langbecker

langbecker

Audioholic Intern
Hello , i have a marrantz sr5013..

I have only had it a short time...

Issues stsrted with my old vizio tv and cable box on super bowl. Stsrted intermittently losong video, so i replaced cable box and every single hdmi cord i have

So i thought i fixed the problem,

In between this time i bought a new Samsung q60 75" , set everything up on arc etc.. then it start periodically just shutting off.. tv and avr

So im thinking my brand new tv is wonky..

Well yesterday 4/6 watching spiderman blueray on my 4k player (NOT 4K) and it stsrted doing the intermittent sound and video loss.

Now my hands are in the air and im getting pissed. I have 3500$ in cables and equipment only to still be experiencing same issue.

So accessories4less service tells me to run hdmi diagnostics...

I get an error says contact support... ERRH1-10

I call marrantz and of course they have me do cliche troubleshooting power cycle, un plug this un plug that , are my cables goood yada yada...

Then he tries to say its my power outlet and i dont have enough ventilation mind u i have 5" over top , 3 on each side....

Does anyone here have a clue as to what the deal is? According to a page i found errh-10 is hardware failure.. is this accurate.

Im at my wits end

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Hopefully, PENG will jump in or LTHD they can help for sure. But since your getting a code I believe your right your AVR has a issue for sure.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I didn't find anything specific, but coincidentally that's the same code they use for an example in the manual.

Screenshot_2020-04-07-16-54-42-1024x640.png

langbecker

langbecker

Audioholic Intern
Yea, marantz guy didnt have a clue , it was obvious. Now i have to call back and escalate it

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
IMO, ARC seems to be a real pain in the butt. I would suggest bypassing that feature and use the usual HDMI connections. WHO NEEDS ARC? IT'S A LOT EASIER WITHOUT IT!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Seems you're beyond the 30 day return period A4L offers, so then the only real choice is to go to Marantz and escalate for warranty relief. Have you run microprocessor reset? Didn't see that mentioned. Sometimes its suggested to run it several times.

langbecker

langbecker

Audioholic Intern
I have not done that... is it basically a master reset?

langbecker

langbecker

Audioholic Intern
IMO, ARC seems to be a real pain in the butt. I would suggest bypassing that feature and use the usual HDMI connections. WHO NEEDS ARC? IT'S A LOT EASIER WITHOUT IT!
Pretty sure its its hardware failure happening at this point.

It still works, luckily marrantz said they have technicians local so they can send someone over mailing it.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Pretty sure its its hardware failure happening at this point.

It still works, luckily marrantz said they have technicians local so they can send someone over mailing it.

Never heard that one before, where are you?

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Seems you're beyond the 30 day return period A4L offers, so then the only real choice is to go to Marantz and escalate for warranty relief. Have you run microprocessor reset? Didn't see that mentioned. Sometimes its suggested to run it several times.
Well I can not find what that error code signifies. I would not assume it is the receiver, but probably is. However Samsung TVs are well known for HDMI ports not following the rules. So there is a good possibility the error code relates to a communication issue. Personally my opinion is that a Samsung TV should never be purchased.

In future I would never consider such a problem prone item as receiver be purchased from an outfit like Accessories4less. It is just too risky.

The receiver I installed up in Benedict in February has had no issues. However the way it becomes a space heater when driven, made me think it would probably not have a long life unless treated very gently.

One good thing that I hope will come out of the awful tragedy of this pandemic is a return to far less dependence of Far Eastern manufacture. We need to get back to products that proudly proclaim, made in the USA, made in England, Switzerland etc. like it used to be. I try as much as I can to surround myself with equipment from that far better time. I have a lot of it in regular use and they are among my most prized possessions, especially my Quad gear. Back then any unit that failed even out of warranty was regarded as a personal failure, literally. How low we have sunk.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Well I can not find what that error code signifies. I would not assume it is the receiver, but probably is. However Samsung TVs are well known for HDMI ports not following the rules. So there is a good possibility the error code relates to a communication issue. Personally my opinion is that a Samsung TV should never be purchased.

In future I would never consider such a problem prone item as receiver be purchased from an outfit like Accessories4less. It is just too risky.

The receiver I installed up in Benedict in February has had no issues. However the way it becomes a space heater when driven, made me think it would probably not have a long life unless treated very gently.

One good thing that I hope will come out of the awful tragedy of this pandemic is a return to far less dependence of Far Eastern manufacture. We need to get back to products that proudly proclaim, made in the USA, made in England, Switzerland etc. like it used to be. I try as much as I can to surround myself with equipment from that far better time. I have a lot of it in regular use and they are among my most prized possessions, especially my Quad gear. Back then any unit that failed even out of warranty was regarded as a personal failure, literally. How low we have sunk.
I have two long running Samsung plasma tvs, no problems. With consumer electronics of many types you do roll the dice somewhat, just the nature of things.

You bought a receiver to power low impedance speakers or something? What drove you to such an insane move? LOL.

langbecker

langbecker

Audioholic Intern
Normally i would agree, however the same issue happened with my vizio as well. Not Samsung alone, so that in turn leads me to believe its not a tv issue.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Near atlanta.

Interesting, was thinking you might be up near Panurgy or something. Curious who reps them in your area....and hopefully the tech can figure it out for you.

langbecker

langbecker

Audioholic Intern
I hope so, marrantz did say if push comes to shove, i still have my warranty for replacement.

I did notice however marrantz is like a space heater regardless the impedance of my speakers or volume of my listening habits.

I ordered an ac infinity fan to couple this potential issue for future problems

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I hope so, marrantz did say if push comes to shove, i still have my warranty for replacement.

I did notice however marrantz is like a space heater regardless the impedance of my speakers or volume of my listening habits.

I ordered an ac infinity fan to couple this potential issue for future problems

I think adding cooling to avrs these days is a good move.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
I have two long running Samsung plasma tvs, no problems. With consumer electronics of many types you do roll the dice somewhat, just the nature of things.

You bought a receiver to power low impedance speakers or something? What drove you to such an insane move? LOL.
To be any good speakers pretty much have to be 4 ohms, unless they are small bookshelves. The reason is the BSC compensation. If the speaker is passive then the BSC compensation drives the impedance down in the power range. In a passive speaker the only way to get more power out of the amp in that range is to drop the impedance. There is no other way of doing it, unless we are going to make 16 ohm drivers again. Then the amps would be voltage limited in the upper range instead. That would also have the effect of lowering the sensitivity spec, which the marketers would not tolerate.

Since 16 ohm drivers are a thing of the past, all my speaker designs are effectively four ohms. In addition four ohms really is the sweet spot for the load of a properly designed amplifier. So yes, an amplifier not comfortable with a four ohm load, in my opinion is not fit for purpose.

Hopefully the system in question will work for awhile as the owners are comfortable not blasting it. Within those limits it does not get over hot and sounds good. Start to push it and its another story. If it becomes a problem for them, we will just add more power for the front three. Really good speakers are everything, and it is ridiculous to have power amplification in receivers limit your choice of speakers.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis