New Paradigm Studio .v5

Chopin_Guy

Chopin_Guy

Senior Audioholic
Thanks Warpdrv...I was also wondering if you knew what some of the differences in the v.3 to v.4 Studio line would have been. As there is a dealer selling his demo black Studio 100's v.3's for a great price and that sounds inticing as well---not to mention they will come with a warranty...

I thought I have read a couple of times that some users preferred the v.3 over v.4---but that is totally subjective. Nonetheless if I could snag a set of the 100's I might go for it....either the 60's or 100's will be a step up in sound quality from my RTi12's from what I have heard thus far...

Warpdrv

Warpdrv

Audioholic Ninja
When I was looking at the Studio line, the .v4 just came out and the dealer had a set of .v3's and .v4 100's.... I made him put them side by side and listened back and fort for hours, dealer was quite accommodating, but he got a decent sale out of it.

IMO the difference between the .v3 and .v4 was so small that I could hardly tell the difference. I would have been more then happy with the .v3's but the .v4's were the new hotness and I went for them instead. If you can score a really sweet deal on them, I wouldn't hesitate. He's obviously been sitting of them for quite some time here is and sounds like he is motivated to more them.

Paradigmfan

Audiophyte
I am in the market to purchase the new Studio20 v.5, but I have a hard time trying to have a dealer sell them online or mail order , since I am too busy to go to a local store . I guess I try PSB instead.

bigred7078

bigred7078

Full Audioholic
I am in the market to purchase the new Studio20 v.5, but I have a hard time trying to have a dealer sell them online or mail order , since I am too busy to go to a local store . I guess I try PSB instead.
Sometimes its against manufacturer policy to sell product online without consent and that would therefore void the warranty. Other dealers do not like to ship product because 1.) it's a hassle 2.) to much risk for it to be damaged 3.) They end up eating the shipping charges if you are not wanting to pay them. I suggest you plan some time in advance to make a trip out to a dealer since it sounds like you don't have one locally.

H

HappyListener

Audiophyte
Paradigm Studio 60 V.5

Hello everyone,

I'm new here. Just want to say hello and put my two cents in.

Before I get to the Paradigm's let me rant a few paragraphs first.

I have been looking for some nice floor standing speakers to replace my Proac 2000 Signatures bookshelf speakers. I just want some dynamics and bass for once. I been looking at many speakers and notice how many of them, and also electronics, are now being made in China!

I have to agree with some other people on here like bluegrassbubba. I was thinking of getting PSB speakers but just found out they sold out and are making ALL of their speakers in China.

It really makes me mad and sad. I am not Canadian, but I have no respect for these people and companies who sell out there workers jobs so they can make a thicker profit. People like Paul Barton from PSB speakers. He uses the acoustical resources of Canada’s National Research Council in Ottawa, Canada. This is paid by Canadian tax payers to help fund HIS research. Then he moves his manufacturing to China and fires most his workers. Boo to him. Thumbs down. Sell out!

I also don't see his speakers being any less expensive either since the move. Where is the profit going to?? If all the manufacturing in First World countries move to China then who in these First World countries will be able to afford those products when they have fewer and fewer jobs to pay for them?

I like our standard of living in Europe, North America, Japan, Australia, and New Zealand. It should be protected. We have workers rights, human rights, and environmental standards. None of which China has. They are selling us down the polluted Yellow river.

Well, on that unhappy note lets turn to something more happy.

I just listened the other day to the Paradigm Studio 60's V.5. I have to say I really liked them a lot. The build quality is absolutley first rate. They are a very neuteral sounding speaker with a big soundstage. Clear, not too bright, and with good bass.

They were hooked up to a Jolida 302 integrated amp and those 50 tube watts drove them just fine. I liked the sound with the tubes and the Paradigms together. Very, very nice. Clarity and warmth all in one. Also, a nod goes to the Jolida which impressed me way more than I ever thought it would.

So I think I will buy the Paradigm's. Same price as the PSB Imagines but better built (non toxic too :) and most important, Made in Canada!

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
The 60's impressed me the least out of all the Studio Series. The 40's pretty much keep up with them for less money and the 100's blow them away.
Well, on that unhappy note lets turn to something more happy.

I just listened the other day to the Paradigm Studio 60's V.5. I have to say I really liked them a lot. The build quality is absolutley first rate. They are a very neuteral sounding speaker with a big soundstage. Clear, not too bright, and with good bass.

They were hooked up to a Jolida 302 integrated amp and those 50 tube watts drove them just fine. I liked the sound with the tubes and the Paradigms together. Very, very nice. Clarity and warmth all in one. Also, a nod goes to the Jolida which impressed me way more than I ever thought it would.

So I think I will buy the Paradigm's. Same price as the PSB Imagines but better built (non toxic too :) and most important, Made in Canada!

Warpdrv

Warpdrv

Audioholic Ninja
The 60's impressed me the least out of all the Studio Series. The 40's pretty much keep up with them for less money and the 100's blow them away.
Yeah, but they don't make the Studio 40's anymore with the .v5 line... :cool:

F

fredk

Audioholic General
So I think I will buy the Paradigm's. Same price as the PSB Imagines but better built (non toxic too and most important, Made in Canada!
Paradigm also does a considerable amount of manufacturing in China.

Now the anti-rant. If you wind back the clock 100-150 years, Europe was making the same complaints about the US. Time marches on. Things change...

Patrukas777

Patrukas777

Senior Audioholic
Today I went to a local Paradigm Dealer to check out the new Studio 100 V.5. I spent 2 hours listening to them. I could not believe how loud, clear, detailed, and accurate they were. I cranked them up and there was no fatigue or harshness. I never noticed how poor some of the recordings were until I heard them through these speakers. I didn't get a chance to see how they sound with HT movies....I can only imagine they will be very detailed.

I think I found my next speaker. I can see why there are many loyal Paradigm customers out there....v.5 rocks!

D

drinke

Junior Audioholic
Thanks Warpdrv...I was also wondering if you knew what some of the differences in the v.3 to v.4 Studio line would have been. As there is a dealer selling his demo black Studio 100's v.3's for a great price and that sounds inticing as well---not to mention they will come with a warranty...

I thought I have read a couple of times that some users preferred the v.3 over v.4---but that is totally subjective. Nonetheless if I could snag a set of the 100's I might go for it....either the 60's or 100's will be a step up in sound quality from my RTi12's from what I have heard thus far...

For what its worth, I recently bought NIB 40 v3s (I already owned the 40 v4s).

I've had the v3s in my home now for several months, and after many many hours of side-by-side listening, on many different types and sources of music, I think the basic difference is that the v3s are a more forward speaker and I think for that reason may give the impression, perhaps, of a broader sound stage (I notice this mainly on vocals) and the impression I get is that there is slight loss of detail.

The 40s are, by contrast, a more laid back speaker, less forward, but also with very an excellent sound stage. I found they are also a little more detailed.

But having said this, you are right, it is subjective - both are very good speakers. I think each has certain strenghts but they are slight - and the observations I made above are based on a lot of very critical (almost psychotic) listening.

I got a great deal on the 3s, so no complaints - and they are excellent for their location (2nd room). If I had to give the edge, it might be to the 4s simply because they are slightly more detailed.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis