that is just the price diff. I was quoted. I only checked the other store because I was out of town. So how will I know if I am getting the best price? Do i need to check all the surounding states? I will end up buying the V4's or V5's (once I see them). I am new to this, please bare with me. Any ideas on the price of the V5's?
Not sure about the best street price in your area but here is the MSRP.

http://www.cepro.com/article/paradigms_studio_v5_speaker_line_gets_facelift_refinements/

Not a bad deal at all even at MSRP. Which is partly why I'm considering them too. The v.5.

V

vworm1097

Audiophyte
I know the prices have already been posted. My question is: Is it normal for 2 authorized dealer from 2 ajoining states to be that different on there pricing on the exact same speaker?

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Sure it's normal. They can mark them up as they see fit. I have two quotes, with a 200 buck difference, on just a center channel right now.

I went to my dealers last week with full intention of being blown away by the new looks and trading in my v.4 for the v.5. After looking at them side by side, I decided I liked the way the old ones look. This socked me as I have been drooling over the pictures of the v.5's.

Oh well, saved me some money.

Last edited:
V

vworm1097

Audiophyte
Continued...

Thanks for the input. For some reason I was under the impression that all dealers would be very close in pricing. Guess that is what I get for being new at this. I have family in other states now looking for a good deal on the speakers.

ParadigmDawg: I tried to PM you but I don't have enough posts yet. When I get the blessing to do that sort of thing I have a ? Or two for you.

H

Highbar

Senior Audioholic
Thanks for the input. For some reason I was under the impression that all dealers would be very close in pricing. Guess that is what I get for being new at this. I have family in other states now looking for a good deal on the speakers.

ParadigmDawg: I tried to PM you but I don't have enough posts yet. When I get the blessing to do that sort of thing I have a ? Or two for you.
When it comes to speakers prices can vary greatly. To me they are almost like gas, you pay more for it where they know you will pay (ie right on the highway or downtown), than you do in the suburbs. Where stores know they can get an extra 100 or 2 for a speaker they will. Shop around and see what prices you get.

Wow that didn't take long to edit:) It also helps if you have a good relationship with the dealer, they are known to give discounts.

V

vworm1097

Audiophyte
More drama...

This is becoming a real pain in my a**... I called the out of town dealer, he has now dropped the price even more in an effort to get rid of his V4 models. He is currently $422 cheaper than my local guy. So, I called my local guy to see what he could do. Instead of dropping his price, he said if the out of town dealer sells to me and I ever have a need for warrsnty service that it will have to go back to where I originally bought them. Paradigm will not allow him to service speakers bought from another dealer out of state. And, that Paradigm will shut that dealer down for selling to me. He said they do this so that the dealers territory is protected. It kinda made sence but really hacked me off because in the end he would not budge off his now much higher price.

Has anyone heard of this before? I just wanted a pair of speakers at a decent price so why should't I be able to shop around? And shouldn't any authorized Paradigm dealer help me with any possible warranty issues that may come up regusrdless from which one I purchased them from?

TheFactor

TheFactor

Something doesn't sound wright to me, it shouldnt make a difference what state you buy them in as long as there a authorised dealer I would think but dont quote me on it.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
That sounds like BS, call Paradigm and ask them.
This is becoming a real pain in my a**... I called the out of town dealer, he has now dropped the price even more in an effort to get rid of his V4 models. He is currently $422 cheaper than my local guy. So, I called my local guy to see what he could do. Instead of dropping his price, he said if the out of town dealer sells to me and I ever have a need for warrsnty service that it will have to go back to where I originally bought them. Paradigm will not allow him to service speakers bought from another dealer out of state. And, that Paradigm will shut that dealer down for selling to me. He said they do this so that the dealers territory is protected. It kinda made sence but really hacked me off because in the end he would not budge off his now much higher price.

Has anyone heard of this before? I just wanted a pair of speakers at a decent price so why should't I be able to shop around? And shouldn't any authorized Paradigm dealer help me with any possible warranty issues that may come up regusrdless from which one I purchased them from?

just-some-guy

just-some-guy

i am seriously thinking about getting all new speakers. and paradigms are high on the list. but the ones i want/like are $$$$. so i am biding my time, hoping for a deal to come along. much like the Bd35 i got from Phil :)

V

vworm1097

Audiophyte
more drama...

I posted a new thread on my issues with Paradigm, I did not want to hi-jack this one... Paradigm dealer/warranty - be aware...

thanks for your help...

G

GB8

Enthusiast
I think Paradigm is in the process of updating their website finally with v.5 "speaker". When I clicked on the Paradigm Ref icon on the top right the first speaker was the v.5 Studio 10. Other than that you only see a picture of the v.5 version of the CC690. When you click on "center" speaker. But if you click on the CC690 link you just see a picture of the v.4. Wonder how much longer it's going to take them to fully update all Ref Studio webpages with v.5 photos and data heh...

No matter. I will be back in Toronto next month to demo the v.5 in a HT setup any how. Will see if my new HT will include the v.5 or not then.

G

GB8

Enthusiast
BTW...you can now download Paradigms "Reference Catalogue 7.0" now. Has photos and information of all v.5 speakers. Now if only Paradigm would update the Ref Studio pages...

Sorry about the double post. Have asked to have one removed. :)

G

GB8

Enthusiast
That IS a good starting bid. But I'd prefer dealing with an established shop and salesman.

Btw...Paradigm has finally updated their website with all the new v.5 speakers. This includes the two new Studio subs. Wonder how much the new subs run.

Looking fwd to arriving home to demo a v.5 HT system. Just might be buying another Paradigm HT setup. :)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis