New Paradigm Studio .v5

B

bluegrassbubba

Enthusiast
The Sub-12, $1999.00
Sub-15, 2799.00

That IS a good starting bid. But I'd prefer dealing with an established shop and salesman.

Btw...Paradigm has finally updated their website with all the new v.5 speakers. This includes the two new Studio subs. Wonder how much the new subs run.

Looking fwd to arriving home to demo a v.5 HT system. Just might be buying another Paradigm HT setup. :)

Thaedium

Thaedium

Audioholic
The funny thing is, I bought my v.4's from this seller. He's a good guy in Kitchener, spent a couple hours down at his house packaging up a set of the v.4's, as at the time he had bought two pairs brand new and the wife and child didn't like having a set upstairs and downstairs.

G

GB8

Enthusiast
Thanks for the pricing Blue. Is that in Canuck$? Or US$? Either way those prices I might as well go with my first choice which is either a SVS PC13 Ultra or PB13 Ultra. Costs slightly less. And I always wanted to try a SVS.

G

GB8

Enthusiast
Has any one else noticed the resemblance to the B&W 800 series speakers?? :) Though, IMHO I think the v.5 look much better. I honestly do not like the teardrop tweeter that sits on the top of B&W 800 series speakers. I much prefer what Paradigm did and integrate it into the cabinet.

Now, how do the v.5 sound? Compared to the B&W 800 series, PSB Synchrony, KEF XQ...etc.? Will find out next month. So eager to get home to do a lot of demoing (one of the fun parts of buying a completely new HT system). Will be like Xmas except I'll be footing the bill. :)

And if I go with the v.5 I'll be deciding between the rosenut and cherry veneers. Haven't seen them in--person yet. Will depend how "real" they look or how plasticy. If they do then I'll just order them in basic black.

Maybe some one with a v.5 Studio 60 or 100 could take a few photos? Close enough for us to tell how good the veneer looks. Some one with a DSLR and a bit of talent? :)

bigred7078

bigred7078

Full Audioholic
Has any one else noticed the resemblance to the B&W 800 series speakers?? :) Though, IMHO I think the v.5 look much better. I honestly do not like the teardrop tweeter that sits on the top of B&W 800 series speakers. I much prefer what Paradigm did and integrate it into the cabinet.

Now, how do the v.5 sound? Compared to the B&W 800 series, PSB Synchrony, KEF XQ...etc.? Will find out next month. So eager to get home to do a lot of demoing (one of the fun parts of buying a completely new HT system). Will be like Xmas except I'll be footing the bill. :)

And if I go with the v.5 I'll be deciding between the rosenut and cherry veneers. Haven't seen them in--person yet. Will depend how "real" they look or how plasticy. If they do then I'll just order them in basic black.

Maybe some one with a v.5 Studio 60 or 100 could take a few photos? Close enough for us to tell how good the veneer looks. Some one with a DSLR and a bit of talent? :)
Hm IMO the Paradigm Signature series would be the comparable line to the B&W 800 series...

G

GB8

Enthusiast
Hey bigred,

Agreed. The B&W 800 series should really be compared to the Paradigm Signatures. Though IMHO if you're willing to pay the price for a Signature system you might as well go for a B&W 800 system. I don't feel the Signature differentiates itself enough from the Studios. They share too much tech.

The question for me is how much more impressive are the 800 series vs. the Studio v.5. As I am vaguely considering an "entry-level" 800 HT system as well. Is the difference night and day? Or very incremental? Or will I just prefer the overall sound from the Studio v.5? Or the PSB Synchrony's, KEF XQ...etc.

TheFactor

TheFactor

Audioholic Field Marshall
I think they look similar also but the digms added there own personal touch to the v5 imo

G

GB8

Enthusiast
As I said. I think the v.5 Studios look MUCH better. No protruding tweet. Will probably end up with the v.5 Studios as I watch movies more than I listen to music (which is where I think PSB's shine). But will see. I recall demoing KEF Coda series speakers maybe 10 yrs ago in a HT setup. Powered by Marantz receiver. Was very impressed with the sound quality. Just the cheap build quality was lacking. But it was KEF's entry-level series any how. Though, since I liked the Coda I just might love the XQ as it uses KEF's "Uni-Q" midrange driver technology. Was told it's "good". Haven't heard it yet.

bigred7078

bigred7078

Full Audioholic
I don't feel the Signature differentiates itself enough from the Studios. They share too much tech.
Well i don't know about that. Perhaps they share the common trickle down effect much like how the B&W 683's share the FST from the higher end 800 series, but this does not mean the 683's will be the same as the 802D's. The studios do have this similar methodology, but they are still pretty different.

The B&W's have their highly acclaimed diamond tweeters found on their highest end gear, just like the Paradigm Signatures have the highly sought after beryllium tweeters. These Be tweeters are some of the best around, and this definately separates them from the pack. They do share similar design as the Studios, but the crossover networks, tweeters and other drivers are all of higher quality.

G

GB8

Enthusiast
Well i don't know about that. Perhaps they share the common trickle down effect much like how the B&W 683's share the FST from the higher end 800 series, but this does not mean the 683's will be the same as the 802D's. The studios do have this similar methodology, but they are still pretty different.

The B&W's have their highly acclaimed diamond tweeters found on their highest end gear, just like the Paradigm Signatures have the highly sought after beryllium tweeters. These Be tweeters are some of the best around, and this definately separates them from the pack. They do share similar design as the Studios, but the crossover networks, tweeters and other drivers are all of higher quality.
Agreed Bigred. Not sure why I felt their technology was more similar than it actually is. :) I was aware of the Be tweets in the Signatures. Any how, the Signatures would be too much speaker for the room I'm intending to setup my new HT. Actually the Studio v.5 might be pushing it (planning on the Studio 100's for mains, CC690 and a pair of either Studio 10's or 20's...as I've mentioned...and a SVS sub).

Another 3 to 5 weeks and I can go demoing!! WooHOO!! :) Vienna's...heard good things about them. Never had the opportunity to audition those.

B

bluegrassbubba

Enthusiast
It's about time for some pics in this thread, awesome sound, couldn't be happier, the 690 fit perfect in the Salamander stand with the 11 inch riser.

corysmith01

corysmith01

Senior Audioholic
It's about time for some pics in this thread
Couldn't agree more! Thanks for sharing! The new cabs on the v.5's sure are sharp. Congrats.:D

G

GB8

Enthusiast
Congrats on the new gear Bluegrassbubba!! Thanks for posting the pics. The Rosenut veneer is nice. Actually looks "real" and not "plasticy" as on some other brands. I think I'll be ordering the Rosenut...though I would like to see them in Cherry too first.

Hope I can find a 11" riser to fit on maybe a Madrid. Where did you buy the riser? Was it made by Salamander?

Last edited:
B

bluegrassbubba

Enthusiast
I considered the Cherry but after seeing it, it was a little orange to me, not the nice color of the Sig's. Yes the riser is Salamader as well, they offer 8, 10,11,12 inch on the posts for the riser. I've got two of these racks, nice construction, I like them.

Congrats on the new gear Bluegrassbubba!! Thanks for posting the pics. The Rosenut veneer is nice. Actually looks "real" and not "plasticy" as on some other brands. I think I'll be ordering the Rosenut...though I would like to see them in Cherry too first.

Hope I can find a 11" riser to fit on maybe a Madrid. Where did you buy the riser? Was it made by Salamander?

bigred7078

bigred7078

Full Audioholic
Agreed Bigred. Not sure why I felt their technology was more similar than it actually is. :) I was aware of the Be tweets in the Signatures. Any how, the Signatures would be too much speaker for the room I'm intending to setup my new HT. Actually the Studio v.5 might be pushing it (planning on the Studio 100's for mains, CC690 and a pair of either Studio 10's or 20's...as I've mentioned...and a SVS sub).

Another 3 to 5 weeks and I can go demoing!! WooHOO!! :) Vienna's...heard good things about them. Never had the opportunity to audition those.
lol its all good man. The studio 100's are a fantastic speaker though! If you get the setup you are planning for you will definately have a rocking setup!

And i love my Viennas, but if you wanting mainly a HT setup then look elsewhere (unless you cant stand bright speakers), but if your like me and are more focused on music, then the Viennas certainly are the perfect intimate listening speaker :)

Im wanting to eventually pick up the same 'digm package you want for a dedicated HT :cool:

G

GB8

Enthusiast
I considered the Cherry but after seeing it, it was a little orange to me, not the nice color of the Sig's. Yes the riser is Salamader as well, they offer 8, 10,11,12 inch on the posts for the riser. I've got two of these racks, nice construction, I like them.
Is it me or did Salamander stop offering the risers?? Can't see them on their website. As I said. Would love to find a riser large enough to sit ontop the Madrid cabinet. Again. Would like to avoid wall mounting my future 60" plasma (Pioneer Elite Signature).

T

thenewton

Audiophyte
Is it me or did Salamander stop offering the risers?? Can't see them on their website. As I said. Would love to find a riser large enough to sit ontop the Madrid cabinet. Again. Would like to avoid wall mounting my future 60" plasma (Pioneer Elite Signature).
salamanderdesigns.com/syn/synergy.jsp?modelbase=slr

Sorry can't post the direct link because I am new. I think you might be stuck with the Synergy design to get the risers.

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis