Look what fell out of my mailbox Lol

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
At 2 volts, THD+N = 0.003%
At 4 volts, THD+N = 0.015%

You’re not going to hear any distortion or noise either way. But the “issue” is that it’s not considered by some people to be “state of the art”.

SNR in Pure Direct Mode = 101dB, which Gene says is excellent.

These measurements were done back in January 2020. I wonder if Yamaha has made any changes to the CX-A5200 since the day Gene brought this non-SOTA issue to their attention. But we won’t know for sure unless someone like ASR gets his hands on a new CX-A5200. :D
I think they told him they can't it's not something they could fix until the next model rolls out

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Another question spoke with my dealer and it's new not a return should I still do a factory reset then? Don't want to do extra if I don't have too
Always, according to every manufacturer who held tech/product training for us.

That's hardly 'extra'- it's a couple of button presses and waiting for a few minutes.

highfigh

highfigh

Hey can do me a favor what's the instructions on doing a hard reset for this model I've been looking and can't find any I found the way to do it for the 5100 model but not this one just want to make sure I do it right
Go to pg 147 and look at the right side, then go to pg 150, as the list shows-

these can't be set up or operated with any level of advancement without reading the manual- you need to look at AVRs as computers with a lot of audio and video inputs & control. It's not realistic to think it will configure itself because they have so many options and because they aren't used in the same specific ways, by all people.

https://usa.yamaha.com/files/download/other_assets/8/1215228/web_AV17-0237_CX-A5200_om_UCABGLVF_En_D0.pdf

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Hey what kind off audio slut do you think I am bro? You need to at least buy me a big Mac before I'm taking anything off. I do have standards you know

:D
Here first one of my a1080 is free with the Top off :eek:
CFAABC89-4AE3-4FA1-B4A9-7E2CDBF483C9.jpeg

You'll have to pay for the VIP treatment for close ups of the sweet spots. :D
("Hey what kind of Slut do you think I am")
Don't Sluts Usually give the first one for free :p Take IT Off! There! I just made it rain Dollars for ya!

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
First class.
One last question and thank you for your patience. I hate room eq and prefer to tune my system manually including subs . Not by ear of course. There is a lot of setup I won't be using due to this. Should I not worrying about running setup with the laptop. A lot of the more advanced features I won't be interested.
At least not until I know what is up with the Anthem and which unit I prefer. I'm starting to suspect it will be the Yamaha but I need to test drive it first in all fairness I just really like the build quality tho. Very impressed so far

K

Kleinst

Senior Audioholic
This is going to be a really great case study. What channels is the Outlaw driving? I have 2 outlaws but they are ATI's so I'm really curious to see how you like the 7000x. I bet it will be great.

You plan to keep all the devices or do a bake off and sell what loses?

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Also when one cross's over into Texas there are signs that say "Don't Mess With Texas" There is a Double meaning to that little message ;) Post up your thoughts on your new Pre-Pro when you get it setup.

(from Family Guy)

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
This is going to be a really great case study. What channels is the Outlaw driving? I have 2 outlaws but they are ATI's so I'm really curious to see how you like the 7000x. I bet it will be great.

Bake off and sell what loses

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan

I might keep I'm torn lol

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja

(from Family Guy)
I don't live in Texass!! @Danzilla31 You do live in Texas right! @KEW Man done posted on Your Thread "The F$$k You State" Wow on the Mans Thread! I'd watch your 6 Kew. You just may find a Long Horn up your A$$. :cool: By the way @KEW you live on the East coast's right? Trouble finding gasoline? You from Georgia right? oh Ouch!!

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Okay everything is hooked up projectors working all cabling has been cleaned up all the speakers are working need to test the subs will do that in a little bit going thru the manual and will start learning how to set it up manually

So far so good

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
After you set everything up, also install the free Yamaha AV Controller app and MusicCast app on your iPad and Phone. So much easier to use than the actual physical remote control.

highfigh

highfigh

One last question and thank you for your patience. I hate room eq and prefer to tune my system manually including subs . Not by ear of course. There is a lot of setup I won't be using due to this. Should I not worrying about running setup with the laptop. A lot of the more advanced features I won't be interested.
At least not until I know what is up with the Anthem and which unit I prefer. I'm starting to suspect it will be the Yamaha but I need to test drive it first in all fairness I just really like the build quality tho. Very impressed so far
The parts of the setup on a laptop that are made easier include all of the input/output assignments, crossover settings, tuner presets & streaming settings like favorites. Using the remote and on screen display don't allow accessing all of these settings because they (all of the manufacturers, really) intend for the higher models to be set up by professionals. Look at all of the questions that involve basic settings on forums, FB, etc- not pointing fingers at you because what you had asked for isn't a basic setting, but the manual has so much info for a reason and that needs to be accessed in order to fully set up an AVR. Nobody needs to think it has to be remembered- the only people who will are the ones who set these up on a regular basis and even then, we just use the pdf after becoming familiar with where the info is located.

If the manual won't be read (I don't like reading them, either), people need to think about how to access the specific steps they want and in this case, it took about a minute of time for me to find it- all I did was copy your model, open a new tab and paste it before opening the pdf. Then, I looked at the table of contents- ('return to factory setting' is in there). I get it- the manual is big but at least it's not on paper.

highfigh

highfigh

After you set everything up, also install the free Yamaha AV Controller app and MusicCast app on your iPad and Phone. So much easier to use than the actual physical remote control.
And as you know, if someone wants to have Yamaha AVRs, integrated amp(s), MusicCast pieces in close proximity using IR for control, the IR1 and IR2 codes prevent commands affecting something that isn't supposed to be changed.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
And as you know, if someone wants to have Yamaha AVRs, integrated amp(s), MusicCast pieces in close proximity using IR for control, the IR1 and IR2 codes prevent commands affecting something that isn't supposed to be changed.
I didn’t know that. That’s cool.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan

Hey bro do they have that app for an android?
She was so frigging hot in that movie

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Well so far it's been great I LOOOOVE the intuitive setup menu. The interface is great Setuo so far has been a breeze. I like how when they do test tones and level matching it doesn't start out just straight blasting you like Denon you can control that with the menu

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
So I loved the menu for the Anthem too so I have to put that one at a dead tie

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis