Look what fell out of my mailbox Lol

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Just FYI I know some of this stuff already I do read the manuals I just like dumbing it down and getting feedback from you guys so anyone who wants to buy one can get some good info from the thread. I'm not dumb yaknow :rolleyes:

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Just FYI I know some of this stuff already I do read the manuals I just like dumbing it down and getting feedback from you guys so anyone who wants to buy one can get some good info from the thread. I'm not dumb yaknow :rolleyes:
@Danzilla31 Hey, you do Vinyl? If so, I have this new Vinyl Weight stabilizer for Vinyl it also Doubles with filtering out high Wow and Flutter. There is a shorter Version for Vinyl guys that like the top down. I like the top off or up it helps with blocking Ugly Slut looking down while your doing Business. After all it's Your money, what's the Difference when you paying for 100 dollars in body weight or 20 dollars in phonohead. ;)
49D072F8-AC6B-4206-9282-CB80EB813AD6.jpeg

Last edited:
D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
After you set everything up, also install the free Yamaha AV Controller app and MusicCast app on your iPad and Phone. So much easier to use than the actual physical remote control.

Okay serious question for all you guys.

When setting up channel levels for each speaker manually I noticed that you need to leave test tones on then jump over to channels threw me off for a sec.

But I also noticed that the volume on the test tones stays the same as you adjust your channel levels. Say you had it on -40 on test tones that will be where it's set at when you jump over to channels as you adjust each level.

So my assumption is that you set the volume to where it is close to 75db then you tweak your channel levels from there?

Been looking through the manuals and online and can't get a clear answer on this

Any help appreciated

Any reason why they did it this way is it so you can have an idea of what reference volume is at on your reciever?

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Okay serious question for all you guys.

When setting up channel levels for each speaker manually I noticed that you need to leave test tones on then jump over to channels threw me off for a sec.

But I also noticed that the volume on the test tones stays the same as you adjust your channel levels. Say you had it on -40 on test tones that will be where it's set at when you jump over to channels as you adjust each level.

So my assumption is that you set the volume to where it is close to 75db then you tweak your channel levels from there?

Been looking through the manuals and online and can't get a clear answer on this

Any help appreciated

Any reason why they did it this way is it so you can have an idea of what reference volume is at on your reciever?
My Denon X4500H did something similar where as you went to each channel you could adjust the volume as you adjust trim to get to 75db made sense set a reference and you don't clip your channels but it was all done at level adjust you didn't have to jump back and forth between the level and test tones like you do here

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Make that PORTS and I'll drop a winner on your post bro :D
Thi
Make that PORTS and I'll drop a winner on your post bro :D
lolo, :D This isn't as easy as one would believe. ;) Don't know if you watched Genes video on over priced cables. Trying to Explain in layman's terms, He did a Fantastic job on that video was very informative and really not joking about that. I'm the one give him the idea on trying Laymans terms with audio. I'll come up with something Dan.;) Your posting up some really good tips and info on your thread a few things that will Definitely help with my a1080.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Okay new update I'm really loving that phone app and music cast that @AcuDefTechGuy told me too download. Works perfect and picked up my Yammy right off the bat and synced perfectly works better then the remote

Now if I can just make sure I'm setting my channel trims right I'll be good to go

Last edited:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Now if I can just make sure I'm setting my channel trims right I'll be good to go
You could just run YPAO to level match the channels. Then afterward, change YPAO to THROUGH mode to bypass. And manually set speaker size to SMALL and XO to 80-120Hz (I use 120Hz). And boost the subs, center channel, Atmos channels or do manual PEQ.

I use Manual PEQ, instead of Through mode, because I like to use the PEQ for the sub1 & sub2.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Okay never mind guys I am a dumb a$$ I figured out how to manually set levels

For anyone new buying this leave test tones on and go level for each channel tweak the trim and the master volume till you get it just right

I have my volume range set at +16.5 thru -90 that left my volume at -13 to get my trims right and -3 on the subs

Let's see when listening if I even need to come close to that

I like it though gives you some idea of a reference where your at on the volume

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
You could just run YPAO to level match the channels. Then afterward, change YPAO to THROUGH mode to bypass. And manually set speaker size to SMALL and XO to 80-120Hz (I use 120Hz). And boost the subs, center channel, Atmos channels or do manual PEQ.

I use Manual PEQ, instead of Through mode, because I like to use the PEQ for the sub1 & sub2.
Thanks buddy I figured it out

I'll be buying more subs so I'm just using bypass mode I won't get serious except for level matching until all 4 beautiful subs are sitting in this room

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Thanks buddy I figured it out

I'll be buying more subs so I'm just using bypass mode I won't get serious except for level matching until all 4 beautiful subs are sitting in this room
Then I'll start going with the manual PEQ

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Okay wow! I mean just wow. It sounds amazing on movies I have no need to even go past -35 on the volume. I can't really tell a difference with AI on and off with 4k movies but I've heard that it sounds good with AI on older 5. and 7. Sources unmixed. If that's the case then I'll let you guys know and if that's the case I'll be going with AI on at all times. AI will be off for music

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
So in summary the build is fantastic
The menu and UI very easy and intuitive

Setup was a breeze except for some learning curves on my part but once done it was super easy to use anything

The phone app and music cast app are superb the phone app works better then the remote for crying out loud

It sounds amazing with movies I loved my Anthem for movies too but this sounds every bit as good I mean every bit and for a less price like a 1,000 less even at MSRP I'm super happy about that

I'll let you guys know about music but since this is a theater room it doesn't really matter

For anyone looking for a great 11.2 prepro I think this takes the cake over everything I've listened to.

It's bug free and yamaha is the best on reliability I mean I hooked it up without an issue none that usually never happens. I feel that this is the most overlooked prepro on the market right now for 11.2 the true unsung dark horse

I fully recommend the Yamahw CX A5200 and give it a four PORT rating that's the best rating you can ever hope to get from me

Since Anthem is taking forever to respond to me on fixing the Anthem I have a feeling the Yamaha will end up staying even when I get it back I like the Yammy that much. I'm not bashing Anthem they're staff just had COVID and they are dealing with the new AVM 70 rollout it is what it is. I understand there side but that's just the price you pay when you make someone wait and you get to purchase a Yummy Yamaha will waiting

Give me a bit and I'll post a second review in a new thread on my opinions of the Outlaw 7000X

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis